I now live in a RED STATE

Well not quite yet. They haven't been sworn in yet. That's still a couple months away. Gotta get through the Lame Duck now.

And just watch the damage that the petulants on their way out will try to do.

While not Congress, the administration wasted no time today:

Fed to buy $600 billion in bonds to aid economy - Yahoo! Finance

Fed to buy $600 billion in bonds to aid economy
Fed takes bold step to try to aid economy by launching plan to buy $600 billion in gov't bonds

Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer, On Wednesday November 3, 2010, 5:10 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve announced a bold plan Wednesday to try to invigorate the economy by buying $600 billion more in Treasury bonds. The Fed said it would buy about $75 billion a month in long-term government bonds through the middle of 2011 to further drive down interest rates on mortgages and other debt.

This is in addition to an expected $250 billion to $300 billion in Fed purchases over the same period from reinvesting proceeds from its mortgage portfolio.

The idea is for cheaper loans to get people to spend more and stimulate hiring. The Fed said it will monitor whether adjustments are needed depending on how the economy is performing.

Some worry the Fed action will do little to boost the economy because interest rates are already historically low. Others fear the bond purchases could drive inflation too high over the long term and unleash speculative buying in assets like stocks....

Who would have ever thought Illinois would turn into a Red State? Looks like that change Obama was talking about has finally gotten here!

...at least in regards to the State Government.

Just FYI...I haven't noticed any difference.

Red states are welfare states.

Texas, Alaska, etc.. get much more federal money than they pay in taxes.

The Blue states are giving the Red states money.
The Blue States are giving a Red State money alright.

thumbnail.aspx

China.

Texas receives less than they pay. :thup:

You might want to try another example for your boogeyman.

Well not quite yet. They haven't been sworn in yet. That's still a couple months away. Gotta get through the Lame Duck now.

That sounds like you actually expect something to change in January and make it all better like Mamma kissin' a boo-boo. Good luck with that.

And just watch the damage that the petulants on their way out will try to do.

While not Congress, the administration wasted no time today:

Fed to buy $600 billion in bonds to aid economy - Yahoo! Finance

Fed to buy $600 billion in bonds to aid economy
Fed takes bold step to try to aid economy by launching plan to buy $600 billion in gov't bonds

Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer, On Wednesday November 3, 2010, 5:10 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve announced a bold plan Wednesday to try to invigorate the economy by buying $600 billion more in Treasury bonds. The Fed said it would buy about $75 billion a month in long-term government bonds through the middle of 2011 to further drive down interest rates on mortgages and other debt.

This is in addition to an expected $250 billion to $300 billion in Fed purchases over the same period from reinvesting proceeds from its mortgage portfolio.

The idea is for cheaper loans to get people to spend more and stimulate hiring. The Fed said it will monitor whether adjustments are needed depending on how the economy is performing.

Some worry the Fed action will do little to boost the economy because interest rates are already historically low. Others fear the bond purchases could drive inflation too high over the long term and unleash speculative buying in assets like stocks....

This is exactly the kind of things I'm speaking of. And of course Cap 'N Tax, Immigration are another couple. Now...the Senate will have a few that will be in play in 2012...I do belive that they don't wanna go down the path to their destruction after what happened last night.

That sounds like you actually expect something to change in January and make it all better like Mamma kissin' a boo-boo. Good luck with that.

Not off the bat. Too much to guard against. The Republicans are on probation. Yeah I know it's easy to be a cynic.

*Congratulations* (And patience...it ain't gonna be overnight).

:disbelief: I'm havin' a hard time keeping up! Throughout my youth in the 70's my father incessantly bitched about the "reds" taking over everything and ruining the American way..... :smoke: now we're happy they're taking over?!? :confused:

Last edited:

thumbnail.aspx

China.

Sorry, it was George Bush who gave China all that money.

He doubled the National Debt just like Reagan.

thumbnail.aspx

China.

Sorry, it was George Bush who gave China all that money.

He doubled the National Debt just like Reagan.

And Obama and the Statists tripled it. What's yer point?

*Congratulations* (And patience...it ain't gonna be overnight).

:disbelief: I'm havin' a hard time keeping up! Throughout my youth in the 70's my father incessantly bitched about the "reds" taking over everything and ruining the American way..... :smoke: now we're happy they're taking over?!? :confused:

*AMERICAN* RED... as in Conservative.

Forum List

Back