I Just Noticed A Major Annie 1999 Plot Hole

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
As much as I love this adaptation (I don't even have any issues with the fact that Grace is half black because I don't think that she was written a certain way.) how can Mr. Warbucks and Grace get engaged in the end? This movie takes place in 1933 and segeration was FAR from over. And cue the comments about me being a racist bigot for simply bringing this up in 3,...2,..1.

I Just Noticed A Major Annie 1999 Plot Hole​

I just LOVE 💘 a good plot hole!

1dk5v2.jpg

As much as I love this adaptation (I don't even have any issues with the fact that Grace is half black because I don't think that she was written a certain way.) how can Mr. Warbucks and Grace get engaged in the end? This movie takes place in 1933 and segeration was FAR from over. And cue the comments about me being a racist bigot for simply bringing this up in 3,...2,..1.
It definitely never would have happened in 1933, but since Annie isn’t really historical fiction it doesn’t matter. Same with Disney movies having black princesses set in fictional European style kingdoms. It’s all harmless fun movies. Doesn’t need to be historically accurate.

What does bug me is the double standard. If Disney released a movie set in a fictional Africa style kingdom and it had *white* princesses, people would lose their shit.

And, as a comic book nerd, it bugs me when established white superheroes are suddenly made black or Arab or whatever. I’ve got nothing against non-white superheroes. I think there *should* be more. But come up with new ones. Like, if Storm were suddenly “reimagined” as a white woman people would flip out. As they should. But it should go both ways.

Ok, rant over.

Forum List

Back