“I love your shoes!” are microagressions. "golf outings" and the words “boyfriend” also.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Theowl32, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Theowl32

Theowl32 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,630
    The UNC Chapel Hill guide, published on Thursday, covers a wide range of menacing microaggressions — which are everyday words that radical leftists have decided to be angry or frustrated about.

Christmas vacations are a microagression, the public university pontificates, because “academic calendars and encouraged vacations” which “are organized around major religious observances” centralize “the Christian faith” and diminish “non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”

[​IMG]

Read more: UNC Chapel Hill: CHRISTMAS VACATION Is A 'Microagression' Now

Yeap, according to this woman up there, telling someone on campus that you are going on a golf outing on your Christmas vacation with your girlfriend are microagressions are in fact racist.

Yup.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,379
    The thing to remember about corporate jobs is that there are tons of co-workers especially females who are looking for a reason to run to H/R with a complaint and then file a claim against the company.

The best thing is not to talk to anybody at work any more than you have to, and keep it on topic, such as about bits and bytes, or debits and credits.

Your personal life and your vacations are nobody's business.

Don't make friends at work. The environment is too toxic for friendship.

3. ScienceRocks

ScienceRocks Democrat all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,077
    These people are really fucking stupid. No wonder our educational system sucks so badly in this country as our professors do such retarded shit. These people should be fired.

4. The Great Goose

The Great Goose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,879
    I just call them 'backhanded compliments". I'm old fashioned.

I get this a bit, "I wish I looked like that!"

translation : "You're a tranny. Good looking but a tranny."

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,919
    The propensity of most on the right to whine about non-issues is remarkable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Theowl32

Theowl32 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,630
    [​IMG]

You truly are a moron.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. 320 Years of History

320 Years of History Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    Well, I'd like to read the source article that the Daily Caller (DC -- the blog you linked) refers to, but I cannot. Upon clicking on their link, I received the message noted below.

Not Found

Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist. It looks like this was the result of either:
    • a mistyped address
    • n out-of-date link.

upload_2016-6-29_3-44-32.png

(This is DC's full link--http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146718647596816&key=e7609c039c08d3ae00aebd97e6f0bffd&libId=iq0jwtbg010110e3000DL47z6crjy&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2016%2F06%2F25%2Funiversity-of-north-carolina-christmas-vacation-is-a-microagression-now%2F%23ixzz4CwoZn5fM&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Femployeeforum.unc.edu%2Fcareer-corner-understanding-microaggressions%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fthreads%2Fi-love-your-shoes-are-microagressions-golf-outings-and-the-words-boyfriend-also.506441%2F&title=UNC%20Chapel%20Hill%3A%20CHRISTMAS%20VACATION%20Is%20Microagression%20Now%20%7C%20The%20Daily%20Caller&txt=entitled%20%E2%80%9CCareer%20corner%3A%20Understanding%20microaggressions%E2%80%9D)​

I can't say much about the photo you pasted into your post other than that its source is noted as this: http://ccli.unc.edu/files/2013/07/DSC00771.jpg. I see what appears to be a July 2013 date in the hyperlink, and the publication date on the DC post is 26-June-2016. You don't even cite the woman's name. Neither does the DC post, which, moreover, does not contain the photo you included in your OP.

I see multiple returns from a Google search for "career corner understanding microaggressions," which is purportedly, according to the DC, the document in which UNC:
    • "instructs students that Christmas vacations and telling a woman “I love your shoes!” are “microagressions.”
    • "identifies golf outings and the words “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” as microagressions"
    The curious confluence of observations above lead me to ask:
    • Is it just a matter of coincidence that the story no longer exists on UNC Chapel Hill's website, assuming it even did just a couple hours ago when you created this thread?
    • In light of the newness of the DC post, I have to wonder just where the DC writer got their story.
    • Is there even an actual source for the post's remarks? Is there even such a guide as the one the DC cites?
    • Is the woman whom you've pictured even an academician, researcher, or administrator at UNC rather than merely a factotum in the school's employ?

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,525
    Not surprisingly, there's nothing at the Daily Caller's link.

Rock on.

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,876
    I apologize to all those who were offended when I opened my gifts on Christmas morning.

I didn't realize how insensitive I was being.

I won't let that happen again.

10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,525
    It's SOP at the Daily Caller. It's one of the most fucked up rightwing propaganda sites out there.