I picked up my new iPhone 7 today

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
i had a problem with my Samsung s6 edge plus so I traded it for the new iPhone. I haven't purchased an iPhone in a long time. Anyway, it seems like a pretty cool phone, but it doesn't have the ability to use multiple apps on the same screen like the Samsung, and you can't download music after converting YouTube music to mp3s like you can do on the droid phones. I really hate that apple makes you buy music through iTunes. I would say the camera is about even to my old Samsung as well.

You sound like a victim of marketing. You said it was a cool phone but you pointed out at least 3 things you are dissatisfied with. What are the cool things so we can get a better picture.

In regards to not being able to transfer reformatted YouTube videos onto you phone, it is possible though you must do it by connecting your phone to your computer.

In regards to not being able to transfer reformatted YouTube videos onto you phone, it is possible though you must do it by connecting your phone to your computer.
He is talking about ripping audio from youtube videos. Sounds like the Iphone wont let you put any music on it unless its purchased through the apple store.

He is talking about ripping audio from youtube videos. Sounds like the Iphone wont let you put any music on it unless its purchased through the apple store.
Are you sure? Most of the "music" on my phone is from YouTube videos which I converted to an MP3 format and then moved onto my phone. Perhaps they've changed that. That would be a shame.

You sound like a victim of marketing. You said it was a cool phone but you pointed out at least 3 things you are dissatisfied with. What are the cool things so we can get a better picture.

The best phone I had was the Samsung I had, but it had 2 major problems. One in every three or four calls I made I couldn't hear the person on the other end or he/she couldn't hear me. I tried everything to remedy the problem. I did a factor reset, changed my SIM card, turned off high definition calling and I still had the problem. The other problem I had was my NFL Sunday ticket app wasn't working. I tried calling Samsung, the google play store and the maker of the app. No one could get it to work.

The reviews for the iPhone 7 were good, so I traded my Samsung phone in and with the deal they gave me my monthly payments on it are virtually the same. I can tell you one cool thing is the typing is seamless, and the suggestions for typing is slightly better than on the Samsung. Also seeding pictures by text is slightly more streamlined/easier.

Are you sure? Most of the "music" on my phone is from YouTube videos which I converted to an MP3 format and then moved onto my phone. Perhaps they've changed that. That would be a shame.

I tried downloading apps that I thought could do it to no avail.

In regards to not being able to transfer reformatted she YouTube videos onto you phone, it is possible though you must do it by connecting your phone to your computer.

Which iPhone do you have?

To do what exactly? And did you try moving the MP3s to your iPhone while it was plugged into a computer?

Another good thing about the phone I got is it has 128 gigs of memory. My Samsung had 64.

To do what exactly? And did you try moving the MP3s to your iPhone while it was plugged into a computer?

I converted YouTube songs to mp3s and then tried to download them on my phone. They wouldn't would download on any app. I don't have any mp3s on my computer. What app are you downloading your mp3s on your phone? iTunes?

i had a problem with my Samsung s6 edge plus so I traded it for the new iPhone. I haven't purchased an iPhone in a long time. Anyway, it seems like a pretty cool phone, but it doesn't have the ability to use multiple apps on the same screen like the Samsung, and you can't download music after converting YouTube music to mp3s like you can do on the droid phones. I really hate that apple makes you buy music through iTunes. I would say the camera is about even to my old Samsung as well.
PHAG...:badgrin:

i dont know much about IPhones. I have a Samsung but I have heard they restrict their phones and i am more of an open source guy. Sounds like you have an app that words for Iphones though.

I converted YouTube songs to mp3s and then tried to download them on my phone. They wouldn't would download on any app. I don't have any mp3s on my computer. What app are you downloading your mp3s on your phone? iTunes?
Let me walk you through this.
1. Convert the YouTube video to an MP3 (no special program required, there are websites that can do this.)
2. Download the MP3 file onto your computer.
3. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
4. The iTunes program on your computer should automatically boot up and synch your phone to your computer.
5. From there you want to look for a drop down menu in the top left of the iTunes tab that says something like "add files to library" and click on it
6. Find the directrory in which you stored the MP3, then click on the MP3 and press whatever prompt allows you to continue.
7. On the right of the iTunes window/tab you should see your iPhone is connected. Simply drag the newly uploaded MP3 file from wherever it appeared in the iTunes library to your iPhone.
8. Click on your iPhone and seek out the option to synchronize, click that, and you should be done.

i dont know much about IPhones. I have a Samsung but I have heard they restrict their phones and i am more of an open source guy. Sounds like you have an app that words for Iphones though.

Sounds like she has an app that circumvents the iOS on iphones

Let me walk you through this.
1. Convert the YouTube video to an MP3 (no special program required, there are websites that can do this.)
2. Download the MP3 file onto your computer.
3. Plug your iPhone into your computer.
4. The iTunes program on your computer should automatically boot up and synch your phone to your computer.
5. From there you want to look for a drop down menu in the top left of the iTunes tab that says something like "add files to library" and click on it
6. Find the directrory in which you stored the MP3, then click on the MP3 and press whatever prompt allows you to continue.
7. On the right of the iTunes window/tab you should see your iPhone is connected. Simply drag the newly uploaded MP3 file from wherever it appeared in the iTunes library to your iPhone.
8. Click on your iPhone and seek out the option to synchronize, click that, and you should be done.

Thank you! Much appreciated! Will try.

Oh and battery life is much better on this phone, as is the charging.

Forum List

Back