I Do Not Believe in Black Racism

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Delores Paulk, May 28, 2017.

1. Delores Paulk

Delores Paulk Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635
    I have read many posts about what people are calling Black racism. I found this definition of racism: “a belief that race is the primary determinate of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.”

I realize that pointing out the existence of racism and the need to discuss it stirs up sensitivities on both sides. I also realize the need to admit that the white race in this country has historically seen itself as superior to other races, particularly the black race. If you watch the documentary, “Race, the Power of an Illusion,” you will learn that our “founding fathers” intentionally created the myth of white superiority to gain and keep control of property and lands.

While I as a white person have experienced the ugliness of being hated and mistreated for who I am, I do not consider that experiencing racism. When a black person is hostile towards me, I do not view it as racism against me. I do not like it. I do not run from it. I deal with it as best I can. But I do not consider it racism.

I do consider this. African Americans who are descendants of slaves, cross paths with descendants of slave owners every day. Descendants of the people who bought and sold their ancestors. Descendants of the people who raped, whipped and murdered their ancestors. Descendants of the very ones who owned their ancestors, and treated them like animals, considering them 3/5 human. And now these descendants are their teachers, their employers, their merchants, their neighbors and their co-workers.

And many still carry ingrained attitudes of superiority with them, consciously or unconsciously. And these attitudes are conveyed in many subtle, unspoken terms.

I believe that the biggest difficulty in race relations lies in the inability of white people to listen to black people. I mean really listen. Without criticizing. Without defending. Without interfering. Without interjecting our values, our opinions, and our view point. I believe that most of us white people still see life from the view of the oppressor. And from that standpoint, we will never fully understand the views, actions and reactions of the oppressed.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,722

If someone declares their hatred or disdain for you based on your so-called 'race,' you don't consider that racism?

• Thank You! x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. SobieskiSavedEurope

SobieskiSavedEurope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    My Italian American co worker was walking towards home from the Walmart plaza through Mohegan Lake, New York..... When a group of Blacks yelled "Hey White boy what cha doing here"
    when they chased him down.

If that's not racism, what is it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,397
    /---- Even in the South, more than 80% of the white population never owned slaves. Given the fact that the majority of today’s non-black Americans descend from immigrants who arrived in this country after the War Between the States, only a tiny percentage of today’s white citizens – perhaps as few as 5% -- bear any authentic sort of generational guilt for the exploitation of slave labor. Michael Medved - Six inconvenient truths about the U.S. and slavery

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,170
    The sad truth is that most racism practiced today is not coming from white people but is directed AT them. Sorry you refuse to see that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Moonglow

Moonglow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50,747
    If only blacks were chattel slaves in the history of humans I could agree, yet they were not, and the people that enslaved them were fellow black Africans, which sold them to the Arabs or Europeans....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,552
    Your belief does not remove its existence.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. deannalw

deannalw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,179
    Your own definition is such that blacks can be and sometimes are racist.

9. Moonglow

Moonglow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50,747
    Any race can be racist.It's not a problem with all races. Which means, blacks can be racist also. I've met a few, but like I do any racist, I don't listen to the garbage they are carrying.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  10. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,170
    People who see racism as being at the heart of every matter are themselves the biggest racists because it so consumes their everything thought they see it everywhere they look even when it isn't there!------ look to the person who claimed anyone not liking or disagreeing with Obama was doing it out of racism, etc., just as those who claimed anyone opposing Hillary was doing it out of sexism, THOSE PEOPLE are the biggest, truest racists ans sexists you will ever find.

• Agree Agree x 2