I keep hearing about the Great Economy

The OP linked Yahoo....first mistake
Hannity isn't on yet, so I can't post his glorious pronouncements. Or are you saying that Yahoo News is faking and that WalMart IS hiring seasonal help? Or that Big Box closings are 'fake' news?

Yahoo is left loon BS. Nothing more and possibly much less

Your thread is stupid, online is killing retailers....dumbass
So Amazon and Ebay are going to pick up the slack? I am not commenting on the changing norm of American consumerism, I am commenting on the employment situation that tells me the economy is not as great as advertised. Look around, sassy.

Here is your problem Bullwinkle, you're an economic illiterate and I recognize that
Gee, thanks. I'm so grateful for your tolerance!
Poor liberal has no idea what tolerance is. Telling you the truth is not being intolerant, but telling you something other than the truth is lying, something libstains are well versed at.

The joy spread by liberals is amazing isn't it. No one of them know what they are talking about but they keep talking. Must not be realizing that online stores a hurting a lot of physical stores. Nothing to do with the economy, trolls.

Hannity isn't on yet, so I can't post his glorious pronouncements. Or are you saying that Yahoo News is faking and that WalMart IS hiring seasonal help? Or that Big Box closings are 'fake' news?

So Amazon and Ebay are going to pick up the slack? I am not commenting on the changing norm of American consumerism, I am commenting on the employment situation that tells me the economy is not as great as advertised. Look around, sassy.
I rarely go to a physical store except to buy food or items that are not available online. But don't let that stop your fantasy.

The joy spread by liberals is amazing isn't it. No one of them know what they are talking about but they keep talking. Must not be realizing that online stores a hurting a lot of physical stores. Nothing to do with the economy, trolls.

I rarely go to a physical store except to buy food or items that are not available online. But don't let that stop your fantasy.

You don't even have to go into the store to grocery shop. Order online, pull up curbside and load up

You don't even have to go into the store to grocery shop. Order online, pull up curbside and load up
I know but I like to get out once in a while and see all the funny people at walmart, many of whom would be killed if it were legal. Like the two old bats that block the aisle so they can chit chat. Or the the goomer that tries to return 30 odd different things and has no receipt. Or the door nazi who demands to see my receipt and look at what I bought. Or the 37th consecutive employee who asks me "did you find everything alright?" Or the deeply caring employee who keeps passing me in the store and each time asks me "how are you today?". Or the guy who stops his cart right where I need to be and just stands there looking. When I go in the store, I know what I want. What is so hard about picking the butter you want when there are only about ten kinds and you always get the SAME KIND!!!!!????

And the final blow.... PAPER OR PLASTIC?

while reading about Big Box stores going under. Just like 2007-8 where corporations were laying off by the thousands and the GWB admin, led by Kudlow, kept telling us the economy is strong. In my neighborhood, For Sale signs popped up like mushrooms after a rain.

Here's another mixed sign. Our economy is filled with part-timers, lots of work but nobody is getting ahead.

America’s Biggest Employer Isn’t Hiring Seasonal Employees This Year. Here’s the Reason Why

The big box stores closing has more to do with today computer technology than a decline in the economy.

More consumers ( the younger generation ) shop online and have stuff deliver than shop at Target or Wal-Fart... I mean Mart.

Notice more grocery chains are going to pick up service where you do your shopping online.

I still shop the old fashion way but future generations will be more online and less store shopping.

Just the reality of today world.

I know but I like to get out once in a while and see all the funny people at walmart, many of whom would be killed if it were legal. Like the two old bats that block the aisle so they can chit chat. Or the the goomer that tries to return 30 odd different things and has no receipt. Or the door nazi who demands to see my receipt and look at what I bought. Or the 37th consecutive employee who asks me "did you find everything alright?" Or the deeply caring employee who keeps passing me in the store and each time asks me "how are you today?". Or the guy who stops his cart right where I need to be and just stands there looking. When I go in the store, I know what I want. What is so hard about picking the butter you want when there are only about ten kinds and you always get the SAME KIND!!!!!????

I swear we are too much alike!

from the article...…..

The idea, Walmart says, is to fulfill the wishes of many of its employees. More hours mean more pay, and more pay means more financial security. “Many associates are interested in working extra hours during the holidays,” a Walmart representative told MONEY in a statement.

and I'd have to agree with this as an ex-Walmart employee. It sucks to be kept at less than 20 hours a week while they hire a bunch of holiday temps to fill in. Not only does it keep the hours/pay down for existing employees, that many need & rely on, it also cuts into possible bonuses for that quarter.

Now that shit is just scary....

You are no fun!

I like asking the clerks where something is at and watch them look puzzled.

I have to say HEB is one Texas chain that I actually see the employee knowing where something is at!

It keep me up at night while wondering if I should just do online shopping.

The good part about online and pickup service is it does shift the cashier to shopper helper, so that is a positive in my eyes.

The good part about online and pickup service is it does shift the cashier to shopper helper, so that is a positive in my eyes.

I was referring to you & Mikey being too much alike...…..

Even better part about on-line shopping is they don't ask me bs questions at check out. Like, Do you have a rewards card? Are you playing the monopoly game? Would you like to? Will you be using our shoping APP today? How did you find everything today? And I don't have to worry about paper or plastic, as can only pay with plastic!

We will we will mock you! 'Cause we are the champions...of the weird!

The economy is strong, unemployment at record low levels, The Obama era Bull market is still increasing, GDP has been steady

But after eight years, wages have not rebounded to what you expect in a strong economy. Personal wealth of the working class has not kept pace and personal and public debt is still high

We will we will mock you! 'Cause we are the champions...of the weird!

:gay:

LOL.....I hate those people who park their cart right where you need to go and then just stand there

Economies are not static; they are dynamic.
Technology has the potential to change economic activity, and commerce.
I thought the 'right' was all for competition; changing your tune now?
My tune has never changed liar. Post some more double speak gibberish.

I understand your cerebral abilities are lacking.
What you see as "gibberish" actually means something to those with a brain.
Anybody with a brain can see the economy is booming. Sorry you are missing yours.

while reading about Big Box stores going under. Just like 2007-8 where corporations were laying off by the thousands and the GWB admin, led by Kudlow, kept telling us the economy is strong. In my neighborhood, For Sale signs popped up like mushrooms after a rain.

Here's another mixed sign. Our economy is filled with part-timers, lots of work but nobody is getting ahead.

America’s Biggest Employer Isn’t Hiring Seasonal Employees This Year. Here’s the Reason Why

Thanks to Obama and the 30 hour work week

Youngsters do not recall big box stores like Whitefront, Big Apple and others they went the bankruptcy way years ago. They seem to think its all a new thing.

Forum List

Back