I have the solution to rising sea levels.

Sea levels were around 2 meters higher earlier in the Holocene, maybe it isn't that bad after all since we are still here and thriving.

And were there billions of humans living on the coastlines then?

No?

It's not that the earth is threatened. It's that _humans_ are threatened. They've got to go somewhere. Can we send some of those coastline refugees to live with you?

Sea levels were around 2 meters higher earlier in the Holocene, maybe it isn't that bad after all since we are still here and thriving.

No?

It's not that the earth is threatened. It's that _humans_ are threatened. They've got to go somewhere. Can we send some of those coastline refugees to live with you?

You said this on the previous page:

"You can build tidal defenses, like with the Thames Estuary. That ran about $2 billion. And by about 2070, it will be overwhelmed, and a new bigger barrier will need to be built. No problem, that only has to be done for every river and stream on earth.

Hmmm. Maybe better to not raise oceans levels, ya think? "

Maybe it would be better for YOU to stop being a moron since as I pointed out that Sea level was generally around 2 METERS higher a couple thousand years ago, to which humans managed to handle, by adjusting to the changes over time. While in todays world, YOU think it is mean of the planet to cover our coastal cities because you and other brain dead warmists seems to think a slow sea level rise is an abomination to you when it is just part of a natural change.

The reality is that the planet and its changing climate doesn't give a dam about human cities at all, it does what it does no matter where we are, as it has for longer than we have existed, so stop being a caterwauling idiot and learn to adapt.

hol_high_stand.png

Arabian Gulf sea level reconstruction. Note the insignificance of modern sea level rise.

Maybe it would be better for YOU to stop being a moron since as I pointed out that Sea level was generally around 2 METERS higher a couple thousand years ago, to which humans managed to handle, by adjusting to the changes over time.

Those early humans adjusted by _walking away_. They might have had to rebuild a hut on higher ground.

Do you think our giant cities of billions can just walk away now? Especially given that the _rate_ of change is so much faster?

So, the global scientific community is a bunch of liars engaged in a vast conspiracy.

How has this thread not been moved to the conspiracy section?

How have any threads claiming man made global warming not been moved to the conspiracy section. I started a whole thread stating plainly that there was no actual evidence supporting the AGW hypothesis....and there was:

1. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

2. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

3. There was not a single peer reviewed, published paper in which the hypothetical warming caused by the activities of man were empirically measured, quantified, and ascribed to so called greenhouse gasses.

And you know what? My claim stands...no one has been able to deliver even a single piece of the data requested above..not a single piece. Maybe you can help them out...or not..

When the rubber meets the road, you guys are all just alike....spewing your religion without the first piece of actual empirical data to support your beliefs.
Mods, please move to conspiracy section. Thanks.

Note that it wasn't moved...also note that you can't produce a single piece of data that challenges any of the 3 statements above.

Just to be clear, I'm going to run with the conclusion the bed wetters are parroting correct information and complete data so we can pretend that algore's (lol) predictions are just off a few years and the water's comin' baby.

What we need to do is find a way to get the water out of the ocean. We can't just jettison it into space, and I'd be willing to guess that with all the ice floating around in space as much falls on us as we could expect to jettison off. So what we need is more strip mines. We need to take mountain cones, and turn them into water cones. There are mountains full of resources all over the planet and we can use the excess material that has no real value as fill along the coasts to keep the oceans at bay.

Besides, imagine the commercial value of a housing community build on the steps of this valley about half full or more? With a desalination plant piping water into it, it could be a pretty awesome place.

black-thunder-ECOFLIGH465x3.jpg

Lets get strippin' !!!

In Saudi Arabia, they are using Desalination plants to bring in salt water, take the salt out then pipe fresh water inland to irrigate crops that were once desert areas. We could do the same thing, but also use ionization to separate hydrogen from oxygen, thus providing hydrogen fuel cells, then not only do we have fresh water from the sea coming in, but when the hydrogen burns it creates water vapor thus making more clouds to keep our country well irrigated. We seem to have a water shortage near liberal cities and states like Californication. There the water would be plentiful and no more Governor Brown induced wildfires...

This IS the best engineering use for Solar and Wind power. Not even on the grid. Dedicated to desalinizing water and producing hydrogen.. That's an elegant design that doesn't care about when sun shines or the wind blows, because the PRODUCTS are easily storable.

Yeah...if you don't mind chopping up 75% of the raptors, bats, and migratory birds that live in the area and apparently doing physical harm to the rest due to the sonic effects of turbine blades.

No?

I don't see any slowdown of development on coastlines...even the ones that are sinking. You think nature recognizes some inherent right to live on the coast?

Maybe it would be better for YOU to stop being a moron since as I pointed out that Sea level was generally around 2 METERS higher a couple thousand years ago, to which humans managed to handle, by adjusting to the changes over time.

Those early humans adjusted by _walking away_. They might have had to rebuild a hut on higher ground.

Do you think our giant cities of billions can just walk away now? Especially given that the _rate_ of change is so much faster?

So you think we are less adaptable today than we were a couple of thousand years ago? Is that what you are saying hairball?

