I want to formelly become Catholic

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I asked the Pater from the Peter Brotherhood in Linz if I can go to the old latin rite mass (the triditintine mass). He said I can come and asked me whether Im formally Catholic. I said I was in Catholic school, received schooling in the catholic church before first communion and attended first communion. He said 2-3 personal talks are enough and Im converted to catholicism, I dont need confirmation or baptism because Im baptised and confirmed and received schoolin in the catholic religion (the orthodox confirm you when they baptise you and that is recognised by the catholic church also the orthodox baptismal). I receive the sacraments of penance and communion in catholic church already in my town. But Im still not officially converted to catholicism but I want to. I will go to Linz to this Pater and become catholic. But I wont tell my mum about it.

Sehr geehrter Herr Svetozar,

da Sie offenbar keine Glaubensschwierigkeiten mit der katholischen Lehr haben, wäre es sinnvoll, wenn Sie tatsächlich auch formell katholisch werden. Das ließe sich relativ einfach bewerkstelligen. Ich denke zwei oder drei persönliche Treffen mit einem Glaubensgespräch werden reichen, damit Sie auch offiziell katholisch werden können.

Ob Sie dafür einen Austrittserklärung aus der orthodoxen Kirche brauchen weiß ich nicht sicher, glaube aber eher nein, weil die Zugehörigkeit zu einer Konfession eine Sache des persönlichen Bekenntnisses ist, das dann auch öffentlich vertreten werden soll/muss. Das heißt, wenn Sie offiziell zur katholischen Kirche konvertieren, sind Sie dann katholisch egal ob Sie vorher irgendwo einen Austritt aus der serbisch-orthodoxen Kirche erklärt haben oder nicht.

Ich werde aber zur Sicherheit noch nachfragen.

Wenn es Ihnen möglich ist einmal zu uns ins Gemeindezentrum zu kommen, dann könnten wir die Dinge in Ruhe und persönlich besprechen

Machen Sie mir einen Terminvorschlag.

I asked the Pater from the Peter Brotherhood in Linz if I can go to the old latin rite mass (the triditintine mass). He said I can come and asked me whether Im formally Catholic. I said I was in Catholic school, received schooling in the catholic church before first communion and attended first communion. He said 2-3 personal talks are enough and Im converted to catholicism, I dont need confirmation or baptism because Im baptised and confirmed and received schoolin in the catholic religion (the orthodox confirm you when they baptise you and that is recognised by the catholic church also the orthodox baptismal). I receive the sacraments of penance and communion in catholic church already in my town. But Im still not officially converted to catholicism but I want to. I will go to Linz to this Pater and become catholic. But I wont tell my mum about it.

da Sie offenbar keine Glaubensschwierigkeiten mit der katholischen Lehr haben, wäre es sinnvoll, wenn Sie tatsächlich auch formell katholisch werden. Das ließe sich relativ einfach bewerkstelligen. Ich denke zwei oder drei persönliche Treffen mit einem Glaubensgespräch werden reichen, damit Sie auch offiziell katholisch werden können.

Ob Sie dafür einen Austrittserklärung aus der orthodoxen Kirche brauchen weiß ich nicht sicher, glaube aber eher nein, weil die Zugehörigkeit zu einer Konfession eine Sache des persönlichen Bekenntnisses ist, das dann auch öffentlich vertreten werden soll/muss. Das heißt, wenn Sie offiziell zur katholischen Kirche konvertieren, sind Sie dann katholisch egal ob Sie vorher irgendwo einen Austritt aus der serbisch-orthodoxen Kirche erklärt haben oder nicht.

Wenn es Ihnen möglich ist einmal zu uns ins Gemeindezentrum zu kommen, dann könnten wir die Dinge in Ruhe und persönlich besprechen

Hey Mort... Any mortal sins?

Do you think God cares if you have certificate? He cares if you follow the word. Its about how you act not a peice of paper. Follow God's laws and be a good person you receive his grace.

Talk to tnharley he can help.

It’s a big decision, Mort, think it through

WHY? THE Catholic church is evil.

Why not tell your mum?

Quitting is even easier than joining, so why not if you feel you gain something. The decision is simple to undo.

What does it take to believe some guy when not molesting innocent boys has a special power to forgive your sin?

He said 2-3 personal talks are enough and Im converted to catholicism, I dont need confirmation or baptism because Im baptised and confirmed and received schoolin in the catholic religion
"Catholic" means "worldly" in the original ancient Greek.

The Catholics have gone Jewish — with the castration of choirboys in place of the circumcision — and accordingly the Pope of Rome has met with Jewish Rabbis in Israel and accepted their faith.

And there's a lady and they are giving you what is called short shrift in that Establishment of religion.

Nonetheless it seems valid to confess and be open about your sins, and ask for a formal acceptance in that religious institution of whatever sort of community it is — especially if it is the people of your own hometown or fatherland you have to live and work with, etc.

I see you are open about being more or less an average person of rather strict moral upbringing and opening all these religious books in the German language and those others aren't quite coming clean with their teachings or various points of doctrine which you may have to live with the rest of your life even if you do not agree with them.

I already signed the exit from the serbian-orthodox church. I will get a letter with confirmation, when I have that letter, the catholic priest said I should contact him again and we will sign the conversion papers. Then Im officially Catholic. That being said, the Orthodox Church will be informed, the Orthodox priest will be informed that I exit the orthodox church. I wonder if they will be angry or hate me or consider me a bad guy or be shocked? I like the Serbian-Orthodox church and the Orthodox priest was always nice to me, I dont want that they hate me. But I study catholic theology, and when Im finished and want to do a job, of course I need to be catholic, also Im aiming to be a catholic priest or monk, or at least chaplain or diacon. And of course if you aim that you need to be Catholic.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I already signed the exit from the serbian-orthodox church. I will get a letter with confirmation, when I have that letter, the catholic priest said I should contact him again and we will sign the conversion papers
I don't like any of the implications of all that officious paperwork. There is far too much popery and hierarchy — you might say bureaucracy — at both of the institutions you are mentioning.

It is meaningless vanity in the sense that it does not have any relation or bearing on the salvation of the soul, peace with God, or any other confessed "goals" of the Christian religion as such.
also Im aiming to be a catholic priest or monk, or at least chaplain or diacon. And of course if you aim that you need to be Catholic
That's a lot of rationalization to look for an official position where you might serve people in that capacity — but I on the contrary hold to the doctrine of John Huss and Martin Luther in rejecting fraternal vows of poverty, chastity, and celibacy — that the fathers who promote or compel such false vows among the clergy are guilty of causing or forcing the sin of adultery inevitably to be committed.

One of the Twelve Conclusions it is written that "such men like not women."

I am not mincing words here either: "lollardy" is a vulgar English term for lesbianism, not to mention its counterpart "Bohemian fraternization" for the behavior of such men.

Mortimer

I always liked to become a Jew. I liked to convert to this kind of Jew, who goes to a butcher and says: "I would like to get three of this fish here in your showcase". Then the butcher might answer: "Fish? You like to get three pork bratwurst?" And I will reanswer: "Oh ... I did not like to know the name of the fish!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back