I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.
Why do you not consider it racism if a black person is hostile toward you? There have been posts from a black poster admitting he felt blacks to be superior to whites.
Because I believe racism to be related to power, not just attitude or action. Power to create an environment where some lives are valued over others..power to pass laws that value some lives over others..power to deny housing, education, protection, to some while giving it to others..power to create the myth of race in the first place in order to ensure that you and only you can have and keep land in a country stolen from some and built up by others.

Nothing in the definition of the word, supports your view.

What you did there was give reasons to justify and excuse black racism, not explain why it can't exist.

Why do you not consider it racism if a black person is hostile toward you? There have been posts from a black poster admitting he felt blacks to be superior to whites.
Post the definition of racism Molly, see if it means what you think it means.

19789999.jpg

It has been posted in this thread, and Molly is completely correct.

Because I believe racism to be related to power, not just attitude or action. Power to create an environment where some lives are valued over others..power to pass laws that value some lives over others..power to deny housing, education, protection, to some while giving it to others..power to create the myth of race in the first place in order to ensure that you and only you can have and keep land in a country stolen from some and built up by others.
It's not just a belief, it's the actual definition.

It has been posted in this thread, and Molly is completely correct.
Go ahead and post it.

And show me where it states hostility in the definition of racism.

Molly was referring to something the other poster said in the op, about experiencing hostility from a black person, BASED ON RACE.

bolding added.

"While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me."

Hostility based on race, certainly fits the definition.

racism definition - Google Search

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Molly was referring to something the other poster said in the op, about experiencing hostility from a black person, BASED ON RACE.

bolding added.

"While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me."

Hostility based on race, certainly fits the definition.

racism definition - Google Search

"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."
So you're the Molly Whisperer now?

LoL!! Good catch.

It's not just a belief, it's the actual definition.
Lets see if "power" has anything to do with the definition of racism.

racism | Definition of racism in English by Oxford Dictionaries

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Definition of RACISM

Definition of racism
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

racism - Dictionary Definition

racism

1 - the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races

the definition of racism

racism

[rey-siz-uh m]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun

• a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine culturalor individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right todominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Nope, not one mention of "power". Every single legitimate dictionary says youre wrong. Why are you people so uneducated and ignorant about such a common word in the english language? Read some fucking books for christ sake.

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Definition of RACISM

Definition of racism
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

racism

1 - the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races

the definition of racism

racism

[rey-siz-uh m]
noun

• a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine culturalor individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right todominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.

Nope, not one mention of "power". Every single legitimate dictionary says youre wrong. Why are you people so uneducated and ignorant about such a common word in the english language? Read some fucking books for christ sake.
Only SYSTEMS have the POWER to do this moron.

racism: a political or social system founded on racism

I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.

Racism can occur in a country yes, and that is in a larger sense. But racism can also occur in a group of 10 people as long as those 10 people can control the environment and power for someone who is an outsider.
There are different forms of racism but it all starts and ends inside us.
So if for example you may see the US as being a racist white male dominated place and inhospitable for others, Suppose then that you found one of the WORST examples among those racist whites and shipped him off to live in Hong Kong where he was surrounded by Chinese. He was the only white guy for 20 miles..... would he then cease to be a racist? No, I don't believe so. If he was truly a racist, moving him to a place where he no longer enjoyed whatever power he had as part of the majority, wouldn't make a difference. He would still be a racist, he would still be who he was. Same goes for anyone else

Then you are a fool. All races have racism.

Post the definition of racism Molly, see if it means what you think it means.

19789999.jpg
Yall seem to post multiple definitions of the word, but quite often say that feeling superior to other races is the definition

Definition of RACISM

Definition of racism

racism

the definition of racism

racism

[rey-siz-uh m]
noun

Not one mention of the word "power" anywhere. :laugh:

The US isnt an example of that. Certainly not today. The only government systems that are racist today, are the ones in Africa (to the surprise of absolutely no one). Quit blaming white people for the crimes of black people.

I do not have any power yet get called racist. I do not consider myself superior to anyone. A black poster says blacks are superior to whites and you make excuses for this. Shame on you. Most whites in this country do not have the authority or power to make the rules and laws. Blacks have land that they bought, is it not stolen land, or only the land that whites bought?
Racist and racism are two different things.

I do not have any power yet get called racist. I do not consider myself superior to anyone. A black poster says blacks are superior to whites and you make excuses for this. Shame on you. Most whites in this country do not have the authority or power to make the rules and laws. Blacks have land that they bought, is it not stolen land, or only the land that whites bought?
Are you saying one is acceptable but not the other? How would you consider one not associated with the other?

Are you saying one is acceptable but not the other? How would you consider one not associated with the other?
I didnt say they were not associated. I said they were different and I could give two shits about someone being racist unless they are in a position to practice racism.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I didnt say they were not associated. I said they were different and I could give two shits about someone being racist unless they are in a position to practice racism.
Whether they are different or not is irrelevant to my posts.

Last edited:

Who gives a fuck what you believe? What you personally want to believe has no bearing on facts. The fact is that American blacks are some of the most racist people alive.

There are no such facts that exist. Show us the racist laws and policies made by blacks that were done so to exclude whites.

Racism isn’t only tied to laws and policies. You are a racist asshole, adding stupid to your problems isn’t helping you.

Actually it is. Laws and policies thar deny people rights a far more dfficult to ignore than being called names. And calling me a racist without providing evidence of my racism only shows that you suffer from white fragility.

Definition of RACISM

Definition of racism

racism

the definition of racism

racism

[rey-siz-uh m]
noun

Not one mention of the word "power" anywhere. :laugh:

The US isnt an example of that. Certainly not today. The only government systems that are racist today, are the ones in Africa (to the surprise of absolutely no one). Quit blaming white people for the crimes of black people.

So white racism ended in the US. When did that happen? You say Africans are the only racists. You need to get brain surgery.

Forum List

Back