Again....nobody cares about this except those people who lack any real responsibilities in life. Which is why every ballot measure on climate change failed in last weeks elections. Worrying about st00pid shit is ghey.....should I post up the Miami under water meme?:2up::cul2::cul2:

So you think we are less adaptable today than we were a couple of thousand years ago? Is that what you are saying hairball?

Pisschugger, what's harder? Hunter-gatherers walking away from the shore, or moving entire modern cities?

A second-grader could figure that out, but you can't. You're a profoundly stupid human being who has no business annoying the grownups with his childish babbling.

I don't see any slowdown of development on coastlines...even the ones that are sinking.

And the fact that people are greedy and short-sighted proves what, dumbass?

You think nature recognizes some inherent right to live on the coast?

I think you're sliding well into senile dementia. You do realize "nature" isn't sentient, right? Or are you one of those Mother-Gaia freaks?

It proves that government isn't really interest in AGW because government knows it's a hoax..it is a means of spending money and acquiring political power...Dumping sites are an actual issue...and note that government has taken decisive action regarding where and how nuclear waste is to be dumped...

I think you're sliding well into senile dementia. You do realize "nature" isn't sentient, right? Or are you one of those Mother-Gaia freaks?

Actually, that would be you hairball...you are the one who believes that energy can be multiplied by magical CO2...and apparently, by default, you think we can do something about the rate of sea level increase.

It proves that government isn't really interest in AGW because government knows it's a hoax..it is a means of spending money and acquiring political power...Dumping sites are an actual issue...and note that government has taken decisive action regarding where and how nuclear waste is to be dumped...

Actually, that would be you hairball...you are the one who believes that energy can be multiplied by magical CO2...and apparently, by default, you think we can do something about the rate of sea level increase.
You are getting confused. I didn't say what you quoted.

So, the global scientific community is a bunch of liars engaged in a vast conspiracy.

How has this thread not been moved to the conspiracy section?

How have any threads claiming man made global warming not been moved to the conspiracy section. I started a whole thread stating plainly that there was no actual evidence supporting the AGW hypothesis....and there was:

1. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which supports the AGW hypothesis over natural variability.

2. There is not a single piece of observed, measured evidence which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of infrared radiation by a gas and warming in the atmosphere.

3. There was not a single peer reviewed, published paper in which the hypothetical warming caused by the activities of man were empirically measured, quantified, and ascribed to so called greenhouse gasses.

And you know what? My claim stands...no one has been able to deliver even a single piece of the data requested above..not a single piece. Maybe you can help them out...or not..

When the rubber meets the road, you guys are all just alike....spewing your religion without the first piece of actual empirical data to support your beliefs.
Instead of evidence, they have consensus

They'd do that only if there was no healthy debate amongst the public.
Nonsense. There ia plenty of debate over idiotic 9/11 conspiracy theories. And in this topic, there is no debate among scientists. You freakish deniers are claiming a vast conspiracy of the world's scientists, and you should be rewarded with being treated like the anomalous fools you are.
Back in 2006 Al Gore "predicted" the Earth could be gone in 10 years if everyone else but him cut back on energy production. All you libtards went ooohhh and ahhhh, and bowed down to this new religion, because the all might Al, said so. Today, the libtardic pseudo scientists say it "could be gone in 100 years, once again lowering in bar. It must really infuriate you angry radical fundamentalist science deniers, (who think men with boobs are women) when we dont cower down to your "BULLYING" anymore.

I don't see any slowdown of development on coastlines...even the ones that are sinking.

You think nature recognizes some inherent right to live on the coast?

If you are so concerned about global warming, why are you hypocritically using up all that energy to type on your computer, that had to have petroleum used in its plastics? Or drive around in a car, or have your lights on? Or when you fart? Seems that you want all of US to give up our energy usage, so you can greedily keep yours....

If you are so concerned about global warming, why are you hypocritically using up all that energy

You making up nutty stories about what we supposedly believe doesn't make us hypocrites, it makes you dishonest.

We've never demanded anyone give up all energy use, so we're under no obligation to do so ourselves.

I do understand. Such strawmen are all you have, so you're reluctant to give them up. Without your strawmen, you've got nothing to say at all.

It proves that government isn't really interest in AGW because government knows it's a hoax..

Your retarded conclusion there in no way follows from your red-herring premise. What does that fact that individuals build on the coastline say anything about governments?

it is a means of spending money and acquiring political power...Dumping sites are an actual issue...and note that government has taken decisive action regarding where and how nuclear waste is to be dumped...

"Gubmint can regular nuclear waste dumps, so gubmint should regulate all building on the coastlines!" is what you consider a good argument?

Oh, I see, you're a worshiper of hyper-jumbo-sized government. You think gubmint should have the authority to stop all building on coastlines. You need to understand that we more liberty-minded folks think differently. If people want to make mistakes, we'll let them.

Actually, that would be you hairball...you are the one who believes that energy can be multiplied by magical CO2..

Why did you tell such an obvious lie? After all, I've never said or implied any such thing, so you're clearly lying. Are you lying out of stupidity, or is your dishonesty there deliberate?

Forum List

Back