I really wish we could reasonably perform an experiment

Leweman

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2010
We could divide a section of the country in half. One half of this section would govern by conservative ideals the other would govern using liberal philosophies. I wonder how each government would do. Is this possible? You would think that these days some computer simulations could be done to determine an outcome. What are some thoughts or ideas on this?

The liberals wouldn't be happy with the conservatives governing themselves and would send a representative over to the conservative side on a daily basis to tell them how they should be doing things. They would also find some way to tax the conservatives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxiMrvDbq3s]YouTube - ‪Woody Guthrie- This Land Is Your Land‬‎[/ame]

The liberals wouldn't be happy with the conservatives governing themselves and would send a representative over to the conservative side on a daily basis to tell them how they should be doing things. They would also find some way to tax the conservatives.

You'll have to find some actual Conservatives to go over there first.

We could divide a section of the country in half. One half of this section would govern by conservative ideals the other would govern using liberal philosophies. I wonder how each government would do. Is this possible? You would think that these days some computer simulations could be done to determine an outcome. What are some thoughts or ideas on this?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Where have you been? Look around and you can see exactly how things would work out for the liberal model.

Bankruptcy, destitution, poverty.

Look at Illinois and California. Look at Detroit.

Look at Haiti and the Dominican Republic.. :eusa_whistle:

Take Texas...please.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Where have you been? Look around and you can see exactly how things would work out for the liberal model.

You mean the so called Liberal California that voted for Prop 8? The one with the Republican Governor? That California?

You mean the so called Liberal California that voted for Prop 8? The one with the Republican Governor? That California?

Yep thats the one. If you know anything about just how prop 8 got passed you would understand a few things about this state. The governor is a kennedy puppet, cators to liberal special interests and has his hands tied by liberal.

Yep that califronia.

Each state is already free to govern themselves by whichever ideal the people elect.

I was thinking more along the lines of having an economic competition between the 50 states sort of like football rivalries but instead we'd somehow measure economic benchmarks and then televise the results every fiscal quarter with state cheerleaders and mascots and everything. Lol there would be federal incentives for the best preforming states and large infrastructure awards to the winning states at the end of every year!

Corporations could buy TV advertising and the US would make a mint off the half-time show!

Just a thought :lol:

Yep thats the one. If you know anything about just how prop 8 got passed you would understand a few things about this state. The governor is a kennedy puppet, cators to liberal special interests and has his hands tied by liberal.

Yep that califronia.

Prop 8 was passed, that alone would qualify California as not being a Liberal state. Arnie doesn't seem that Liberal to me either. Though people seem to not separate in this case, Democrats philosophy and Liberal philosophy. Just because one is a Liberal does not make them a Democrat. Just like because one is a Conservative does not make them a Republican.

To give you a idea of how the "Conservative" states would run:

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

The Tax Foundation has released a fascinating report showing which states benefit from federal tax and spending policies, and which states foot the bill.

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States. Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

Yep that califronia.

Prop 8 was passed, that alone would qualify California as not being a Liberal state. Arnie doesn't seem that Liberal to me either. Though people seem to not separate in this case, Democrats philosophy and Liberal philosophy. Just because one is a Liberal does not make them a Democrat. Just like because one is a Conservative does not make them a Republican.

Prop 8 was a shoe in this state, other things were happening at the same time and prop 8 took the hit for it. Get your blinders off modbert and try and figure out and understand just what happened with the "voters"

What was the one thing that made a difference in the vote?

Last edited:

Yep that califronia.

Prop 8 was a shoe in this state, other things were happening at the same time and prop 8 took the hit for it. Get your blinders off modbert and try and figure out and understand just what happened with the "voters"

What was the one thing that made a difference in the vote?

A shoe-in? 4% points a shoe-in?

To give you a idea of how the "Conservative" states would run:

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

The Tax Foundation has released a fascinating report showing which states benefit from federal tax and spending policies, and which states foot the bill.

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States. Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

Wow thats about as overgeneralized as you can get.

your calling 'conservative' thought 'ideals' and liberal thought 'philosophies' kind of gives away what you think.

how would you define 'conservative'?

see, i expect better from you.

bankruptcy? really? like under baby bush? suddeny the rightwingnuts were represented by a 'iberal'? really?

how 'bout we look at the fact that blue states pay more into the system than red states and red states take more out than blue? like that imbecile being the only leader in history to cut taxes during wartime... like starting pretend wars of choice? like focusing on the rabid religious right instead of on national growth?

which part of 'conservativism' do you like better? the part that kills the middle class or the part that wants to discriminate against 10% of the population because of their sexual orientation?

how about the fact that the greatest number of people on welfare are white single mothers and let's talk about how well not teaching safe sex worked out.

Last edited:

bankruptcy? really? like under baby bush? suddeny the rightwingnuts were represented by a 'iberal'? really?

how 'bout we look at the fact that blue states pay more into the system than red states and red states take more out than blue?

how about the fact that the greatest number of people on welfare are white single mothers and let's talk about how well not teaching safe sex worked out.

I already posted that later in the thread, but it got no responses from anyone yet. :(

how 'bout we look at the fact that blue states pay more into the system than red states and red states take more out than blue?

I already posted that later in the thread, but it got no responses from anyone yet. :(

No matter how much you pay in taxes everyone still gets one vote. So a lot fewer people are paying taxes in those "blue" states but the entire population still votes democrat. You are really over simplifying that. Anyone whos not intellectually dishonest would provide a lot more specific numbers. The only acurate way to do this would be by individual.

Last edited:
No matter how much you pay in taxes everyone still gets one vote. So a lot fewer people paying taxes in those "blue" but the entire population still votes democrat. You are really over simplifying something. Anyone whos not intellectually dishonest would provide a lot more specific numbers.

Wat. Seriously, wat. I gave you very specific numbers and a link, did you not bother to look?

If you want people to validate your beliefs, could simply say that's what you wanted in this thread.

Forum List

Back