I want a choice, dammit.

Which is why the republicans have worked for decades to keep legal American voters from voting

n89419_not%20this%20shit%20again.jpg

Was watching the news before I got out of bed this morning. Rick Perry has slid into a close second behind Romney in the polls and Perry hasn't even announced for President. Bachmann has slipped to third though still in the running. Everybody else seems to be at or near single digits with Pawlenty bringing up the rear. And none of the front runners have a really strong or solid plurality yet.

It is obviously still anybody's race, but one thing is for sure. ANY of the GOP wannabes, including the ones polling the weakest, would be a better President than what we have. But many of us would have to hold our nose to vote for many, most, or maybe all of those running.

But as has been said, I think all of us who really care about this country would do that before we would sign on for four more years of the disastrous track the current Administration has us on.

Last edited:
I agree with Si modo.
I'm sick and tired of no choice in the Democrat party.
No one ran against Gabby Giffords last time and no one so far is running against President Obama.
They have become the party of one candidate only party. In my book that's dictatorship.

I agree with Si modo.
No one ran against Gabby Giffords last time and no one so far is running against President Obama.
They have become the party of one candidate only party. In my book that's dictatorship.
Unfortunately, it's pretty much a given that the incumbent will be the Dem nominee. That's why I'm thinking Hillary may switch parties. I have thought she would for a while.

I agree with Si modo.
Unfortunately, it's pretty much a given that the incumbent will be the Dem nominee. That's why I'm thinking Hillary may switch parties. I have thought she would for a while.

she'd have to leave her current post rather quickly.

Was watching the news before I got out of bed this morning. Rick Perry has slid into a close second behind Romney in the polls and Perry hasn't even announced for President. Bachmann has slipped to third though still in the running. Everybody else seems to be at or near single digits with Pawlenty bringing up the rear. And none of the front runners have a really strong or solid plurality yet.

It is obviously still anybody's race, but one thing is for sure. ANY of the GOP wannabes, including the ones polling the weakest, would be a better President than what we have. But many of us would have to hold our nose to vote for many, most, or maybe all of those running.

But as has been said, I think all of us who really care about this country would do that before we would sign on for four more years of the disastrous track the current Administration has us on.

Did you like Gary Johnson as governor? He is being ignored just like Ron Paul was in 2008, so he doesn't stand a chance. That being said, how do you think he would do as president?

I agree with Si modo.

Not necessarily. She may get "replaced", though.

I think the only reason she hasn't switched yet is because of that post.

Not necessarily. She may get "replaced", though.

I think the only reason she hasn't switched yet is because of that post.

Do you think the Green Party will welcome her?

Did you like Gary Johnson as governor? He is being ignored just like Ron Paul was in 2008, so he doesn't stand a chance. That being said, how do you think he would do as president?

Gary was saddled with a strong Democratic majority in the state legislature or I think he could have gotten more accomplished. He is a pleasant, thoroughly likable guy with some solid convictions re restraint of government power and fiscal restraint, accountability, integrity, and responsibility. As governor, he made some horrible appointments though--people who weren't bad but were incompetent in their posts--which makes me leery of who he would appoint as President too.

He would have an advantage over Ron Paul in that Gary can and does smile and is frankly much more likable than Paul. Their general politics are essentially identical though Gary might be a little less radical when it comes to the military. But even though he has announced for President, Gary isn't gaining any traction anywhere, not even here in New Mexico. Polling below Paul who is polling poorly.

Last edited:
I can't get past Ron Paul's escalating whining. His voice gets higher and higher as he goes along so much so, that I think he is going to cry at any second.

Not very leaderly-like.

I know, it's a personal thing, but he does need a persona makeover.

A lot of Federally elected seats go uncontested.. Because the dominant party for that seat doesn't have to defend it. Incumbents can do literally any damn outrageous thing they want because "whatchagonnado" vote for the opposing party?

Time to open up American debate. Literally.. Restore the "wings" on both sides. Work to bring down the horrendous ballot access laws that BAR true participation. Allow 3rd parties like the Libertarians and Greens access to publically funded and controlled debate.

You CANNOT change this with the 2 party monopoly that exists. And only IDIOTS would run for office today under these circumstances only to preside over more of the same declining American influence.

If incumbents and "protected seats" were subject to TRUE competition and were not safe -- things would change rapidly. And the LIES that both parties use to protect their power would dissipate..

Most Americans don't realize how difficult it is to get ONTO a Federal election ballot. It's murder. And the "establishment" jealously guards their monopoly.. The Libertarian party spends MILLIONS just to collect signatures on petitions and fight court battles in every state to assure a "50 state" state for their members. They should be applauded for this effort every 4 years and get some relief from this onerous practice..

Last edited:
I can't get past Ron Paul's escalating whining. His voice gets higher and higher as he goes along so much so, that I think he is going to cry at any second.

Not very leaderly-like.

That's Ron Paul's main problem. He comes across as a sour faced, whiney old man on television. I can't remember ever seeing the man smile. And since the onset of television, a candidate can't be just competent. They have to be likable to gain traction and be electable. Paul isn't.

Gary Johnson doesn't have that problem. But because of his strong libertarian views and strong fiscal conservatism, he also is not going to be a darling of the Republican establishment that has become far too liberal and political for most of our tastes and therefore they won't help him. He can't be elected if the party isn't behind him.

Not very leaderly-like.

That's Ron Paul's main problem. He comes across as a sour faced, whiney old man on television. I can't remember ever seeing the man smile. And since the onset of television, a candidate can't be just competent. They have to be likable to gain traction and be electable. Paul isn't.

Gary Johnson doesn't have that problem. But because of his strong libertarian views and strong fiscal conservatism, he also is not going to be a darling of the Republican establishment that has become far too liberal and political for most of our tastes and therefore they won't help him. He can't be elected if the party isn't behind him.

I made the same mistake FoxFyre about G. Johnson. What I didn't realize at the time I picked him out of the field is evidently the people expect candidates to have a small trace of personality in order to be President. Who would have figured that?

A lot of Federally elected seats go uncontested.. Because the dominant party for that seat doesn't have to defend it. Incumbents can do literally any damn outrageous thing they want because "whatchagonnado" vote for the opposing party?

Time to open up American debate. Literally.. Restore the "wings" on both sides. Work to bring down the horrendous ballot access laws that BAR true participation. Allow 3rd parties like the Libertarians and Greens access to publically funded and controlled debate.

You CANNOT change this with the 2 party monopoly that exists. And only IDIOTS would run for office today under these circumstances only to preside over more of the same declining American influence.

If incumbents and "protected seats" were subject to TRUE competition and were not safe -- things would change rapidly. And the LIES that both parties use to protect their power would dissipate..

Most Americans don't realize how difficult it is to get ONTO a Federal election ballot. It's murder. And the "establishment" jealously guards their monopoly.. The Libertarian party spends MILLIONS just to collect signatures on petitions and fight court battles in every state to assure a "50 state" state for their members. They should be applauded for this effort every 4 years and get some relief from this onerous practice..
I agree that the system alienates good candidates.

Now, we just have those willing to put up with the shit and be puppets, IMO. And, each puppet has a different set of masters.

For example, I think C. Rice would be great, but she will not run. Ever. She is too smart to do so.

Forum List

Back