I don't understand why liberals deny equality

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
So Bernie Sanders raises $44 million in a single month in campaign contributions. But rather than splitting those donations equally with not only Hillary Clinton, but also Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, he hoards it all for himself after spending his entire life screaming about sharing the wealth and equality. So the question is - why does he talk about equality but deny it to others???

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...uls-in-44-million-in-march-fund-raising/?_r=0

The answer is simple, he wants to win the election. Income equality has little to do with campaign funding or am I missing something. Even your article said he needs to money to fund his campaign.

"I don't understand why liberals deny equality"

It’s because they don’t – liberals are in fact defenders of equality; often defending various classes of Americans from discrimination advocated by the right.

I think Bernie would be cool in a system where the candidates all shared a pot of money . And that would eliminate the shady donation scams we have now .

So Bernie Sanders raises $44 million in a single month in campaign contributions. But rather than splitting those donations equally with not only Hillary Clinton, but also Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, he hoards it all for himself after spending his entire life screaming about sharing the wealth and equality. So the question is - why does he talk about equality but deny it to others???

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...uls-in-44-million-in-march-fund-raising/?_r=0

When Bernie Sanders hoards more than Donald Trump has in his bank accounts then let talk and not until then... Hell when Sanders hoards more than Clinton has let talk... The only one that has less might be Cruz...

I think Bernie would be cool in a system where the candidates all shared a pot of money . And that would eliminate the shady donation scams we have now .
I actually live in a system like that. But suggesting it's better is probably a big NO NO for Americans. I can imaging the post." Tax payer money to fund campaigns COMMUNIST."

Last edited:
Another idiotic question from the right wing. Hopefully not a serious question, because unless you are genuinely stupid you wouldn't ask it. Wingnuts constantly assign some meaning to liberals and democrats that only has meaning in their narrow minds. It is a kind of circle jerk of schoolyard idiots. Substantive issues confuse their simple minds, making shit up makes them smart in the eyes of other idiots. And so it goes....

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative." John Stuart Mill

"A conservative is a man who will not look at the new moon out of respect for that "ancient institution" the old one." Douglas Jerrold

"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money." George Carlin

"A conservative is a man who will not look at the new moon out of respect for that "ancient institution" the old one." Douglas Jerrold

"Conservatism is the theoretical voice of this animus against the agency of the subordinate classes. It provides the most consistent and profound argument as to why the lower orders should not be allowed to exercise their independent will, why they should not be allowed to govern themselves or the polity. Submission is their first duty, agency, the prerogative of the elite." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

"But you say you are conservative - eminently conservative - while we are revolutionary, destructive, or something of the sort. What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried? We stick to, contend for, the identical old policy on the point in controversy which was adopted by "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live;" while you with one accord reject, and scout, and spit upon that old policy, and insist upon substituting something new. True, you disagree among yourselves as to what that substitute shall be. You are divided on new propositions and plans, but you are unanimous in rejecting and denouncing the old policy of the fathers. Some of you are for reviving the foreign slave trade; some for a Congressional Slave-Code for the Territories; some for Congress forbidding the Territories to prohibit Slavery within their limits; some for maintaining Slavery in the Territories through the judiciary; some for the "gur-reat pur-rinciple" that "if one man would enslave another, no third man should object," fantastically called "Popular Sovereignty;" but never a man among you is in favor of federal prohibition of slavery in federal territories, according to the practice of "our fathers who framed the Government under which we live." Not one of all your various plans can show a precedent or an advocate in the century within which our Government originated. Consider, then, whether your claim of conservatism for yourselves, and your charge or destructiveness against us, are based on the most clear and stable foundations." Abraham Lincoln Abraham Lincoln's Cooper Union Address

The answer is simple, he wants to win the election. Income equality has little to do with campaign funding or am I missing something. Even your article said he needs to money to fund his campaign.

Even the Communists understand the beauty and necessity of the capitalism they openly disdain.

They are really no different than anyone else. They want it all for themselves.

IOW, you have no idea how the system works, and you're bragging about it, amiright?

Even the Communists understand the beauty and necessity of the capitalism they openly disdain.

They are really no different than anyone else. They want it all for themselves.
lol I'm not even close to a communist. I live in a social democracy. Our election cycle is just shorter, heavily regulated so cheaper and publicly funded. The way campaigns get money in the US is illegal here.

When Bernie Sanders hoards more than Donald Trump has in his bank accounts then let talk and not until then... Hell when Sanders hoards more than Clinton has let talk... The only one that has less might be Cruz...

Trump doesn't advocate equality. The money he has wasn't donated to him either.

Liberals believe in diversity, that's the opposite of equality. Remember?

:lame2:

Makes no sense...what are you babbling about?

But....but....Hillary, Donald, and Ted need money to fund their campaign.

Also, does basic economics escape you? How is "campaign financing" any different from corporate financing, personal financing, etc. We all nee money to fund our lives and our business.

Finally, thank you for proving that left-wing liberal policy is a FAILED ideology. You said Bernie "wants to win the election". Ergo it justifies him hoarding his money and not sharing it even though he advocates sharing money. Well....I very much want to WIN at LIFE. So you admit, the only way to win is to keep what you earn? Bingo.

Makes no sense...what are you babbling about?
You are correct - liberal policy makes no sense. It never has. As we speak, it is collapsing the world economy (Greece, the European Union, etc.).

But basically this article simply points out the hypocrisy that is the modern day liberal. When someone else has money, the modern day liberal demands that that person gives them at least half of everything. When the modern day liberal has money, they hoard it for their greedy selves.

:lame2:
I couldn't agree more. The hypocrisy of liberals is "lame", "repulsive", "disgusting" and worse. But that's the way those people are.

Last edited:
"I don't understand why liberals deny equality"

It’s because they don’t – liberals are in fact defenders of equality; often defending various classes of Americans from discrimination advocated by the right.
Um.....if 'ole Bernie here was (and I quote) a "defender of equality" he would be giving $11 million to Hillary, Donald, and Ted. He's didn't. And he's not going to. No equality here. Just a a liberal doing what a liberal does - hoarding money and acting like a dirt-bag hypocrite.

Forum List

Back