I Hate Bagless Vacuum Cleaners

Gagafritz

Lady Germanotta Snicks
Dec 4, 2011
Why do people want bagless vacs? I have a bagless stick vac and every time i empty it i get a face full of dirt and it puts dirt and dust back into the air. No thanks. I would rather have bags to change.:eusa_boohoo:

Even when you change the bags, dust still comes out when you take them off.
Just not as much. :)
But bag-less vacs does save you some money.
I empty mine outside in the trash bag.

We should start a club. I bored my facebook friends to death for months with my rants about my expensive bagless. It took me almost a year to figure out the damn thing, and it spent the first few months after I did being clogged.

It has to be manually emptied every single time you use it (and I use it every day, sometimes more often, as I have a large dog who sheds) and you're SUPPOSED to wash the filters every time, too. Unfortunately, in the climate I live in, the filter won't DRY before the next time I use it (I found out the hard way) and if you use it wet you end up with an unholy mess.

Now I just empty it into a humongous trash bag before vacuuming, pick up all the trash in the house, take the bag out to the bin, then vacuum, it's a routine. And it works pretty good, provided I pick everything visible up first. Because it gets plugged up really easily.

It's a whole flipping process and I sooooo miss my ancient kirby.

Anything with water is going to be prone to mold or other bacteria. So, i am really not interested in having a vac like that for that reason. And, then you would have to clean the darn thing every single time you use it. No thanks. I am sure they work well and for doing steam cleaning , etc that is fine.

Anything with water is going to be prone to mold or other bacteria. So, i am really not interested in having a vac like that for that reason. And, then you would have to clean the darn thing every single time you use it. No thanks. I am sure they work well and for doing steam cleaning , etc that is fine.

The piece where the water goes and needs cleaning just goes in the dishwasher but whatever floats your boat.

Well, i don't want to wash my vacuum cleaner everytime i vacuum. That is more work than vacuuming.

So, every day i vacuum, i have to run the thing through the dishwasher? No thanks.

So, every day i vacuum, i have to run the thing through the dishwasher?

No, you don't have to every time.

But you "hate bagless vacuum cleaners" and are obviously irrational about it so by all means continue to use whatever it is you prefer.

Why do people want bagless vacs? I have a bagless stick vac and every time i empty it i get a face full of dirt and it puts dirt and dust back into the air. No thanks. I would rather have bags to change.:eusa_boohoo:

I hate them too. I only buy bagged vacuums with retractable cords. Awesome.

I'm nominating this titillating thread for "Best Thread of 2012"

Unless someone makes one about the best trash bags out there, this one's a winner!

Not at all.

The water stays in the container in the bottom of the unit until you empty it out when you're done...It all air dries very nicely.

Well, this has to be the best thread of the New Year!

IMO, when you take a bag out of a "bag vacuum" you have the same problem.

I have one of those Dyson ball vacuums and its a charm, however I agree with you about the dust but I empty the container right into the trash outside...

Forum List

Back