I really wish we could reasonably perform an experiment

No matter how much you pay in taxes everyone still gets one vote. So a lot fewer people paying taxes in those "blue" but the entire population still votes democrat. You are really over simplifying something. Anyone whos not intellectually dishonest would provide a lot more specific numbers.

Wat. Seriously, wat. I gave you very specific numbers and a link, did you not bother to look?

If you want people to validate your beliefs, could simply say that's what you wanted in this thread.

Yeah I saw your link and it wasnt broken down any further than states. You dont pay taxes as a state to the federal government you pay as an individual/couple or corporation. Youd have to break it down by each individuls voting preference and then what they pay vs what they recieve to be accurate at all. Understand what Im saying?

Last edited:
Yeah I saw your link and it was broken down any further than states. You dont pay taxes as a state to the federal government you pay as an individual/couple or corporation. Youd have to break it down by each individuls voting preference and then what they pay vs what they recieve to be accurate at all. Understand what Im saying?

You clearly didn't read the link. That's how much a state receives from the Federal Government for every $1 they give.

Fail.

First thing that happens in this scenario would be a tax by the liberals on the conservatives.

Then they sneak in here to use the healthcare system, schools and take jobs.

I have seen this before.

Yeah I saw your link and it was broken down any further than states. You dont pay taxes as a state to the federal government you pay as an individual/couple or corporation. Youd have to break it down by each individuls voting preference and then what they pay vs what they recieve to be accurate at all. Understand what Im saying?

You clearly didn't read the link. That's how much a state receives from the Federal Government for every $1 they give.

Fail.

Yep SAW your link buddy. You are completely ignoring the point I mentioned. That link is too overgeneralized to be useful. I really dont see the point of the link. Maybe you just dont understand what Im saying. INDIVIDUALS ... PAY ... TAXES ... TO... THE ... FEDERAL ... GOVERNMENT! Am I wrong here people? help me out. Ive been wrong before I'll admit that so if I am help me out.

see, i expect better from you.

bankruptcy? really? like under baby bush? suddeny the rightwingnuts were represented by a 'iberal'? really?

how 'bout we look at the fact that blue states pay more into the system than red states and red states take more out than blue?

how about the fact that the greatest number of people on welfare are white single mothers and let's talk about how well not teaching safe sex worked out.

I already posted that later in the thread, but it got no responses from anyone yet. :(

that's because they're liars.... and i've yet to figure out what their 'ideals' are other than that they don't want government telling anyone what to do...

unliess it's what THEY want government to tell you to do.. even in regard to our most intimate decisions.

or perhaps their ideals are that we should live in a dickensian/randian nightmare.

Yep SAW your link buddy. You are completely ignoring the point I mentioned. That link is too overgeneralized to be useful. I really dont see the point of the link. Maybe you just dont understand what Im saying. INDIVIDUALS ... PAY ... TAXES ... TO... THE ... FEDERAL ... GOVERNMENT! Am I wrong here people? help me out. Ive been wrong before I'll admit that so if I am help me out.

Overgeneralization? Nope. These are states that a majority voted for Dubya in 2000. Many of them are your typical Republican states. These states, receive more money in federal funding than they give. You seem to not understand that. You want to break it down person to person, be my guest. However, as far as states go, Red states are the ones who feed from the trough.

It's like I said back on Page One though, you're going to have to find enough Conservatives first to do a study or do this. A majority of the so called Conservatives today are not Conservative at all.

Overgeneralization? Nope. These are states that a majority voted for Dubya in 2000. Many of them are your typical Republican states. These states, receive more money in federal funding than they give. You seem to not understand that. You want to break it down person to person, be my guest. However, as far as states go, Red states are the ones who feed from the trough.

It's like I said back on Page One though, you're going to have to find enough Conservatives first to do a study or do this. A majority of the so called Conservatives today are not Conservative at all.

Wow I really can't believe you dont understrand what Im saying. Why do you break it down to just what suits you. Why can't you break it down by county? or cities? Youre being intellectually dishonest.

Wow I really can't believe you dont understrand what Im saying. Why do you break it down to just what suits you. Why can't you break it down by county? or cities? Youre being intellectually dishonest.

Actually, I'm not being intellectually dishonest. I offered up information with links, you offered up nothing to obviously validate your own opinion that Conservatives > Liberals. What do I look like? Google?

It's not my study, how am I suppose to break it down by county or city or people? You seem to ignore the points I'm making and just settle for attacking me. Don't worry though, you're not the first nor probably last so called Conservative on here to do so. :thup:

Actually, I'm not being intellectually dishonest. I offered up information with links, you offered up nothing to obviously validate your own opinion that Conservatives > Liberals. What do I look like? Google?

