"I Will Set Egyptians Against Egyptians"

Isaiah Chapter 19

19:1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

19:2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

19:3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. Defenders Notes >>

19:4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.

The Holy Bible

But I do not see them as set against each other yet.

It could easily come to that and I believe it will come to that but I don't see that happening yet. Had the army attacked the people, I would be of a different mindset, but there are those who can see it as an intellectual setting against each other I suppose...

Additional Quote

Isaiah 19:25 said:
19:25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
The prophecy of Isaiah on the O.T. took place several thousand years ago and has nothing to do with the current events taking place in Egypt today.

:razz: :razz:

parachute-fail.jpg

The prophecy of Isaiah on the O.T. took place several thousand years ago and has nothing to do with the current events taking place in Egypt today.

That is why is is called "prophecy"

Meaning the telling of future events

The Link was Posted as a service to the OP. That said, History and all the mistakes we make time after time do tend to repeat themselves. We do it to ourselves.

Remedy??? Sack Cloth and Ashes??? Prayer and Fasting??? Sincerity of Heart. Solomon said it best in 1 Kings Chapter 8.

1 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. 2 And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. 3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. 4 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.

PROPHECY NEWS-STAND: "I Will Set Egyptians Against Egyptians"

Added Link Even though the Link Provided was adequate The Holy Bible The Holy Bible

All hocus pocus.

The Link was Posted as a service to the OP. That said, History and all the mistakes we make time after time do tend to repeat themselves. We do it to ourselves.

Remedy??? Sack Cloth and Ashes??? Prayer and Fasting??? Sincerity of Heart. Solomon said it best in 1 Kings Chapter 8.

As well, prophesies are given in the form they are given so that none know the truth of the predestination, else by the very definition, they would not be prophesies.

Since we are discussing the OT, the Rabbinic scholar Maimonides, suggested that "prophecy is, in truth and reality, an emanation sent forth by Divine Being through the medium of the Active Intellect, in the first instance to man's rational faculty, and then to his imaginative faculty."

First the logical thought process and only then to the imagination. Our imagination.

We do not know when. Just how, and that how is left open to human imagination with interpretation.

So, we (Christians and Jews) do not know when the prophesy will truly occur we can not interpret perfectly and so we await. We might have already passed this interpretation which might have been wrong, to finally get to where we are going to get to anyway.

That's why not the time. We humans have the ability to extend events and thus extend prophesies. They are connected to us, not us to them.

But clearly the actions worldwide are important to keying phrases to events. They are as important to the Jews and Christians as the Qu'ran and its teaching is to Muslims.

People love to take verses out of context any try to make them fit modern events.

I see this all of the time; be it the Torah, New Testament, or the Quran.

Using the 19 chapter of the Book of Isaiah to explain the current events in Egypt.

Is a perfect example of this disingenuous lifting of verses to support an agenda.

For those who claim Isaiah 19 is a prophecy about modern Egypt.

And not a prophecy that has already been fulfilled during the time of the Pharaohs in ancient Egypt.

Then please explain the 18th verse:

Isaiah 19:18 " In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the LORD Almighty"

Do you know of even "one" city in the world where the people speak in the ancient Canaanite language??? :cool:

Last edited:
Since the movement of mankind is patterned there is no doubt that Egypt was seen by G-d as such. Syria as such and Israel as such.

That's the extension I am making Sunni Man and you lose it. For you to lose any chance of defining any source of knowledge, you deny the fundamentals of the prophesy over the medium. That's sad.

Question for you? Who defeated the Canaanites? Who took their land, people and their culture? The language was the same for all of that area at the time. So was the prophesy.

the bible will be fulfilled and nothing will change that.

cant you believe what you see?

I don't see Egyptians against Egyptians. I see Egyptians against a dictator. Seems rather one sided to me and the Egyptians are handling this quite well so far.

They need to do this as they will not be able to feed and water themselves otherwise. Dubai is already shipping in water and is unsustainable. Syria is a dust bin. Lebanon turning into an Islamic Fundamentalist state will not bring needed economic reforms.

No, I do not see Egyptian against Egyptian at all.

Here's someone setting Egyptian against Egyptian:

JERUSALEM – The Egyptian government has information a diplomat at the U.S. embassy in Cairo secretly met yesterday with a senior leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, the nation's major Islamist opposition group, WND has learned.

The topic of the meeting was the future of Egypt following the "fall" of President Hosni Mubarak, an Egyptian intelligence official told WND.

The claim comes amid charges from Cairo that the Obama administration has been encouraging the protests rocking Egypt and targeting the rule of Mubarak, a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.

Read more: U.S. 'held secret meeting with Muslim Brotherhood' U.S. 'held secret meeting with Muslim Brotherhood'

WND?
End of story.
We don't validate unsubstantiated rumors about you or anyone.

"The Canaanite languages are a subfamily of the Semitic languages, which were spoken by the ancient peoples of the Canaan region, including Canaanites, Israelites and Phoenicians. All of them became extinct as native languages in the early 1st millennium CE "

Thus, the prophecy contained in Isaiah 19 had to have already happened several thousand years ago.

Because the 18th verse of the prophecy concerning Egypt says:

Isaiah 19:18 " In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the LORD Almighty"

So to try and apply Isaiah 19 to the current events in Egypt is pure nonsense.

And just pure hate mongering by Zionist retards and naive Christians who barely know their Bible.

Bottom line is Egyptians are pissed off because Egypt is a shit hole, there are no jobs available except for the elite and there is no middle class in that country, you are either rich or poor. Everyone is directing their anger at Mubarak but like I have said many times before he is just 1 man, him leaving will not fix their problems overnight, if Egypt descends into choas things can get 20 times worse. Same thing here, if Obama vanished overnight, we would still have a huge deficit, high unemployment and still be fighting in Afghanistan. The leader of a country does not take the problems of the country with him when he falls, remember that.

The difference is that Mubarak is a dictator and has no accountability to the needs and desires of the people in Egypt.

Plus, he is nothing but a puppet leader backed by the U.S.; with his strings pulled by Israel.

The average Egyptian knows this and hates it.

Sure things might not get better if Mubarak falls.

But at least the Egyptian people will be in charge of their own destiny.

And hopefully, will have a leader who represents the will of the people and not the will of foreign governments. :cool:

Bottom line is Egyptians are pissed off because Egypt is a shit hole, there are no jobs available except for the elite and there is no middle class in that country, you are either rich or poor. Everyone is directing their anger at Mubarak but like I have said many times before he is just 1 man, him leaving will not fix their problems overnight, if Egypt descends into choas things can get 20 times worse. Same thing here, if Obama vanished overnight, we would still have a huge deficit, high unemployment and still be fighting in Afghanistan. The leader of a country does not take the problems of the country with him when he falls, remember that.

Indeed. :clap2:

And just pure hate mongering by Zionist retards and naive Christians who barely know their Bible.

You indict yourself.

What Peter says about Paul often says more about Peter than it does about Paul. Christians are far from naive. You are wishing.

"The Canaanite languages are a subfamily of the Semitic languages, which were spoken by the ancient peoples of the Canaan region, including Canaanites, Israelites and Phoenicians. All of them became extinct as native languages in the early 1st millennium CE "

Thus, the prophecy contained in Isaiah 19 had to have already happened several thousand years ago.

Because the 18th verse of the prophecy concerning Egypt says:

So to try and apply Isaiah 19 to the current events in Egypt is pure nonsense.

this verse in refering to the hebrew.

Forum List

Back