I Hate Bagless Vacuum Cleaners

I think my son had one of those. Are you talking about the little one that just bumps around the house? He liked the idea of it, it helped with dustbunnies but I think it tended to get stuck and I haven't heard him talk about it in some time, so I don't think it lasted long...

Why do people want bagless vacs? I have a bagless stick vac and every time i empty it i get a face full of dirt and it puts dirt and dust back into the air. No thanks. I would rather have bags to change.:eusa_boohoo:
You just need to keep up with the times, the robot vacuum cleaners are much more convenient and easier. You can read my blog about robot vacuum: Best Roomba For Pet Hair: Roomba 980 or 960 or 890 or 690 or 675?
Why do people want bagless vacs? I have a bagless stick vac and every time i empty it i get a face full of dirt and it puts dirt and dust back into the air. No thanks. I would rather have bags to change.:eusa_boohoo:

I've had every kind of vacuum cleaner there is. Roomba's, the top of the line Dysons, Miele canisters, and so forth. The only one I have not had is the Rainbow one mentioned at the top of this topic six years ago. I'm not going to pay two thousand dollars for a vacuum cleaner.

By far the best vacuum is the Oreck Pilot. I'm not sure if they make them any more.

The Dyson kinetic big ball animal vacuum is a monster, and my wife found it too clunky, bulky and heavy to maneuver around. She hated it. Now it just gathers dust in the closet in our storage room.

I'm not going to go into how terrible the Miele's are. Just avoid them.

A friend who owns a bunch of rental properties recommended the Oreck to me. I figured a guy who has to clean a lot of rental properties would know what he was talking about, and he was right. The Oreck Pilot is awesome.

No, it isn't bagless. I agree with those who hate the bagless, not because of the dust which comes out when you empty them, but because they are a real pain in the ass to maintain and to keep the suction pressure up.

When it comes to a lot of things, especially appliances, you really do get what you pay for. But when it comes to vacuums, the Oreck Pilot is not only one of the cheaper vacuums, it is also the best and the most durable. I paid about $275 for our Pilot.

Oreck's rock.

The Roomba's a novelty item. A toy. My wife named ours Rosie, after the Jetsons robot. They are best used on wood floors with wide open spaces. They do get stuck around furniture. Don't get a Roomba if you are going to own only one vacuum. The Roomba is just for light work and has a very limited use.

rosie.jpg

Last edited:
I got the Roomba too and it seems to be doing fine, so far. We have a chow, so you can just imagine how much fur our floors can have everyday. Though I will have to agree that it does a lot of bumps here and there and if you don't clear its way off prior to letting it run, it would get stuck on wires and all. One thing we particularly do not like much about it is the noise, it's just too noisy. But suction wise, no complaints so far.

Hey man! They came out with this thing in like..2006 .It's a killer design, HEPA filter, sucks shit up.. no bags. Get er done! Where is mine, and why have I not thrown out the yellow bag vacuum cleaner?

Bah, I got 1975 Sears can vacs, too.

By the way, I recently gave my girlfriend a Neuto vacuum cleaner for the day (I chose it because it was cheaper), and she was delighted and did not wear good breeders from this vacuum cleaner.

Forum List

Back