I.R.S. says it will reject tax returns that lack health insurance disclosure

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
I.R.S. Says It Will Reject Tax Returns that Lack Health Insurance Disclosure
Despite President Trump’s pronouncements, not only is Obamacare not dead, there are signs that his administration is keeping it alive.

In the latest signal that the Affordable Care Act is still law, the Internal Revenue Service said this week that it is taking steps to enforce the most controversial provision: the tax penalty people face if they refuse to obtain health insurance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awwwwww spreading the Obama love even long after the ass hole is gone.

The IRS was specifically ordered by the president not to enforce that provision.

It's either fake news, or someone at the IRS will be unemployed soon.

The IRS is obliged to follow the law, which says you have to do this.

The Trump administration can elect to do enforcement.

It does look like there is going to be a fight behind the scenes, but the Trump administration will give in. Trump does seem to go with law vs presidential decrees

• Banned
The IRS was specifically ordered by the president not to enforce that provision.

It's either fake news, or someone at the IRS will be unemployed soon.

I DOUBT it's FAKE

upload_2017-10-20_21-7-48.png

ACA Information Center for Tax Professionals | Internal Revenue Service

‎Taxpayers remain obligated to follow the law and pay what they may owe at the point of filing‎. The 2018 filing season will be the first time the IRS will not accept tax returns that omit this information. After a review of our process and discussions with the National Taxpayer Advocate, the IRS has determined identifying omissions and requiring taxpayers to provide health coverage information at the point of filing makes it easier for the taxpayer to successfully file a tax return and minimizes related refund delays.

Forum List

Back