I have the perfect solution to economic crisis

Discussion in 'Economy' started by DavidS, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    The government seems to be printing out trillions of dollars by the day, so much so that the national debt clock in new york city needs 2 additional numbers so that it can go up to the quadrillion area. What if the United States government printed out 1 million dollars and sent it to EVERY single one of its citizens? Everyone who has a social security number gets 1 million dollars. Can you imagine how our economy would explode? Our GDP would be MASSIVE, the federal government's tax revenue would skyrocket so much we would be out of debt in a year, the DOW would go up 25,000 points in a day, restaraunts would be packed... it would be INCREDIBLE. The mortgage crisis would be over with because everyone could pay off their mortgages and the great depression would slip into the great manic! How much is 1 million x 300 million? 3 trillion? 30 trillion? Whatever it is, it would be chump change to the amount of tax revenue the government would rake in and how well the economy would do.

Seriously, what do you guys think? A million dollars for EVERYONE!

2. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    You are joking, right?

3. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Absolutely not! The government prints money like its the latest issue of Time Magazine. Hundreds of hundreds of prints all of the time to pay for the most ridiculous things!

Ok, so the number is 300 trillion. $250,000 for everyone then!

4. Inferno

Inferno boatwoman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Even 100 grand would do the trick. Debt free America we would rule the world. It would be a great idea. Until they started passing out credit cards again and we would fall into another black hole.

5. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Then you outlaw credit cards and mortgages. No more loans. You can invest in companies, but you can't loan money to them. Loans and credit are now illegal.

6. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Inflation....its the equivalent of wiping of savings and debts for most of the middle class, by making the savings and debts such low numbers as to be worthless.

Sure you get rid of the debts, but you also fuck over the people who haven't been irresponsible idiots.

7. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Awesome...so nobody can go to college or graduate school now. We are sure to be winners from that awesome idea. Not many will be able to buy houses, or cars anymore either.

8. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    How so? If i have $10,000 in savings, how am I being fucked over by everyone getting a million dollars? I get a million dollars too. Every homeless man gets a million dollars. Every rich person gets a million dollars. Everyone. Gay, straight, Jewish, Christian, White, Black... every American with a social security number. And those who are under 18 are given a CD with a 1 million dollar investment. If you have a 4% interest rate recurring every month on 1 million dollars for 18 years... well, you make a lot of money.

9. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,017
    That's sweet, and I like the way you're thinkin', but run along now and let the grown-ups talk.

I'm kidding! Unless of course you're serious... :lol:

-Joe

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  10. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Absolutely. College should only be reserved for those who actually seek knowledge, not for doing everything you can to get a piece of paper that means nothing to you.

A typical car costs $30,000. If you have a million.... uh, I'm not sure... I did go to college, so I think you have money left over.