I have a specific question about my racial make up

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I did a genetic test and they labeled me as 14% southasian and 86% non-southasian. But I think im more, my mum and her family looks fully southasian or like 85-90% at least. People tell me i would blend in well with east indians. Do you think my genetic components are a bit mislabeled, maybe because romas left india thousand years ago the components dont show up properly, maybe it is a mislabel.

ancestrycompositionspeculative.jpg

you see im only 14.4% southasian but i think i should be at least 35%

my mum must be close to ninenty
IMG_1075.jpg

my dad is 25% roma (his paternal grandmother) and 75% serbian
Bild00a.jpg

what do you think?

Roma are blended from many different ethnicities and multiple races, being nomadic people that have expanded across the world.

You really cannot go by looks. In some places I am treated as Hispanic, in others East Indian, in others Creole.

I am half Italian and half Amerind/Northern European.

Don't worry - when Hispanics are the majority in the US this century we will both blend in very well.

If you get accused of a crime they will never find you because you will look like every other Mexican Papa there is.

Regards from Rosie

Welcome to the human race.

"We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!
--Character John Winger, "Stripes".

Roma are blended from many different ethnicities and multiple races, being nomadic people that have expanded across the world.

You really cannot go by looks. In some places I am treated as Hispanic, in others East Indian, in others Creole.

I am half Italian and half Amerind/Northern European.

Don't worry - when Hispanics are the majority in the US this century we will both blend in very well.

If you get accused of a crime they will never find you because you will look like every other Mexican Papa there is.

Regards from Rosie

but why are blacks in america still african majority? or other diaspora groups etc. to me east indian is the most visible race in roma (where they originate) they might have some other admixture but it is not as much visible. also depends on which roma, some groups look more european.

an average roma
Jai_Bhim_headband-711947.JPG

he does look very east indian to me

also looks and genetics does have a correlation, because if you are 99% european genetically you probably cant look black, right? and if you look east indian you probably cant be 90% european etc. in mixtures it is more difficult but there is also a pattern (mullato, quadroon, octroon etc.) who have their looks etc. and judging by that i should be more southasian i think.

If your father was a Jew you are a Jew and if your father wasn't a Jew you are not a Jew. The bloodline is from the father. Not the mother. This is confirmed both through science and through Scripture. The Halacha was written by sages and is not found in the Torah. This is where the teaching comes from the it was the mothers bloodline. It is impossible that it would come from the mothers bloodline as both Rebecca and Rachel were Gentiles. So was the mother of Boaz and Obed. Jews are the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel. The 12 tribes of Israel are Jewish. Not Gentile.

Just tell everyone that you are Native American. (just pick a tribe)

That's what Elizabeth lie-a-watha Warren did and she got a free scholarship to Harvard. .. :cool:

She made out better than that, she got a job there (she wasn't qualified for).

]If your father was a Jew you are a Jew and if your father wasn't a Jew you are not a Jew. The bloodline is from the father. Not the mother.[/B] This is confirmed both through science and through Scripture. The Halacha was written by sages and is not found in the Torah. This is where the teaching comes from the it was the mothers bloodline. It is impossible that it would come from the mothers bloodline as both Rebecca and Rachel were Gentiles. So was the mother of Boaz and Obed. Jews are the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel. The 12 tribes of Israel are Jewish. Not Gentile.
Actually, it the opposite......only if your mother is a Jew are you are considered to be a Jew. .. :cool:

]If your father was a Jew you are a Jew and if your father wasn't a Jew you are not a Jew. The bloodline is from the father. Not the mother.[/B] This is confirmed both through science and through Scripture. The Halacha was written by sages and is not found in the Torah. This is where the teaching comes from the it was the mothers bloodline. It is impossible that it would come from the mothers bloodline as both Rebecca and Rachel were Gentiles. So was the mother of Boaz and Obed. Jews are the sons of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Not Sarah, Rebecca and Rachel. The 12 tribes of Israel are Jewish. Not Gentile.
Actually, it the opposite......only if your mother is a Jew are you are considered to be a Jew. .. :cool:

Correct. Or rather, that's the official definition. Personally, I think a person's only a Jew if they practice Judaism and their genetics don't enter into it.

If we allow non-Judaism practioners to claim Jewish 'membership' then we might have to extend that to Hitler. If so we can't speak negatively about him for the commandment of 'don't put another Israelite to shame.' And a bunch of others governing our interactions with our fellows. So Hitler might well have had the genes but so what? He didn't practice Judaism, he didn't claim his Jewishness, ergo, wasn't a Jew.

Last edited:
I did a genetic test and they labeled me as 14% southasian and 86% non-southasian. But I think im more, my mum and her family looks fully southasian or like 85-90% at least. People tell me i would blend in well with east indians. Do you think my genetic components are a bit mislabeled, maybe because romas left india thousand years ago the components dont show up properly, maybe it is a mislabel.

IMG_1075.jpg

Bild00a.jpg

what do you think?

What a person will look like is a bit of the roll of the dice. My father was half Mexican and looked it. My mother was of American Indian and a mixture of northern European descent; she had had brown hair and eyes. I was born blond like my grandfather and great grandfather on my mo mother’s side. If the genes are available they can be expressed. Just because one is of Roma ancestry does not mean they will look it. If you find that appearance attractive and wish your children to have it marry and have children with a woman with those features provided her parents and grand parents have the same features. But even that is no guarantee.

But for myself even though I prefer blonds and red heads my children and grand children are all good looking regardless of their appearance and it would not matter if one was born with black features, being my grandchild would make all the difference.

Last edited:

IMG_1075.jpg

Bild00a.jpg

what do you think?

What a person will look like is a bit of the roll of the dice. My father was half Mexican and looked it. My mother was of American Indian and a mixture of northern European descent; she had had brown hair and eyes. I was born blond like my grandfather and great grandfather on my mo mother’s side. If the genes are available they can be expressed. Just because one is of Roma ancestry does not mean they will look it. If you find that appearance attractive and wish your children to have it marry and have children with a woman with those features provided her parents and grand parents have the same features. But even that is no guarantee.

But for myself even though I prefer blonds and red heads my children and grand children are all good looking regardless of their appearance and it would not matter if one was born with black features, being my grandchild would make all the difference.

in mixtures it is often not that clear how much one is etc. and it is not that clear by looks alone etc. but there is also a pattern (indo-mestizo, mestizo, harnizo, castizo etc.) and often you do see by looks how much someone is european probably if he is castizo or mestizo (not always though) there can always be a exotic look but there is a pattern and judging by all my family members almost all do look full blown east indian or if they are not they just would easily pass there, they are all dark brown like my mum and have jet black hair, dark big round deer eyes typical of southasians etc. judging by that, they cant be that much european, i would say they are at least 80% southasian, so i think my test is not wrong but it was mislabeled because of some reasons like (the ancestry is old etc.).

Forum List

Back