I think it's fair to say that both the republican and democratic parties are fucked

The voter turnout in November will be historically low. I really question how the political system of the USA will survive past the November election. The idea of either party coming out as the winner is bewildering to think about.

Billy,

Don't fall into the Right Wing low expectations trap... They want a disillusioned electorate, that is why they spread chaos and fear...

Truth is the Democrats had a particularly good primary season. We thought it would be a walk in the park for Hillary... But fair play to Bernie, he introduce new ideas to the party and a possible new way forward... This change Hillary stance in a few areas but also showed the power of the Social Democratic side of the Democratic party.
It also showed where the young would like to go... I thought Hillary would pick a more progressive VP to shore this up but went with KAine, who is a fine choice...

Hillary while not the best campaigner in the world is a very fine implementor when in government... She had high approval numbers as Senator and very high as Secretary of State. She is an exceptional safe pair of hands in what looks like choppy waters ahead. Yes she is a moderate (center left).. I don't see her being hawkish abroad, she only says that because she is a woman and is just appearing strong for the moment.

Hillary gives us Bill's Presidency for a 3rd term and there is a lot to like about that... A good few Judge picks and concentration on strong economy and a domestic agenda better services (Education, Health, Infrastructure, Environment....).

She will work across the aisle if there is a friendly hand to shake over there.. This might sound boring but boring is good, competent is good. That is what is needed... There is enough other things going on...

As for terrorist threats, she gets it... You can't wage war and expect no blowback... Again a policy much like her husband's.

Don't let the Media and the hyperbole hard right sway you from the righteous path, there is a lot to get excited about when you have a competent person doing the basics right at the wheel. Ask any businessman; Do you want lower taxes or stability and they will pick stability any day.
I agree with all of that about Hillary. The problem is most Bernie supporters don't.

Billy000 represents liberals quite well in this thread. He sees his candidate losing ground and facing a growing opposition from her own party so he posts a thread saying "both parties are fucked" when in reality it's HIS party that is fucked. He's trying to include the rest of us in his defeat but it isn't working. Watching his frustration is entertaining.
Lol can you be this willfully ignorant? You know the GOP has no faith in Trump but you're still going to pretend it isn't true.
Stop trying to save face, dude. You just made a fool out of yourself, leave it at that. The more you try to recover, the worse you look.
Lol we both know I never faultered.

Billy000 represents liberals quite well in this thread. He sees his candidate losing ground and facing a growing opposition from her own party so he posts a thread saying "both parties are fucked" when in reality it's HIS party that is fucked. He's trying to include the rest of us in his defeat but it isn't working. Watching his frustration is entertaining.
Lol can you be this willfully ignorant? You know the GOP has no faith in Trump but you're still going to pretend it isn't true.
Stop trying to save face, dude. You just made a fool out of yourself, leave it at that. The more you try to recover, the worse you look.
Lol we both know I never faultered.
Fine, don't take my advice. Keep making a fool of yourself.

Both Hillary and Bernie are proposing real regulation on Wall Street. They both support raising the minimum wage. They both support repairing our infrastructure. They both want to make college more affordable. They both want action on climate change. Hillary wants to strengthen retirement planning for those in the middle class.

Even if you oppose all of those ideas, at least they actually are IDEAS. Trump supporters are apparently too retarded to care that they still have no idea HOW trump wants to "make America great again." No one has any earthly idea what that Neanderthal will do in office besides building a goddamn wall.
Speaking of stupid shit that 10 year olds say....

Trump is talking about things this country should have been doing a century ago out of pure common sense and Hillary and Bernie are either wanting to do stupid shit that will wreck the country, or they are just making ridiculous promises they will never keep.

Trump will at least keep America from getting worse out of pure ego and stubbornness. Hillary will destroy this country in less than one term if she gets the Supreme Court appointments.
See even now you still can't admit that you have no earthly idea what this guy will do in office lol. Are you that much of a blind sheep?
Trump serves my interests.

He might as well be my sheep.
Lol you people really crack me up.
If you actually read my earlier posts you would know that I posted a similar statement when Trump was just starting out.

Trump serves my agenda no matter what he does.

What agenda?? He has been on both sides of almost every issue...

He talks about creating jobs while increasing tariffs which are a job killer.

Fighting Terrorism while giving them the largest recruitment drive.

