I understand and believe in global warming, but...

racialreality9

Aug 8, 2016
I like it and want it to accelerate.

More frequent bad weather events and disasters, it's necessary for nature to smack humans silly. Let this corrupt system be brought down by the weather.

are you bobby jindal?

White-Jindal.jpg

If you understood global warming you would realize it is a money making UN scheme. Don't take mt word for it. Take theirs:

Listen to the words of former United Nations climate official Ottmar Edenhofer:

"One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole," said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.
We redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy," said Edenhofer.

It is a redistribution of our wealth scheme.

Until global warming knocks out the internet, what does it matter really.

"My initial reaction to this story was the famous Upton Sinclair line: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” But there is much more than simple greed in Exxon’s actions. Understanding the broader context of Exxon’s malfeasance is one clue to a more complete recognition of the harm it has inflicted."

"After investigations by Inside Climate News and the Los Angeles Times showed ExxonMobil’s own scientists recognized the risks of burning fossil fuels in the 1980s., the company faced harsh criticism even from some shareholders as well as possible legal action. Yet remarkably even in the face of these revelations Exxon continues to fund climate science denial. Recent recipients include such stalwart denialists as the American Enterprise Institute and the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)."

The Contemporary Condition: Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Exxon, Neoliberalism, and the Climate Crisis

If you understood global warming you would realize it is a money making UN scheme. Don't take mt word for it. Take theirs:

"One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole," said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.

It is not. Edenhofer is describing how nations are acting to reduce global warming. He is not describing IPCC behavior, policy or viewpoint. It would be helpful were you to read the entire exchange (a magazine interview with Stern, I think) rather than this wee soundbite deniers like to pass around.

lol. There is no global warming. Nor wee sound bites. You are being suckered.

We distribute, in reality, the world's wealth..... Free yourself from the illusion that it is environmental policy.

It has 0 to do with climate change. China is proof of that. Our coal, bought dirt cheap, and burned at their discretion. No policy. Just our resources distributed to whoever wants them.
So, have read it. Understand it. Now you understand something. What policy is China following? Is the world better off if China and everyone else but the USA burns our fossil fuels? Of course not. This is a UN attack on our country. Let's listen in on the comments made at the climate change give away summits. This is not what they tell us, but what they tell each other. They know better than you do what the truth is:

A remark from Maurice Strong, who organized the first U.N. Earth Climate Summit (1992) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil revealed the real goal: “We may get to the point where the only way of saving the world will be for industrialized civilization to collapse"
Al Gore's buddy Wirth Dem. Co.:
“We have got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.”
Deputy Assistant of State Richard Benedick, "A global warming treaty [Kyoto] must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the [enhanced] greenhouse effect.”
Canadian Minister of the Environment, told editors and reporters of the Calgary Herald: “No matter if the science of global warming is all phony climate change [provides] the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world".
Peter Thorne of the U.K. Met Office advised caution, saying: “Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study and approach and discount a wealth of others.

And now for the REAL goal of "climate change":
Speaking at the 2000 U.N. Conference on Climate Change in the Hague, former President Jacques Chirac of France explained why the IPCC’s climate initiative supported a key Western European Kyoto Protocol objective: “For the first time, humanity is instituting a genuine instrument of global governance, one that should find a place within the World Environmental Organization which France and the European Union would like to see established.”

Now you know the truth from the very people that are sucking our economy dry.

The goal is global governance. It is a scam to redistribute our wealth and take us down.

Last edited:
Yep, Dekster! I have an analogy. I'm from Michigan. Years back when the NE canneries closed due to European products, I didn't pay attention. And when the textile mills of the Carolinas closed as businesses moved off-shore, it mattered little to me. But when Lee Iaccoca traveled to Japan because of the Toyota car sales in the USA, I did sit up and take notice. And it was already too late! I still chuckle at the news report, by Frank Reynolds I think, when he said Iaccoca was upset because Japan sold over 100,000 cars in the USA in the last year (I forget what year). Anyway I remember thinking.."No, 100,000 Americans BOUGHT Japanese cars last year!" They couldn't sell them if we didn't buy them. So with this in mind..this link is for the nayy-sayers. I think the deniers think this stuff happens overnight or something.

