I was right, Universal Background checks for gun buys already proven useless….and stupid...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have stated in posts over and over that current federally mandated background checks are simply bypassed by actual criminals because they either steal their guns or use people who can pass a background check buy the gun….and here we have a case of a state with Universal Background checks….and they were bypassed…..just as I said they would be….

So anti gun extremists…your desire to punish law abiding people who want to own guns by implementing background checks is shown to be a stupid, pointless idea…….

Background Checks Powerless Again: Father of Gunman Faces Charges for Falsifying Purchase Forms - Breitbart

On September 29, Raymond Fryberg–father of Marysville-Pilchuck High School gunman Jaylen Fryberg–was found guilty of six firearm-related charges, including falsifying answers on federal forms for the purchase of a Beretta Px4 Storm handgun.

It was the Beretta handgun that 15-year-old Jaylen used to kill four students and wound another on October 24, 2014. He then took his own life.

According to Reuters, Raymond Fryberg was prohibited from buying or possessing a gun due to “a non-expiring domestic violence restraining order in 2002 after he was accused of assaulting and threatening his girlfriend.” Yet Fryberg purchased the Beretta and four other guns in 2013.

He passed a background check for the Beretta, something which prosecutors say he did by “[lying] on federal forms.” KOMO News reported that Fryberg was arrested on March 31 on charges that he “illegally purchased the firearm used in the mass shooting.”

Having been found guilty, Fryberg is scheduled to be sentenced on January 11.

It should be noted that Washington state’s new universal background check law passed by a small margin on November 4–just under two weeks after the Marysville shooting–with pledges that more background checks would reduce gun crime. However, Fryberg’s example proves again that background checks are impotent against determined criminals or those who are determined to get their hands on a gun at all costs.

Sooooo…he lied on his background check form…..a Universal Background check state….and he got the gun…and then his kid got the gun and killed people…..

So….the guy could not legally buy the gun under existing laws, and should not have been able to guy the gun due to both types of background check regimes, the old one…and now the Universal one……

Did background checks stop this guy from getting a gun…no.

Did background checks stop this guys son from killing people…no.

Since this guy could not legally own the gun in the first place…would licensing all gun owners have stopped him in any way….no.

Since this guy could not legally own the gun in the first place….would registering all guns have stopped this shooting….no.

In fact, a Supreme Court decision made it un Constitutional to force criminals from registering their illegal guns due to the 5th Amendment protection against self incrimination……

So a failure of anti gun extremism on all fronts…

Did you need to license all gun owners to arrest the father and son in this situation…no.

Did you need to register all guns in order to arrest the father and son in this situation….no.

So why do we need to license gun owners and register guns again?

Last edited:
criminal checks and mental heath checks. Gun buyers and owners should go though training periodically. Registered guns should be check every few years.

criminals will buy illegal guns one way or another

criminal checks and mental heath checks. Gun buyers and owners should go though training periodically. Registered guns should be check every few years.

Not one of the things you mentioned does anything.....we can arrest people who use guns to commit a crime with a gun right now...no registration needed...also, we can arrest felons in possession of guns right now...no registration needed.

Training....this is one of the ways that Europeans limit access to guns to all but the most wealthy and the politically connected.....

And if you can't be forced to pass a literacy test to vote, or a history test....then you can't require training to exercise a Right.

As long as assholes will sell to them out of the trunk of their car or on online.

As long as assholes will sell to them out of the trunk of their car or on online.

Yes...and when we catch those assholes we need to lock them up for a long time...but we need to focus on criminal gun sellers and not John Q. Citizen selling his gun to his brother in law.......

Yes...and when we catch those assholes we need to lock them up for a long time...but we need to focus on criminal gun sellers and not John Q. Citizen selling his gun to his brother in law.......
If you want to see what useless and stupid looks like, just look in the mirror, Mary.

If you want to see what useless and stupid looks like, just look in the mirror, Mary.

Allow me to tranlate from "left wing" talk.....

Tranlation begin....

Wow..he is right...and I can't disprove what he says because he is right. I have nothing to use and even if I lie he will show me as a liar....I guess all I can do is insult him....

End Translation.

Forum List

Back