I really hate that I have to resign from a job I only been on for 4 weeks

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
The background check for the state job was successful and I was offered the job over the phone by HR. So I am now just waiting on the offer letter in the mail. I start 8/19 so that will allow me to be home a week before I start to relax and have some fun before I start. But putting in a resignation for a job I started on 7/1 is going to be so weird. Maybe I should have not come back after I received the conditional offer on 7/5 and that way they would not have set me up with everything like email, id, and direct deposit.

But now that I think about it, fuck them. They was offering pennies and had expensive healthcare and wanted you to report side employment. Not only that, I had to pay $75 for a physical before I started and $22 for a background check. I am spending money and didnt even get paid yet and I and suppose to care what they think???? BYE~~~~

The background check for the state job was successful and I was offered the job over the phone by HR. So I am now just waiting on the offer letter in the mail. I start 8/19 so that will allow me to be home a week before I start to relax and have some fun before I start. But putting in a resignation for a job I started on 7/1 is going to be so weird. Maybe I should have not come back after I received the conditional offer on 7/5 and that way they would not have set me up with everything like email, id, and direct deposit.

But now that I think about it, fuck them. They was offering pennies and had expensive healthcare and wanted you to report side employment. Not only that, I had to pay $75 for a physical before I started and $22 for a background check. I am spending money and didnt even get paid yet and I and suppose to care what they think???? BYE~~~~

FBJ,

You make it impossible for me not to troll you at times...

But

With that said you should stay with your new job for a year before flipping them the bird...

FBJ,

You make it impossible for me not to troll you at times...

But

With that said you should stay with your new job for a year before flipping them the bird...

That is normally the case but something was already in the works before I started. I wonder if they will throw me out once I resign? I am going to tell them on Friday because I need that 8/2 check before I slid out LOL

Whenever I'm asked to pay for an investigation of myself, I walk. I tell them, you know what? I can tell this isn't going to work. Then I walk out. It's a good feeling. In the parking lot, I find the owner's car and key it, which feels even better.

Whenever I'm asked to pay for an investigation of myself, I walk. I tell them, you know what? I can tell this isn't going to work. Then I walk out. It's a good feeling. In the parking lot, I find the owner's car and key it, which feels even better.

They had me by the balls at the time because it wasn't any other options and then the state job came out nowhere.

Going from one minimum wage job to another. Nobody cares if you quit.

You can always give the current boss the opportunity to match the offer.

I had to pay $75 for a physical before I started and $22 for a background check.

Perhaps you could have negotiated that they would reimburse you for those expenses IF you passed them.

Why do gen xers think they invented civilization? It's nothing new. People accept better offers in a roaring economy even though they were accepted for another job. Just do it.

Why do gen xers think they invented civilization? It's nothing new. People accept better offers in a roaring economy even though they were accepted for another job. Just do it.

It's just a new situation I never been in before,

It's a strong labor market. That happens when you implement America first policies.

It's a strong labor market. That happens when you implement America first policies.

I wonder if they throw me out when they tell them? lol

…background check for the state job was successful and I was offered the job over the phone by HR.

It's a girls-at-the-coffee-shop background check. Nasty bitches.

set me up with everything like email, id, and direct deposit.

Full-fledged identity theft set-up.

It looks like there's a further “background check” once they get hold of your bank accounts and financial information.

I would tend to agree if they were actually offering money for work rather than charging money and talking up a cold-case warrant to frame the job applicant for arrest and extradition.

Work for the state? I don’t really know. You can’t exactly join the blue-collar labor union or do white-collar work in the private sector when you have an FBI file.

Who knows? The state probably arranged the first job offer and springboarded off that background check before offering employment directly.

…background check for the state job was successful and I was offered the job over the phone by HR.

It's a girls-at-the-coffee-shop background check. Nasty bitches.

set me up with everything like email, id, and direct deposit.

Full-fledged identity theft set-up.

It looks like there's a further “background check” once they get hold of your bank accounts and financial information.

I would tend to agree if they were actually offering money for work rather than charging money and talking up a cold-case warrant to frame the job applicant for arrest and extradition.

Work for the state? I don’t really know. You can’t exactly join the blue-collar labor union or do white-collar work in the private sector when you have an FBI file.

Who knows? The state probably arranged the first job offer and springboarded off that background check before offering employment directly.

So since I was already emailed a conditional offer with starting salary, was the phone call with the HR lady offering me the job and telling me the start date, location and time good enough to resign? Plus she said I will receive a email 2 weeks before the start date which is a link that is part of new employee orientation

I quit a job two weeks after I started it for a better job. It was no secret that I was looking for a big boy job and was only doing the other one because I was bored senseless waiting (plus, people are more willing to hire people who have jobs than ones who don't for whatever reason).

I quit a job two weeks after I started it for a better job. It was no secret that I was looking for a big boy job and was only doing the other one because I was bored senseless waiting (plus, people are more willing to hire people who have jobs than ones who don't for whatever reason).

Well in my case I wasn't looking for shit lol I had already interviewed for the state job a week before this job and they offered me the job the 5th day of the current job.

Forum List

Back