Flooding of Coast, Caused by Global Warming, Has Already Begun

Yep, Dekster! I have an analogy. I'm from Michigan. Years back when the NE canneries closed due to European products, I didn't pay attention. And when the textile mills of the Carolinas closed as businesses moved off-shore, it mattered little to me. But when Lee Iaccoca traveled to Japan because of the Toyota car sales in the USA, I did sit up and take notice. And it was already too late! I still chuckle at the news report, by Frank Reynolds I think, when he said Iaccoca was upset because Japan sold over 100,000 cars in the USA in the last year (I forget what year). Anyway I remember thinking.."No, 100,000 Americans BOUGHT Japanese cars last year!" They couldn't sell them if we didn't buy them. So with this in mind..this link is for the nayy-sayers. I think the deniers think this stuff happens overnight or something.

The textile mills closed in no small part to the facts that "Made in the USA" wasn't enough of a motivator to get people to pay twice as much for towels, and that the Mills were old using old technology and unable to compete with new mills with high speed looms that were far less labor intensive than the American looms and produced far more yards of cloth an hour than the American looms. Textiles could possibly have been saved in a much different form, but the writing was on the wall, One of the few areas of textile manufacturing that was still profitable were custom design fabrics like used to make Disney "Little Mermaid" sheets and the like as American textiles finishing was still much better than the weaving and people were willing to pay a premium for kids' merchandising products. I think I read somewhere that Disney, Martha Stewart, and a hand-full of very high-end interior designers were the only ones who required their products be finished in the US because of the superior American quality control in that last step. .

And the problem with Global Warming isn't that there is global warming. It is that the theory that man caused it and man can stop it is where the folly lies.

It is not. Edenhofer is describing how nations are acting to reduce global warming. He is not describing IPCC behavior, policy or viewpoint. It would be helpful were you to read the entire exchange (a magazine interview with Stern, I think) rather than this wee soundbite deniers like to pass around.
Sure bubba

The textile mills closed in no small part to the facts that "Made in the USA" wasn't enough of a motivator to get people to pay twice as much for towels, and that the Mills were old using old technology and unable to compete with new mills with high speed looms that were far less labor intensive than the American looms and produced far more yards of cloth an hour than the American looms. Textiles could possibly have been saved in a much different form, but the writing was on the wall, One of the few areas of textile manufacturing that was still profitable were custom design fabrics like used to make Disney "Little Mermaid" sheets and the like as American textiles finishing was still much better than the weaving and people were willing to pay a premium for kids' merchandising products. I think I read somewhere that Disney, Martha Stewart, and a hand-full of very high-end interior designers were the only ones who required their products be finished in the US because of the superior American quality control in that last step. .

And the problem with Global Warming isn't that there is global warming. It is that the theory that man caused it and man can stop it is where the folly lies.
You state that, yet the scientist state just the opposite. So, who to trust, the tens of thousands scientists worldwide who state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger, or an anonymous internet poster that denies that without presenting the slightest bit of evidence for his denial?

You state that, yet the scientist state just the opposite. So, who to trust, the tens of thousands scientists worldwide who state that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger, or an anonymous internet poster that denies that without presenting the slightest bit of evidence for his denial?
OldRocks, one of the lessons life has taught me is similar to your posted thought. Years ago I taught Sunday School to 12 yr olds, and one Sunday the lesson plan asked. "What are some of the things people do to avoid keeping the Ten Commandments?" One bright kid immediately popped up and said, "They say there is no God!" I'm not getting into THAT argument here, but the lesson to me is...deny authority and the stops are off. Since then I have recognized the tactic and it's nuances many times. And this is one of those times for me...this closing of the mind to a possibility by denying legitimate authority.

