I saw the doctor today

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by auditor0007, Aug 24, 2009.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    After checking me out, she said I need to get some lab tests done, which I already knew. In fact, I had the list of tests I needed before she did with a couple of extra tests I want done. All together, there are six different tests and within some of the tests, I will get results on about 20 different things.

I told her I already had a place that would do the tests and that I can purchase those tests for around $150. Her jaw dropped when I told her it would only cost me $150, and she asked me if I was certain because she said she knew the labs they use charge over $100 for just one of the tests I need.

Without a doubt, if we are going to cut costs, it is going to have to involve more competetion. How we get there I'm not certain, but I know having insurance companies making all the decisions is definitely not driving the needed competition. At the same time, for major medical insurance is a necessity for everyone, at least those the insurance companies will cover. But for the basics, we are wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on routine treatment.

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306