He is a good salesman who is selling you a used car... You ask what liberals have against him? He is totally incompetent to be president, it doesn't matter if he was a liberal...

This is a simple case of do you want a competent president or an incompetent one...

While you might not agree with Hillary she is competent and her administration will be experienced and knowledgeable and have the ability to get things done.

The voter turnout in November will be historically low. I really question how the political system of the USA will survive past the November election. The idea of either party coming out as the winner is bewildering to think about.

Billy,

Don't fall into the Right Wing low expectations trap... They want a disillusioned electorate, that is why they spread chaos and fear...

Truth is the Democrats had a particularly good primary season. We thought it would be a walk in the park for Hillary... But fair play to Bernie, he introduce new ideas to the party and a possible new way forward... This change Hillary stance in a few areas but also showed the power of the Social Democratic side of the Democratic party.
It also showed where the young would like to go... I thought Hillary would pick a more progressive VP to shore this up but went with KAine, who is a fine choice...

Hillary while not the best campaigner in the world is a very fine implementor when in government... She had high approval numbers as Senator and very high as Secretary of State. She is an exceptional safe pair of hands in what looks like choppy waters ahead. Yes she is a moderate (center left).. I don't see her being hawkish abroad, she only says that because she is a woman and is just appearing strong for the moment.

Hillary gives us Bill's Presidency for a 3rd term and there is a lot to like about that... A good few Judge picks and concentration on strong economy and a domestic agenda better services (Education, Health, Infrastructure, Environment....).

She will work across the aisle if there is a friendly hand to shake over there.. This might sound boring but boring is good, competent is good. That is what is needed... There is enough other things going on...

As for terrorist threats, she gets it... You can't wage war and expect no blowback... Again a policy much like her husband's.

Don't let the Media and the hyperbole hard right sway you from the righteous path, there is a lot to get excited about when you have a competent person doing the basics right at the wheel. Ask any businessman; Do you want lower taxes or stability and they will pick stability any day.
I agree with all of that about Hillary. The problem is most Bernie supporters don't.

What Bernie supports have to be understand is that Bernie is a leader of a movement... The movement of Social Democracy is bigger than Bernie and will outlast Bernie...

To continue this movement, they need to consolidate their wins and use your power to elect Hillary who will be a welcome ear to your movement in the White House. You should look for your movement to get on to Hillary's platform...

The Social Democratic Movement did incredibly well... This is not an outsider movement, it is movement about sound principles and citizen first... Bernie said lets thing like Europe, well in Europe you compromise, 'Bernie or Bust' is not what Social Democracy is about.

Social Democracy Movement has come to a crossroads, do you want to stay relevant and use your power to change America or do you want to spoil the party for the people closest to you because you want to be 'pure or nothing'...

Lets remind everyone, we are not Republicans calling our own RINOs... We differ but we understand our common goals unite us rather and respect what differs us...

This could be a very exciting time ahead for the Democratic party as these young people energise the party with new ideas and new blood... And that is something to respect and admire..

Well done the Social Democratic movement, we admire where you come from and where you are going. Not everyone is there yet so lets consolidate the wins for now and come back again... There is mid terms in 2 years where I think they can make big wins...

I believe Hillary should offer to put up a constitution amendment to introduce proportion representational single transfer voting... This would mean the Social Democrats could have had a candidate on the ballot in November without really hurting the main center left candidate...

The Republican Party is just fine now that we curbed the GOP'ers....

The democrat party is over as,we knew it....

Billy,

What Bernie supports have to be understand is that Bernie is a leader of a movement... The movement of Social Democracy is bigger than Bernie and will outlast Bernie...

To continue this movement, they need to consolidate their wins and use your power to elect Hillary who will be a welcome ear to your movement in the White House. You should look for your movement to get on to Hillary's platform...

The Social Democratic Movement did incredibly well... This is not an outsider movement, it is movement about sound principles and citizen first... Bernie said lets thing like Europe, well in Europe you compromise, 'Bernie or Bust' is not what Social Democracy is about.

Social Democracy Movement has come to a crossroads, do you want to stay relevant and use your power to change America or do you want to spoil the party for the people closest to you because you want to be 'pure or nothing'...

Lets remind everyone, we are not Republicans calling our own RINOs... We differ but we understand our common goals unite us rather and respect what differs us...