Dekster, I didn't know that about our lost mills, but I know the Michigan plants were growing old and outdated, so the story is similar for autos. It is cheaper to build anew than to upgrade, and the plants were used up. New and robotic became the future...elsewhere. But I would nuance your statement about the folly of the theory that man caused it and can stop it. Seems like the pressure is to quit exacerbating it. There is irrefutable evidence that these cycles have happened Earthwide for millennia and recovered naturally. But this time, the balance is more in our hands. The Earth always heals. And it will heal itself after we are gone. The trick is to keep us here and healthy enough to be able to keep it habitable for our kind.

I trust the raw data that shows that it has been warmer than it is now, and I understand correlation does not equal causation. I trust the historical information that the little Ice Age existed and that we have been warming since then.

OldRocks, one of the lessons life has taught me is similar to your posted thought. Years ago I taught Sunday School to 12 yr olds, and one Sunday the lesson plan asked. "What are some of the things people do to avoid keeping the Ten Commandments?" One bright kid immediately popped up and said, "They say there is no God!" I'm not getting into THAT argument here, but the lesson to me is...deny authority and the stops are off. Since then I have recognized the tactic and it's nuances many times. And this is one of those times for me...this closing of the mind to a possibility by denying legitimate authority.

You believe in one fiction so you must believe in all fiction. That is certainly a compelling argument.

Dekster, I didn't know that about our lost mills, but I know the Michigan plants were growing old and outdated, so the story is similar for autos. It is cheaper to build anew than to upgrade, and the plants were used up. New and robotic became the future...elsewhere. But I would nuance your statement about the folly of the theory that man caused it and can stop it. Seems like the pressure is to quit exacerbating it. There is irrefutable evidence that these cycles have happened Earthwide for millennia and recovered naturally. But this time, the balance is more in our hands. The Earth always heals. And it will heal itself after we are gone. The trick is to keep us here and healthy enough to be able to keep it habitable for our kind.

It isn't cheaper necessarily to build new. It makes sense. If you shut a plant down to refurb/renovate, then the plant is not making anything at all and you are hemorrhaging cash and workers are going other places, and your competition is eating up your market share and taking over your contracts.. Instead, you build a new factory while keeping the old one running, and then move your production into the new factory and close the old one you don't need any more. The 100 year old factory then can be either sold to someone else, or in the case of our mill, it was disassembled and recycled. The old machinery went into metals recycling, and the bricks and old wood were reclaimed for construction projects. In our case, it got worse because the new factory in Mexico was a failure, the company went bankrupt, and someone bought up the name and the intellectual property of the company and it continues on in Pakastani mills. As for Global Warming, it favors humans. If the temps were going the other way, that is when we would have to worry, but we wouldn't be able to do anything about that either.

It isn't cheaper necessarily to build new. It makes sense. If you shut a plant down to refurb/renovate, then the plant is not making anything at all and you are hemorrhaging cash and workers are going other places, and your competition is eating up your market share and taking over your contracts.. Instead, you build a new factory while keeping the old one running, and then move your production into the new factory and close the old one you don't need any more. The 100 year old factory then can be either sold to someone else, or in the case of our mill, it was disassembled and recycled. The old machinery went into metals recycling, and the bricks and old wood were reclaimed for construction projects. In our case, it got worse because the new factory in Mexico was a failure, the company went bankrupt, and someone bought up the name and the intellectual property of the company and it continues on in Pakastani mills. As for Global Warming, it favors humans. If the temps were going the other way, that is when we would have to worry, but we wouldn't be able to do anything about that either.
Very good points to ponder, dekster. But the problem with the warming favoring humans IMHO is WHERE it favors humans, and where the water is. The Sahara is an example. It is said the area was once a garden. And it is rumored the Oglalla aquifer is about 50% deleted again after recovering from the overuse of the early 20th century. I also read that the coast of California was once a good 375' further into the Pacific not too long ago (about 9500 years or so) until the so-called 'alti-thermal' epoch hit re-arranged the shoreline further inland. I fear I have that 'little bit of knowledge' and am mostly ignorant....but I DO recycle and try to use energy wisely.

Forum List

Back