I saw the light (2015)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Shite.
A biopic about Hank Williams. It totally failed to connect on any level. What made him a huge star ? This film made no suggestions.
The lead actor was a charisma bypass and he was allowed to butcher several songs along the way..

I enjoyed the Ray Charles film but it underlined that you need a big star to play a big star. And if you are making a music niopic put some music in it.

This wasnt it. There is still a Hank Williams film to be made.

The star of I Saw The Light is Tom Hiddleston. Frankly you don't get a bigger star than Tom Hiddleston. He's British you know.

What made Hank Williams a huge star was the poetry of his music and the level at which he connected with his audience. Hank Williams is available on You Tube as is Hiddleston singing William's songs. He did particularly well in Lovesick Blues. That was William's first big hit as it incorporated a bit of yodeling. See Hiddleston singing Lovesick Blues and compare it to Hank Williams. They are very similar.

Not much does connect with you Turdy Tainted . Was Wank a conservative and not one of your scummy pals from the left ?

It's not hard to understand why Brits would not be able to connect with country legend Hank Williams when the quasi monarchy awarded knighthood to a homosexual piano player.

The star of I Saw The Light is Tom Hiddleston. Frankly you don't get a bigger star than Tom Hiddleston. He's British you know.

What made Hank Williams a huge star was the poetry of his music and the level at which he connected with his audience. Hank Williams is available on You Tube as is Hiddleston singing William's songs. He did particularly well in Lovesick Blues. That was William's first big hit as it incorporated a bit of yodeling. See Hiddleston singing Lovesick Blues and compare it to Hank Williams. They are very similar.
It didnt come thru in the film which I rate as shite.. I could listen to Hank all day but the film did not do him justice.

Forum List

Back