I hate the court of public opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I hate the court of public opinion. It judges way too swiftly and convicts way too often.

Take Kavanaugh and his accusers for example. One is automatically guilty because he is a man, and is therefore not allowed to defend himself. The women are to be believed regardless of if they're telling the truth or not. Oh my, isn't that truly sexist reasoning?

This circus revolving around Kavanaugh only cheapens the struggle of real victims of sexual abuse, and because so many falsehoods are being leveled here, those real victims of abuse are more prone to be ignored than believed.

I hate the court of public opinion. I despise people who rush to judgement. This is like pointing a loaded gun at an innocent person, you had better be prepared for the consequences of pulling the trigger. There are too many people out there all too eager to destroy a man's life, whilst clamoring to believe the uncorroborated allegations of his accusers.

If you are one of those types, don't bother lecturing me about justice and due process. You have no place, seeing as how you hold little regard for either.

People parrot.

Up to 95% of politically active people do nothing but parrot.

I hate the court of public opinion. It judges way too swiftly and convicts way too often.

Take Kavanaugh and his accusers for example. One is automatically guilty because he is a man, and is therefore not allowed to defend himself. The women are to be believed regardless of if they're telling the truth or not. Oh my, isn't that truly sexist reasoning?

This circus revolving around Kavanaugh only cheapens the struggle of real victims of sexual abuse, and because so many falsehoods are being leveled here, those real victims of abuse are more prone to be ignored than believed.

I hate the court of public opinion. I despise people who rush to judgement. This is like pointing a loaded gun at an innocent person, you had better be prepared for the consequences of pulling the trigger. There are too many people out there all too eager to destroy a man's life, whilst clamoring to believe the uncorroborated allegations of his accusers.

If you are one of those types, don't bother lecturing me about justice and due process. You have no place, seeing as how you hold little regard for either.

what's funny is seeing your comments in the first paragraph the first thought I had is the left using reverse sexism to get their way! I don't like you doing it, but fk you, we're going to stick this up your ass instead and tell you you're gonna like it. they are women hear them roar, just like the people they are accusing of doing the same. Who really aren't and it's all a lie. But hey, look at the lack of class from a fking woman senator, hey men, shut up!!!!

And the crass act that knowing nothing is knowing all!

what's funny is seeing your comments in the first paragraph the first thought I had is the left using reverse sexism to get their way! I don't like you doing it, but fk you, we're going to stick this up your ass instead and tell you you're gonna like it. they are women hear them roar, just like the people they are accusing of doing the same. Who really aren't and it's all a lie. But hey, look at the lack of class from a fking woman senator, hey men, shut up!!!!

And the crass act that knowing nothing is knowing all!

Uh... what?

I despise people who rush to judgement.
Doesn't look like it.
You are implying here that the woman are lying and as such rush to your own judgement.
Not for nothing, if your claim would be true and you hate rushing to judgements, your only honest response would be " I don't know it's true."

Last edited:
Kavanaugh fans complain about the court of public opinion all the while trying to stop a legit fbi investigation and senate review .

Oh the irony .

You are implying here that the woman are lying and as such rush to your own judgement.
Not for nothing, if your claim would be true and you hate rushing to judgement, your only honest response would be " I don't know it's true."

Nice try. I based those judgments on the facts and evidence I have assimilated thus far. Why else would they be coming out now if not for being coached by Feinstein and her friends? Hmm?

It only takes a bit of deductive reasoning to find the timing of these claims peculiar, and the equally peculiar demands Ford made of a congressional body also strikes me as odd.

You can make reasonable assumptions based on facts and behavior, not from emotions. Hence why I despise the court of public opinion.

Kavanaugh fans complain about the court of public opinion all the while trying to stop a legit fbi investigation and senate review .

Oh the irony .

Nevermind the fact that sexual assault is not within the FBI's jurisdiction. Or the fact that Kavanaugh had his background checked 6 different times...

Oh by the way--

Huge: Letter Shows Ford Wanted To Stop Sex Crime Prosecutor from Investigating

Did they talk to Ford ? Does the fbi only investigate Fed crimes ?

Not for nothing, if your claim would be true and you hate rushing to judgement, your only honest response would be " I don't know it's true."

Nice try. I based those judgments on the facts and evidence I have assimilated thus far. Why else would they be coming out now if not for being coached by Feinstein and her friends? Hmm?

It only takes a bit of deductive reasoning to find the timing of these claims peculiar, and the equally peculiar demands Ford made of a congressional body also strikes me as odd.

You can make reasonable assumptions based on facts and behavior, not from emotions. Hence why I despise the court of public opinion.
Ah so your problem isn't so much rushing to judgements as long as those judgements follow yours?
I'll tell you a story. Someone really close to me got assaulted. She didn't report it. Instead she looked up this guys girlfriends phone number and called her up telling the story. I know this woman and let me tell you if 20 years from now, this guy would be up for a high profile position. She would go and deal with the devil himself to get some more payback. That is the truth of sexual assault. Not everybody reacts or acts the same way.
Unlike you I do not claim to know the truth of it. The political implications make it suspect, yet going by that alone and considering more stories like this are coming out, dismissing it and calling people liars, makes you just as judgmental as those who are willing to outright convict.

Last edited:
You know, I went to high school, and was even friends with some of the varsity football players. The varsity football team got laid on a regular basis.

Kavanaugh was on the varsity football team, yet he claims he was a virgin all the way through high school and college.

I don't believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back