It's not my study, how am I suppose to break it down by county or city or people? You seem to ignore the points I'm making and just settle for attacking me. Don't worry though, you're not the first nor probably last so called Conservative on here to do so. :thup:

why would you break it down like that? it isn't a relevant inquiry.

as for the so-called conservatives, i can count on the fingers of one hand the people on this board who are truly conservative rather than radical or reactionary.

Last edited:

So you really don't understand what I'm saying? Or you just choose to ignore it? That link is a pointless link ..... it doesnt prove any points. I can make some overgeneralized assumptions but the truth lies much deeper. Do states as a whole pay taxes to the Fed government?

why would you break it down like that. it isn't a relevant inquiry.

He's obviously just trying to invalidate the study in order to try and further validate his own beliefs. There's no real way to have a honest conversation about this with the OP in these kinds of threads usually because the OP already has a opinion that isn't going to change no matter what I post.

So you really don't understand what I'm saying? Or you just choose to ignore it? That link is a pointless link ..... it doesnt prove any points. I can make some overgeneralized assumptions but the truth lies much deeper. Do states as a whole pay taxes to the Fed government?

I understand what you're saying completely, you're trying your darnest to invalidate this study. It proves a good amount of things to people who are not partisan hacks. It's not a overgeneralized assumption either, they have numbers to back it up.

The problem here is you seem to not understand what the study actually is.

Why don't you actually tell us (which was already asked of you) what you think a Conservative actually is? Because I have a feeling that your definition of Conservative is not actually what a Conservative is.

He's obviously just trying to invalidate the study in order to try and further validate his own beliefs. There's no real way to have a honest conversation about this with the OP in these kinds of threads usually because the OP already has a opinion that isn't going to change no matter what I post.

Oh I'm sorry I dont just mindlessly take everything I read in and stop at that. I have no doubt that in 2004 that money paid in by state and recieved by state is accurately what the study say. But the study is inaccurate. States don't pay Federal taxes. See I think on a deeper level. When I see flaws in things I mention them. Some people dont like to do that I guess. Thinking on your own is overated. My bad!

Oh I'm sorry I dont just mindlessly take everything I read in and stop at that. I have no doubt that in 2004 that money paid in by state and recieved by state is accurately what the study say. But the study is inaccurate. States don't pay Federal taxes. See I think on a deeper level. When I see flaws in things I mention them. Some people dont like to do that I guess. Thinking on your own is overated. My bad!

:disbelief: Yup, you definitely didn't get the study.

thinking on 'your own' is one thing. ignoring data is ignorant.

:disbelief: Yup, you definitely didn't get the study.

Haha how am I wrong? just tell me and I'll back down. Im not here to be stubbornly right. Ive been wrong many times in my life but only when someone shows Im wrong do I finally realize. Seriously Im not tryin to fight Im very open minded but I completely disagree with the study because of the generalization it draws. It makes the study as a whole and what its trying to prove inaccurate.

Modbert,

Are you daft? The "study" is from a blog. The study is from 2004. It never defined what receiving a federal dollar means. If you include social security, that is a pretty unfair measuring stick. Since your study, Kalifornia and Michigan are HUGE tit suckers. You simply went into the web and pulled this out without a seconds thought.

The evidence is overwhelming: High tax, high regulation states aer basket cases. That goes for MI, that goes for CA, that goes for MA, and for NJ as well.
States with low taxes and low regulation have done much better.
This really isn't rocket science here although some posters will swear their fathers have tits before they'll admit it.

Modbert, Are you daft? The "study" is from a blog. The study is from 2004. It never defined what receiving a federal dollar means. If you include social security, that is a pretty unfair measuring stick. Since your study, Kalifornia and Michigan are HUGE tit suckers. You simply went into the web and pulled this out without a seconds thought.

No. The Study is from The Tax Foundation. You think this is the first time we've had this discussion on USMB here before?

Before you go rush to find something to invalidate The Tax Foundation, here you go.

Tax Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tax Foundation states that its research is guided by the "principles of sound tax policy".[1] Tax Foundation research is generally critical of tax increases,[2][3][4][5] high business taxes,[6] so-called "sin" taxes,[7] tax preferences for the housing industry,[8] and use of the tax code for "picking winners and losers".[9][10]

The fact you think the blog itself was behind the study is evidence enough that not only did not bother to read the link itself but rushed to attack me.

Forum List

Back