This could be a very exciting time ahead for the Democratic party as these young people energise the party with new ideas and new blood... And that is something to respect and admire..

Well done the Social Democratic movement, we admire where you come from and where you are going. Not everyone is there yet so lets consolidate the wins for now and come back again... There is mid terms in 2 years where I think they can make big wins...

I believe Hillary should offer to put up a constitution amendment to introduce proportion representational single transfer voting... This would mean the Social Democrats could have had a candidate on the ballot in November without really hurting the main center left candidate...

Billy,

That's quite patronizing. It's quite odd listening to these conversations. On the one hand, there is this desperate need to hijack the "movement" and do everything you can to distance yourselves from it. The conversations that should be occurring are the ones that are taking place on the streets of Philly.

It appears the Democrats are the ones that should be questioning their relevancy. You admire nothing.

Transparency. Trump will be president and that will fall squarely in your laps.

Billy,

Billy,

That's quite patronizing. It's quite odd listening to these conversations. On the one hand, there is this desperate need to hijack the "movement" and do everything you can to distance yourselves from it. The conversations that should be occurring are the ones that are taking place on the streets of Philly.

It appears the Democrats are the ones that should be questioning their relevancy. You admire nothing.

There is no hijacking... There is the willingness to talk with the Social Democratic movement...

In case you haven't heard Hillary won on every metric... But strong voice has emerge, a voice that needs to be listened too and respected.

But for the movement to mature and grow they are best to see where they can add to the democratic platform while respecting the majority. Bernie knows that and is trying to get the Social Democratic movement to move there so they can always be relevant and constructive. That type of unity will be very hard to break in the future.

This is how adults should behave...

The Republicans had a near record high turnout in the primaries.

The Democrat turnout is down nearly 20% compared to 2008.

Here in Ohio, an important swing state, voter turnout in the Democrat primary is down 47%.

How do ya like them apples?

Last edited:

Billy,

Billy,

There is no hijacking... There is the willingness to talk with the Social Democratic movement...

In case you haven't heard Hillary won on every metric... But strong voice has emerge, a voice that needs to be listened too and respected.

But for the movement to mature and grow they are best to see where they can add to the democratic platform while respecting the majority. Bernie knows that and is trying to get the Social Democratic movement to move there so they can always be relevant and constructive. That type of unity will be very hard to break in the future.

Again. How patronizing. Do you realize that all of the issues were once upon a time what Democrats were for until the willing sell out to corporations? Adults wouldn't have sold out to begin with.

#DemExit

Good. It's time for more parties.

I am a registered independent.

I would not vote for Mrs. Tuzla for any reason I can think of. I can't think of one thing she has done to convince me otherwise. But I can think of many things she has done to make me feel this way.

Trump? He is everything I really don't like. Arrogant, petty, narcissistic, you know just like most president. I don't know what kind of job he might do. But I do believe his ego will force him to do what at least he thinks is best. He isn't going to be happy just being president, he will strive to be the best president ever. While I might vote for someone else, who had a chance as I did with Perot, I am not going to do it, like I did with Perot, and allow another damn Clinton into the WH.

I know it can be hard to swallow but at least Trump will piss off both sides of the aisle. With the added bonus that he is more to the left than Mrs. Tuzla Clinton. On top of that he opposed all the wars that the left opposed. I am not sure how the left can hate Trump so much he is almost one of them. Only one letter different.
His arrogance , his unfiltered speech, his strength in the fight never folding or even showing a sign of weakness but coming back and hitting even stronger are ALL character traits I greatly admire and will make him an exceptional President.

He certainly will be different.

Speak for yourself, Billy.
What is that even mean? What am I even supposed to admit?
He said speak for yourself.. he didn't ask you to admit anything. What the fuck is with you?? You don't seem to be able to discern what you fucking read.
What does "speak for myself" mean in regards to this? It's a stupid thing to say. I'm talking about the two political parties. It has nothing to do with me.
Ok, speak for your OWN party then. Is that easier to understand?
You're such an idiot dude. The entire premise of my thread is how both parties are fucked. Why are you having so much trouble comprehending that?

Only problem, only one party will win and it won't be a third party, the system is rigged.

