I cried tonight watching this doc on the 1950's

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
This country, this beautiful confused brilliant country has gone through hell and back so many many many times and yet, we've always managed to keep afloat and not destroy from within. The 1950's gave us our highways, our new schools, the first trip to outspace, tv, civil wrongs made right with intergration and it gave us rock and roll. I cried watching so many black people suffer at the hands of white southerners, I cried watching w people marvel at Elvis, I cried seeing cars zoom down freshly created highways, all those tears I cried wasn't for the past, its over and done with, but for a future my grandchildren will have to endure because once again, white people, always white people will make their lives difficult because white people never learn.

America, we are a proud and glorious people, but for some sad sick sad sad reason, southern whites refuse to learn from its past and embrace a future that could possibly turn their miserable racist lives into something wonderful, if only they would let go and let God and all these brilliant generations show them the way. The south should have been let go centuries ago, these people simple are too ignorant for words and nothing can penetrate the brain of a southern fool, nothing.

This country, this beautiful confused brilliant country has gone through hell and back so many many many times and yet, we've always managed to keep afloat and not destroy from within. The 1950's gave us our highways, our new schools, the first trip to outspace, tv, civil wrongs made right with intergration and it gave us rock and roll. I cried watching so many black people suffer at the hands of white southerners, I cried watching w people marvel at Elvis, I cried seeing cars zoom down freshly created highways, all those tears I cried wasn't for the past, its over and done with, but for a future my grandchildren will have to endure because once again, white people, always white people will make their lives difficult because white people never learn.

America, we are a proud and glorious people, but for some sad sick sad sad reason, southern whites refuse to learn from its past and embrace a future that could possibly turn their miserable racist lives into something wonderful, if only they would let go and let God and all these brilliant generations show them the way. The south should have been let go centuries ago, these people simple are too ignorant for words and nothing can penetrate the brain of a southern fool, nothing.

Well you seem like a straight bigot.

Congrats I guess

• Banned

Congrats I guess

I'm not a bigot, although I dispise whites, lets just say right winged whites, feel better, moron

• Banned
How can anybody love a race of people, ie white people that constantly raise hell on the planet with so much blessings from mankind? Negro's got a reason to act up, what the hell is yall's?

You’re a babbling idiot. Southern whites are no more racist than blacks are nationwide.

Congrats I guess

I'm not a bigot, although I dispise whites, lets just say right winged whites, feel better, moron

I'm not a bigot, although I dispise whites

Self-refuting

I don't expect you to understand what that means. Not because you're black. Because you're not all that bright.

How can anybody love a race of people, ie white people that constantly raise hell on the planet with so much blessings from mankind? Negro's got a reason to act up, what the hell is yall's?

Well my soul is not sick.

Like yours.

Why do “ negro’s” have a reason to act up? Got all the free $$$ for housing, food, education, phone, medical care. They are allowed to whine, and cry about everything in our society wether it’s a march in the street or in the media. I don’t get it?

Guess it’s that time of morning when the nurse at the mental ward lets you play on her computer.

Fuck off.

Let me guess, you don't live in the south.

I like this documentary from the '50s.

bert-turtle-duck-cover.jpg

Why do “ negro’s” have a reason to act up? Got all the free $$$ for housing, food, education, phone, medical care. They are allowed to whine, and cry about everything in our society wether it’s a march in the street or in the media. I don’t get it?
Mr. Bush, I think your attitude about 'negro's ' free stuff is a little off. 'Negros' were the last to get hired and paid less. so their choices about the dole were limited. I am reminded of how European Jews were not allowed to own farms or businesses and forced to live in ghettos where the gates were closed at night and they better not get caught outside the gates after dark. The only employment left to them was moneylending..so they got a reputation of being greedy that was forced on them. I also recall reading about the 1927 Mississippi flood where levee workers were provided meager meals and it is reported that the 'Negro' crews were not allowed to have canned peaches because it was a food above their station in life and it would 'spoil' them to get a taste of white folks food.

After generations of living on a meager dole, many "Negros' got used to it, sure. Lord Byron, I think it was, wrote about a man forced to become a bootblack and then was put down because of his occupation. The resentment built over the generations wont go away overnight. We on all sides need an attitude adjustment and understanding. We are all reaping what our fathers sowed.

READ:
"It's 2:30am and I can't sleep...I think I will start bitching about white people a little early, maybe that will help me sleep".
Maybe I will even feel like looking for a job tomorrow...
Nah...

Mr. Bush, I think your attitude about 'negro's ' free stuff is a little off. 'Negros' were the last to get hired and paid less. so their choices about the dole were limited. I am reminded of how European Jews were not allowed to own farms or businesses and forced to live in ghettos where the gates were closed at night and they better not get caught outside the gates after dark. The only employment left to them was moneylending..so they got a reputation of being greedy that was forced on them. I also recall reading about the 1927 Mississippi flood where levee workers were provided meager meals and it is reported that the 'Negro' crews were not allowed to have canned peaches because it was a food above their station in life and it would 'spoil' them to get a taste of white folks food.

After generations of living on a meager dole, many "Negros' got used to it, sure. Lord Byron, I think it was, wrote about a man forced to become a bootblack and then was put down because of his occupation. The resentment built over the generations wont go away overnight. We on all sides need an attitude adjustment and understanding. We are all reaping what our fathers sowed.

The op is attacking whites of the south for bringing back slavery.

That is not a reasonable position. We can't work with that. THAT IS INSANE.

It has not been a single night. We have been working on understanding, and healing for generations, and it seems to be getting WORSE, not better.

Ignoring this issue, is not going to fix it. Making excuses for crazy behavior is not going to fix it.

Forum List

Back