I do know this, when English is misunderstood

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
then try French. One or the other will gain adequate interpretation no matter where one might go in this world. I can't say the same for any other languages and I've been about everywhere. The French are more capitalistic than even ourselves, Americans. It's ironic that we hear so much negativity towards them.

Yes, we inherited Vietnam from them. Too bad we didn't take them up on Algeria.:D

French is a universal language not because people revere them so much but because, like the British, they thought it was their manifest destiny to conquer the world, enslaving others in the name of colonization. The very same crimes they accused the Japs of doing which started WW2. Heaven forbid some other country should try to muscle in on French/British land grabbing.
The irony is that both France and Britain lost their "empires" after WW2 which they fought to protect said holdings!!!

I must disagree with you on two counts, French is not only a universal language through colonisation but 100 years ago was also the language of Court and Diplomacy making the ability to speak French a necessity for any educated person.

Secondly, European colonization, and the resulting national jealousies, were a direct cause of WW 1. Between the wars the European countries were too heavily involved economically with post war reconstruction to become involved in extending Empires.

The causes of WW2 are complex but were a direct result of aggression by fascist states It is true that Japan had invaded parts of China and Korea between the wars but it must be remembered that WW2 started in Setember 1939 and not with Pearl Harbour in December 1941.

"...it must be remembered that WW2 started in Setember 1939..."

I believe WW2 started with the Jap invasion of Manchuria in 1931.

"The causes of WW2 are complex but were a direct result of aggression by fascist states,,,"

Excuse me!!!

The Japs didn't do anything that Britain and France hadn't already done to Asia. The so-called democratic countries of Britain and France weren't trying to save the world from tyranny; they were trying to save their tyranny from the world. They had their piece of the pie, the natural resources of Asia, and how dare Japan try to muscle in.

Originally posted by nbdysfu
Yes, we inherited Vietnam from them. Too bad we didn't take them up on Algeria.:D

yeah *ahem* now where was it that slavery was abolished last.......?
where is it that has a homophobic racist as a *fictitious* preseident?

tough questions

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
"...it must be remembered that WW2 started in Setember 1939..."

I believe WW2 started with the Jap invasion of Manchuria in 1931.

"The causes of WW2 are complex but were a direct result of aggression by fascist states,,,"

Excuse me!!!

The Japs didn't do anything that Britain and France hadn't already done to Asia. The so-called democratic countries of Britain and France weren't trying to save the world from tyranny; they were trying to save their tyranny from the world. They had their piece of the pie, the natural resources of Asia, and how dare Japan try to muscle in.

Then again it could just be that China was defending itself from Japan.

Far be it for you to assume 20 or so million people died for British interests in China.

Originally posted by misysvienna

Slavery still exists.

I don't know. Not the U.S., our president actually exists and isn't a racist. Homophobia isn't a real word. There is no such thing as a clinical fear of homosexuals.

tough questions

Easy answers.

Slavery still exists.

Limiting to just nations of White-European culture, Cuba was last.

Before that was Pueto Rico.

Before that Holland.

Before that the U.S.

All non-Western nations followed after Cuba.

So if you "hinting" at something with the U.S., your history lessons are in need of a refresher.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Slavery still exists.

I don't know. Not the U.S., our president actually exists and isn't a racist. Homophobia isn't a real word. There is no such thing as a clinical fear of homosexuals.

LOL, I thought these were "tough questions"?

You make the answers look so easy, dear Comrade General Zhukov.

Originally posted by nbdysfu

Vietnam...yes you did really well there didn't you?

Yes, our military did very well, as usual. They conducted themselves admirably and honorably in the vast majority of cases, as they always have. We never lost a major battle. The Tet Offensive was a devstating military defeat for the North Vietnamese. We lost just under 60,000; the North Vietnamese lost over two million.

Conversely, ever heard of Dienbienphu?

Yes president bush is a racist. Homophobic is a word whether clinical or not, the point is he discriminates against them. He discriminates against ethnic minorities, (one of his chief government officials deeply discriminates against women- maybe this doesn't bother you - but it should!)

Before you defend him here - shouldn't you bear in mind how many people he put in prison after 9/11 despite their innocence, based entirely on their ethnic background?