Billy,

Billy,

Again. How patronizing. Do you realize that all of the issues were once upon a time what Democrats were for until the willing sell out to corporations? Adults wouldn't have sold out to begin with.

#DemExit

Where is your sell out?

They stand up to plenty of corporations, I think you are mixing them up with the GOP...

As for the Clown, we don't know who his biggest masters are German Banks or Russian Oligarchs..

What is that even mean? What am I even supposed to admit?
He said speak for yourself.. he didn't ask you to admit anything. What the fuck is with you?? You don't seem to be able to discern what you fucking read.
What does "speak for myself" mean in regards to this? It's a stupid thing to say. I'm talking about the two political parties. It has nothing to do with me.
You're such an idiot dude. The entire premise of my thread is how both parties are fucked. Why are you having so much trouble comprehending that?

Only problem, only one party will win and it won't be a third party, the system is rigged.

Freewill,

Every Time I suggest changing the voting mechanism I get the barrage of people that explain it is not in the Constitution and that the whole country will be held ransom by a small number of voters...

Freewill,

Every Time I suggest changing the voting mechanism I get the barrage of people that explain it is not in the Constitution and that the whole country will be held ransom by a small number of voters...

Of course the COTUS must be upheld I don't have an argument with doing so.

I am not sure how you wish to change the system. Perot did really well considering the forces assembled against him, and his own undoing. A third party could win and has to win to affect change.

The change I can see happen is an exodus of those who think they are not represented by either party to a third party. For example, why do blacks stay in the party that did put their people in chains? Makes absolutely no sense. One would think they would form a third party. Unions who said that they would not support anyone who supported NAFTA, folded like a 2 dollar card table. They too could join with blacks in a third party. Then they both could progress their agendas and not beg at the democrat door hoping for what is not going to come their way.

The only way the system will change is through the people. We must vote out the establishment candidates. Time for a change.

Freewill,

Of course the COTUS must be upheld I don't have an argument with doing so.

I am not sure how you wish to change the system. Perot did really well considering the forces assembled against him, and his own undoing. A third party could win and has to win to affect change.

The change I can see happen is an exodus of those who think they are not represented by either party to a third party. For example, why do blacks stay in the party that did put their people in chains? Makes

absolutely no sense. One would think they would form a third party. Unions who said that they would not support anyone who supported NAFTA, folded like a 2 dollar card table. They too could join with blacks in a third party. Then they both could progress their agendas and not beg at the democrat door hoping for what is not going to come their way.

The only way the system will change is through the people. We must vote out the establishment candidates. Time for a change.

Freewill,

There is a simpler method...

This guy has a few various voting methods... PR STV is very common around the world and is very popular too... It allows people to vote for who they want without loosing there vote...

This means you can vote for a third party candidate but still retain your vote if he turns out uncompetitive....

Voter turnout is proportional to enthusiasm. You had enthusiasm with Sanders, you have a snooze fest with Clinton-Kaine.
God you people have a shocking lack of objectivity. You couldn't be genuine about the Republican Party if your lives depended on it.

While I agree with your OP....your statement here is as ironic as it gets.

When I consider your posts in general...there are few who are more clueless than you.

Don't project your corrupt party's atmosphere on to us.. We cleaned out our house.. Took abuse from our own, the Media, and you liberals but we stayed the course and now our party is no longer owned by the Old corrupt Establishment skeletons.. If you had any fucking sense, you'd join with the true Progressives out on the streets sweating their asses off, marching for a true cause.. to flush the CRIMINALLY CORRUPT TRASH from your party.
What is with you people when it comes to even trying to be objective? Are you really going to bullshit me and say that the Republican Party is not a complete wreck right now? It doesn't take much rationale to appreciate the crises both parties are facing.
The DNC is going to go through the same things the GOP is going through right now, only a little bit later. That is because the voters are fed up with the elite power structure and the status quo (Republicans being willing to do it sooner). Trump and Bernie are basically opposite sides of the same coin, and Trump is succeeding where Bernie failed.

#DemExit

Where is your sell out?

They stand up to plenty of corporations, I think you are mixing them up with the GOP...

As for the Clown, we don't know who his biggest masters are German Banks or Russian Oligarchs..

#DemExit

Where is your sell out?

You have become neoliberal clowns and are far closer to the GOP then you admit.

Forum List

Back