I have increased my dividend income by double, and increased my taxes by double also.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
Who says the rich dont pay their fair share. I increase my income and I pay more for that income. Last year I was only making around $275,000 and had to pay 5% tax on that dividend income. This year, my income increased to over $512,000 and now I have to pay 12% tax on that long term dividend income. Why is it someone making $30,000 a year and pays 20% earned income tax, then goes to $60,000 and only has to pay 27% income tax. I pay double my taxes, while the lower earners only have a 7% increase. Dont let the libtards fool you, they use the same tax advantages I do, but wont tell you, because you liberals are just too stupid to know better, which is why they look down at your morons.

Sorry Charlie but 'rich' isn't until you get into the multi millions per year income range; you're not even close with $512K.

Who says the rich dont pay their fair share. I increase my income and I pay more for that income. Last year I was only making around $275,000 and had to pay 5% tax on that dividend income. This year, my income increased to over $512,000 and now I have to pay 12% tax on that long term dividend income. Why is it someone making $30,000 a year and pays 20% earned income tax, then goes to $60,000 and only has to pay 27% income tax. I pay double my taxes, while the lower earners only have a 7% increase. Dont let the libtards fool you, they use the same tax advantages I do, but wont tell you, because you liberals are just too stupid to know better, which is why they look down at your morons.

Last year I was only making around $275,000 and had to pay 5% tax on that dividend income.

Didn't I already refute your bad math?

Last year I was only making around $275,000 and had to pay 5% tax on that dividend income.

Refute it all you want, but the math came out exactly the way I said it was, I dont know why you dont understand it, also this year, my CPA confirmed that with $512,000 a year of dividend income I am at 12% tax.

Refute it all you want, but the math came out exactly the way I said it was, I dont know why you dont understand it, also this year, my CPA confirmed that with $512,000 a year of dividend income I am at 12% tax.

Refute it all you want, but the math came out exactly the way I said it was

Excellent! Show me how you paid 5% on $275,000 in dividends.

So like a liberal, you want me to show you my tax returns? Figures. If you dont want to make money by investing, that is your choice, but most of my business friends invest and are loving it.

So like a liberal, you want me to show you my tax returns? Figures. If you dont want to make money by investing, that is your choice, but most of my business friends invest and are loving it.

I couldn't give a shit about your tax returns. I just want to see your math.
How much of your 2017 dividends were at the 0% rate, how much at 15%, how much at 20%?

Its the individual tax bracket, as income goes up then your rate is higher and you pay more taxes.

Thats why it is said that the middle class get screwed when it comes to taxes

Now if you were a business or filthy rich you could be like trump and just exaggerate things and write things off. See heading under need a really good tax lawyer.

Well I guess I just think the op is not making a good case. First of all, I would not be headlining that I was only paying 12% on parts of income of a half a million. He is actually making the warren buffet secretary case for him. My post, and maybe he was generalizing was about no one pays a 20% earned income tax on $30,000. Bernie Sanders paid a 26% tax rate on half a million, which includes his income from a book. I am sort of in the dark how the op comes up with these numbers.

Well I guess I just think the op is not making a good case. First of all, I would not be headlining that I was only paying 12% on parts of income of a half a million. He is actually making the warren buffet secretary case for him. My post, and maybe he was generalizing was about no one pays a 20% earned income tax on $30,000. Bernie Sanders paid a 26% tax rate on half a million, which includes his income from a book. I am sort of in the dark how the op comes up with these numbers.

I am sort of in the dark how the op comes up with these numbers.

He pulled them out of his ass.

He did the same thing on an older thread.
I went thru and showed the tax rate and amount he'd owe in each bracket.
The actual tax owed on his claimed dividends was much higher than his claimed 5%.

How much of your 2017 dividends were at the 0% rate, how much at 15%, how much at 20%?
My earned income was $96,000 and was taxed at normal rate 27% roughly $25,000 after deductions.. My dividend income at $275,000 was taxed at 5% or roughly $12,000. Again, long term dividends have a lower interest rate. Now that I doubled my dividend income to over $500,000 my tax rate went to 12% as my CPA calculated.

The rates on qualified dividends range from 0 to 23.8%. To qualify for the qualified dividend rate, the payee must own the stock for a long enough time, generally 60 days for common stock and 90 days for preferred stock. To qualify for the qualified dividend rate, the dividend must also be paid by a corporation in the U.S. or with certain ties to the U.S. 1 Requirements
Qualified dividend - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualified_dividend

My earned income was $96,000 and was taxed at normal rate 27% roughly $25,000 after deductions.. My dividend income at $275,000 was taxed at 5% or roughly $12,000. Again, long term dividends have a lower interest rate. Now that I doubled my dividend income to over $500,000 my tax rate went to 12% as my CPA calculated.

The rates on qualified dividends range from 0 to 23.8%. To qualify for the qualified dividend rate, the payee must own the stock for a long enough time, generally 60 days for common stock and 90 days for preferred stock. To qualify for the qualified dividend rate, the dividend must also be paid by a corporation in the U.S. or with certain ties to the U.S. 1 Requirements

My dividend income at $275,000 was taxed at 5% or roughly $12,000.

Your math doesn't work.

upload_2019-4-19_11-11-52.png

upload_2019-4-19_11-12-51.png

My earned income was $96,000 and was taxed at normal rate 27% roughly $25,000 after deductions..

Your earned income, with zero deductions, would only give you a Federal income tax bill of about $20,000.
Adding $275,000 on top of that gives you ordinary income of about $371,000, which puts you in the (2017) 33% tax bracket. In 2017, that tax bracket paid 15% on qualified dividends.
You would also pay an additional 3.8% net investment income tax on a portion of your dividends.

The person who told you that you only paid 5% lied.

Your math doesn't work.

View attachment 256695

View attachment 256696

My earned income was $96,000 and was taxed at normal rate 27% roughly $25,000 after deductions..

Your earned income, with zero deductions, would only give you a Federal income tax bill of about $20,000.
Adding $275,000 on top of that gives you ordinary income of about $371,000, which puts you in the (2017) 33% tax bracket. In 2017, that tax bracket paid 15% on qualified dividends.
You would also pay an additional 3.8% net investment income tax on a portion of your dividends.

Dividends are not added to "ordinary income". Just like Rental properties income isnt added to "ordinary income". Sorry you cant do the math...

Your math doesn't work.

View attachment 256695

View attachment 256696

Dividends are not added to "ordinary income". Just like Rental properties income isnt added to "ordinary income". Sorry you cant do the math...

Dividends are not added to "ordinary income".

Seriously? Post the possible components of ordinary income.
Then I'll show you your error.

lol another 'tax rebel' who can't do his own taxes and has no idea what he's paying; typical of many 'right wingers'. Such people should be taxed at 50%+ right off the top.

Forum List

Back