I shower once a week. Here’s why you should too

Showering doesn't mean soap. You can get clean without soap but it helps in certain areas. I use little soap because I have really dry skin. An oily skin person probably couldn't do it and get clean.
But yep, I hate it when people stink. One old gal at the supermarket yesterday had a powerful sour funk going on.

But I almost hate the heavy perfume smell more. Some of that shit knocks the breath right out of me and I am used to industrial chemicals.

The daily bath or shower, then, is terrible for the environment and our bank balances. That’s one reason I have reverted to a weekly shower, with a daily sink-wash that includes my underarms and privates. But there are health consequences too. I first became aware of these when I was a touring ballet dancer and met a friend whose skin had been severely damaged by excessive use of soap products. He was condemned to treat himself with medical creams for the rest of his life

I shower once a week. Here’s why you should too | Donnachadh McCarthy
You must smell like a mangy camel.

Why stop there? Fill your bathtub, and take a bath in the same water every week for a year! Then, splurge a little by draining and refilling the tub on New Year's eve!

The daily bath or shower, then, is terrible for the environment and our bank balances. That’s one reason I have reverted to a weekly shower, with a daily sink-wash that includes my underarms and privates. But there are health consequences too. I first became aware of these when I was a touring ballet dancer and met a friend whose skin had been severely damaged by excessive use of soap products. He was condemned to treat himself with medical creams for the rest of his life

I shower once a week. Here’s why you should too | Donnachadh McCarthy
once a week, twice a week, once a month,,, who cares if you aren't working with other people in the job environment...

One guy was harmed by an allergic reaction. All of us should give up our soap.

Forum List

Back