I don't remember President Nixon blaming LBJ for Nam

I don't remember President Nixon blaming Truman for the Korean War either.

So what's your point?

You know, thinking about it, I also don't remember President Nixon blaming the Beatles for the Franco-Prussian War of 1870.

He didn't blame Kennedy either.
There never was any History wasted on you Teabbaggers.

'Nam always WAS Harry Truman's War.

We screwed-OVER the Vietnamese....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT90Qu55O4U]‪Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erf52WGnM4g]‪Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMhaypD5wU]‪Viet Nam A Television History 1, The Roots of War 4‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Being a good president is dealing with the hand that was dealt you....................................................

Like the way crybaby Obama has been blaming Bush for the economy.
You Teabaggers never were big fans o' accepting responsibility for....

:rolleyes:

Guess what Mr. Shaman? Democrats lose to Tea Party candidates in Wisconsins recall election last night. All those millions poured in to defeat the Tea Party and it ended in FAILURE. lol......I just thought you would like to know on a side note.

You're 57 ginscpy? Sheesh.

I remember distinctly that the Republicans were blaming LBJ for Vietnam. And Nixon ran on a platform of immediately ending that war.

Gosh.

If Nixon did blame LBJ for the Nam morass- he had good reason to.

He may have bashed LBJ in private - but not like Obama is doing to Bush on the economy on national TV.

Maybe you don't recall it because it's a long time ago. Maybe you should have taken the time to remind yourself what Nixon actually said.

From the Nixon 1968 convention speech:

"We are going to win because at a time that America cries out for the unity that this Administration has destroyed..."

"America is in trouble today not because her people have failed but because her leaders have failed."

"For four years this Administration has had at its disposal the greatest military and economic advantage that one nation has ever had over another in any war in history.

For four years, America's fighting men have set a record for courage and sacrifice unsurpassed in our history.

For four years, this Administration has had the support of the Loyal Opposition for the objective of seeking an honorable end to the struggle.

Never has so much military and economic and diplomatic power been used so ineffectively."

"I say the time has come for the American people to turn to new leadership -- not tied to the mistakes and the policies of the past."

Richard M. Nixon 1968 Presidential Nomination Acceptance Speech

I recall the Nixon 1968 acceptence speech.

I was blown away - about to turn 15.

i recall the nixon's resignation speech......i was blown away that he was not being impeached

That NONEVENT marks the end of legitimate governance as far as I can see.

Once it became apparent that any criminal conspiracy by a POTUS would be tolerated, it was pretty much lights out for a real democratic republic.

Forum List

Back