He appears to want to rid people of their rights- and is extremely prejudiced. Mr Bush is doing many things the same way as Hitler did. Which I would call fascist- what about you?

Thanks for the history advice but i'm ok- my point (yes, it was vague) was that the USA had many issues with slavery and rights for black people- they were discriminated against for a long time.

Iraq is George Bush jnr's Vietnam. There has been racism on TV in America for ages! Couples seen on TV have been predominanlty of one origin. You can't deny that.

Have you ignored these facts or do you agree with G.W.Bush?

Originally posted by Zhukov
Yes, our military did very well, as usual. They conducted themselves admirably and honorably in the vast majority of cases, as they always have. We never lost a major battle. The Tet Offensive was a devstating military defeat for the North Vietnamese. We lost just under 60,000; the North Vietnamese lost over two million.

Conversely, ever heard of Dienbienphu?

(Raises hand)

I did! Pick me. Me, me, me!

yes i have heard of Dien Bien Phu- what is your point? im not french - have you heard of the My Lai massacre? have you heard of the students shot for protesting against the war? Have you got any idea of the things that happened in vietnam? chemical warfare?!!

And by the way- you left Vietnam because you were losing- something you never thought you could do and because it became increasingly obvious how wrong the war was.

Yes president bush is a racist. Homophobic is a word whether clinical or not, the point is he discriminates against them. He discriminates against ethnic minorities, (one of his chief government officials deeply discriminates against women- maybe this doesn't bother you - but it should!)

Why because of Gay marriage legislated by the State? Which was just made legal in one? Please tell us.

(one of his chief government officials IS A WOMAN - AND TWO ARE BLACK. Maybe this doesn't impress you - but it should!)

Before you defend him here - shouldn't you bear in mind how many people he put in prison after 9/11 despite their innocence, based entirely on their ethnic background?

WHITE people were also held, so you are wrong.

It's based entirely on their ties to terrorist training and contacts.

Via the Patriot act of CONGRESS.

He appears to want to rid people of their rights- and is extremely prejudiced. Mr Bush is doing many things the same way as Hitler did. Which I would call fascist- what about you?

Abolish other parties?

Suspend freedom of the press?

Create emergency powers overriding Congress?

Which? Or is it that "feeling" again. FACTS please.

Thanks for the history advice but i'm ok- my point (yes, it was vague) was that the USA had many issues with slavery and rights for black people- they were discriminated against for a long time.

True, but in some northern States, it among THE FIRST PLACES ON EARTH where slavery was abolished. That we had a REAL WAR to force the southern states to do so as well, and had it 100% eliminated before 90% of the world could, means zero to you. Which disturbs me deeply.

Iraq is George Bush jnr's Vietnam. There has been racism on TV in America for ages! Couples seen on TV have been predominanlty of one origin. You can't deny that.

Yes I can!

Have you ignored these facts or do you agree with G.W.Bush?

Is that an either or thing?

How about I KNOW MY FACTS, and I AGREE.

I and Zhukov are OBVIOUSLY the ones giving facts TO YOU.

Yes president bush is a racist.

Would a racist trust a black woman to be his closest advisor on national security issues?

Would a racist appoint a black man to represent his country to the world?

Homophobic is a word whether clinical or not, the point is he discriminates against them.

Proof?

He discriminates against ethnic minorities, (one of his chief government officials deeply discriminates against women- maybe this doesn't bother you - but it should!)

Proof?

And how many innocent people did he put in prison because of their ethnic background? Please provide a reputable source.

Which I would call fascist- what about you?

I would not equate our President with Adolf Hitler.

And?

This country fought the bloodiest war in its history to rid itself of the evil of slavery.

Iraq is George Bush jnr's Vietnam.

If it goes on for 9 more years, Saddam Hussein comes back to power, and 58,000 more of our soldiers die I might agree with that silly statement.

There has been racism on TV in America for ages! Couples seen on TV have been predominanlty of one origin. You can't deny that.

Ever watch the UPN? My wife and Kids is one of the most popular sitcoms today. The Cosby Show is one of the most popular shows EVER. Black people represent about 17% of the American population, and are probably over represented on TV as a percentage of time.

Have you ignored these facts or do you agree with G.W.Bush? [/B]

What facts? I haven't seen any yet.

Forum List

Back