I remained silent

It doesn't take a total badass to get even. Any spoiled brat could do that.

It takes a man to turn the other cheek when he feels like getting even.

You have to learn to let it go someday.....yet you keep it going.

And so it goes on and on and on and on.......

You watch your family shot down in front of you with no legal recourse, and get back to us.

I don't think it's usually like that.

It's usually Hamas launches a rocket..it hits a shop and kills the owner and a few patrons....then the Israelis fly a few jets over and blow the shit out of where they fired the thing from......usually from someone's home.

You watch your family shot down in front of you with no legal recourse, and get back to us.

It's usually Hamas launches a rocket..it hits a shop and kills the owner and a few patrons....then the Israelis fly a few jets over and blow the shit out of where they fired the thing from......usually from someone's home.

Which page of Israel's BS manual did you get that?

Got it from the Drivebys. CNN, NBC, CBS, FOX NEWS, MSNBC....it's pretty obvious.

Not to mention the fact that I've seen enough of it in person to know how terrorists or insurgents, whatever you want to call them operate.

If you spend all of your time listening to al jazera or al Arabi I imagine you'd have a slightly slanted viewpoint.

Got it from the Drivebys. CNN, NBC, CBS, FOX NEWS, MSNBC....it's pretty obvious.

Not to mention the fact that I've seen enough of it in person to know how terrorists or insurgents, whatever you want to call them operate.

If you spend all of your time listening to al jazera or al Arabi I imagine you'd have a slightly slanted viewpoint.

All the US MSM get their "news" straight out of Israel. They are proven liars.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSTY408h6k[/ame]

Freedom Fighters is a more acurate term. :cool:

Freedom from what?

The oppression of other Muslim countries?

I had a Palestinian Arabic instructor fill me in on the situation. She said much of the time other Arab countries treat them worse then Israel. That didn't stop her from foaming at the mouth whenever Jews became a topic of discussion.

Freedom from what?

I had a Palestinian Arabic instructor fill me in on the situation. She said much of the time other Arab countries treat them worse then Israel. That didn't stop her from foaming at the mouth whenever Jews became a topic of discussion.

Freedom from occupation. Duh!

Freedom from what?

Problem is the moment they give them their freedom they start blowing people up again.

I think they don't understand freedom....especially in a Theocratic society such as their's is.

Freedom from what?

Problem is the moment they give them their freedom they start blowing people up again.

I think they don't understand freedom....especially in a Theocratic society such as their's is.

How can you say that when there has not been a day without occupation?

OK...whatever you say.

You and I both know that the moment they start pulling out and turning over land the nut-cases come out of the woodwork and start blowing up buses.

OK...whatever you say.

You and I both know that the moment they start pulling out and turning over land the nut-cases come out of the woodwork and start blowing up buses.

Speculation based on bias. You are standing in sand.

They did lose everything...and they shipped them off to another country...where they quickly became a serious problem and were booted out.

Now they are just vagabonds taking handouts from whomever will support them.....the United States included.

They were self sufficient until Israel stole all their stuff. Now we have two entities on welfare.

They're lucky to be alive.

They started a war and lost.

Now they suck up to the UN to get their lost land back. They supply terrorist bombers that kill women and children.

Kind of cowardly don't you think?

That is debatable and also mostly irrelevant since civilian populations are often allowed to return after a war.

According to author Benny Morris (himself an Israeli): Historians now agree on most of the events of that period, there remains disagreement as to whether the exodus was the result of a plan designed before or during the war by Zionist leaders, or was an unintended consequence of the war.

Interesting choice of words: suck up to.

The thing is....they have limited choices don't they? Either continue to exist in an intolerable condition or continue violence on Israel (also intolerable and does then no real good) or attempt a political solution via the international community. Now Israel takes full of advantage of that strategy when it suits them, but if the Palestinians do...it's "sucking up"?

Err...to echo your own words, I don't think it's usually like that.

First - and fortunately, most of the Hamas rockets don't hit anything and when they do, they seldom inflict much of in terms of casualty (that's not say it's ok - that's simply stating a fact).

Second, Israel's policy of using far more force then is needed in an attempt to end the rocket fire (a method that is not working) results in far far more Palestinian civilian casualties.

Between 2000-2008: 2187 Palestinians who did not take part in the hostilities and were killed by Israeli security forces ( not including the objects of targeted killings) were killed. Another 879 Palestinians where it was not sure if they were taking part in hostilities were killed. 490 Israeli civilians were killed in that time period. The data does not include those Palestinians who died becuase medical treatment was delayed due to restrictions on movement.

They were self sufficient until Israel stole all their stuff. Now we have two entities on welfare.

They're lucky to be alive.

They started a war and lost.

Now they suck up to the UN to get their lost land back. They supply terrorist bombers that kill women and children.

Kind of cowardly don't you think?

That is debatable and also mostly irrelevant since civilian populations are often allowed to return after a war.

According to author Benny Morris (himself an Israeli): Historians now agree on most of the events of that period, there remains disagreement as to whether the exodus was the result of a plan designed before or during the war by Zionist leaders, or was an unintended consequence of the war.

Interesting choice of words: suck up to.

The thing is....they have limited choices don't they? Either continue to exist in an intolerable condition or continue violence on Israel (also intolerable and does then no real good) or attempt a political solution via the international community. Now Israel takes full of advantage of that strategy when it suits them, but if the Palestinians do...it's "sucking up"?

"... there remains disagreement as to whether the exodus was the result of a plan designed before or during the war by Zionist leaders, or was an unintended consequence of the war."

There should not be any question about intent. There were about 300,000 Palestinian refugees (about one third were Christians) BEFORE May 15, 1948 when the 1948 war began. The stated goal of the Zionists had always been all of Palestine without the Palestinians.

Forum List

Back