I often wonder why Adelson and Singer back Rep, since they both have liberal ideolog

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
ies, I mean open boarders and SSM issue which Singer paid lots of money to make sure SSM passed, I read he paid NY senators 250,000 if they would vote for SSM, so you see I wondered why they are Rep. The only thing I can come up with , is they are trying to convert Republicans with their money. When you take over a country , you work both sides.

But Mr. Singer provides something that some other coveted Republican donors do not. Unlike Sheldon Adelson, a fellow Republican billionaire and Israel supporter, Mr. Singer is an assiduous and effective “bundler” for candidates: In the 2012 campaign, he raised more than $3 million to try to help elect Mitt Romney, the eventual Republican nominee. Many other donors, particular in the New York financial world, turn to Mr. Singer’s political advisers for strategic guidance on their own donations.

And Mr. Rubio, who struggled to raise campaign cash over the summer and has relied heavily on outside groups to pay for advertisements promoting him, needs their help.

Both Mr. Rubio and Mr. Bush eagerly sought Mr. Singer’s backing, as did Mr. Christie, and all three have ties to the wealthy hedge fund manager.

Mr. Rubio has aggressively embraced the cause of wealthy pro-Israel donors like Mr. Adelson, whom the senator is said to call frequently, and Mr. Singer, who both serve on the board of the Republican Jewish Coalition, an umbrella group for Republican Jewish donors and officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/31/u...ows-support-to-marco-rubio-for-president.html

Forum List

Back