I could prove Catholicism is true, but you would reject the evidence.

Wow. Thanks for nuthin'... What was that? An X-Files promo? "The truth is out there..."

You were able to find your last cut and paste easily enough, weren't you? Here's something I don't get. Why are people so interested in digging up falsehoods about Catholicism, but lose interest when there is an opportunity to pursue the truth?

The true history of Catholicism is interesting--for Catholics, kind of like personal family history is interesting to family members. However, I wouldn't start anyone out on history, but rather how the Catholic faith can be valuable in someone's present day--everyday--personal life. While history is valuable in hearing about God, simply reading history is no way to live one's life. History is interesting. Hearing about God is interesting. Instead of pursuing history, I recommend pursuing an experience/relationship with God.

The reason I find the Catholic faith so valuable is because it dropped me into the lap of God. It brought me closer to God--and given my life more meaning--than any other faith has been able to. Doesn't mean I don't learn a lot and gain so much joy and wisdom from the Old Testament and in reading some rabbis and Jewish scholars. In fact, I would rather pursue the Jewish faith and teachings than many the teachings of many non-Catholic Christian denominations.

I mean believing in fairies can be valuable in someone's present day--everyday--personal life. Especially if they're prepared to clap their hands.

Last edited:
It seems Catholics have a similar reluctance.

Catholics have gone over these points over and over and over and over. Check the threads on this site alone and you will see this. Yet the same old witless material keeps resurfacing--usually in the same deluge cut and paste form as presented in Post #4.

Catholics enjoy discussing their faith, but all too often what people want to discuss and justify is their own intolerance and prejudices against the Catholic faith.

I mean believing in fairies can be valuable in someone's present day--everyday--personal life. Especially if they're prepared to clap their hands.

You are now indulging in logical fallacy. We're not talking about peoples experiences with fairies but with God. Comparisons are always fault at some point, but some are more fallacious than others.

You are now indulging in logical fallacy. We're not talking about peoples experiences with fairies but with God. Comparisons are always fault at some point, but some are more fallacious than others.
No, we're discussing supernatural beings for which no evidence is offered beyond assertions of faith. Which fits the case of both gods and fairies.

Precisely. Which is why Post #4 has no business in this thread.
It would appear to have complete relevance when it comes to the truth of the history of church ritual.

What truths are you avoiding discussing?

I'll accept the truth that people take comfort from Catholicism, no worries. Is that all there is?

No, we're discussing supernatural beings for which no evidence is offered beyond assertions of faith. Which fits the case of both gods and fairies.

If I were to counter with the comparison of, 'No watch without a watchmaker', some would call, "Logical fallacy." It works both ways.

Evidence only works for physical matter. Fairies are said to be physical, yet there is no physical evidence to support that. God is a spiritual being, so naturally there is going to be no physical evidence.

It would appear to have complete relevance when it comes to the truth of the history of church ritual.

What truths are you avoiding discussing?

I'll accept the truth that people take comfort from Catholicism, no worries. Is that all there is?

What comfort is that?

What there is, is the reality of God.

Certainly not a bashing thread. What's wrong with discussing Catholicism? It has a very, very, long and deep history.

Admiration is not bashing. Some people may not think about it much but if a religion is fabricated that makes it even more fantastic than if it were true. Let's assume Mormonism was totally made up by Joseph Smith. Holy Bat man!!! Look what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has become in less than 200 years. If God really chose Joseph Smith to restore the Church of Jesus Christ then it would be boring to see what the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has accomplished. If God is involved then of course it will be successful and big. If God isn't involved then wowzer weezers. Some of these phoney religions have become amazing and miraculous. That's why I get confused when atheist hate religion. That should be more impressed than the believers.

If I were to counter with the comparison of, 'No watch without a watchmaker', some would call, "Logical fallacy." It works both ways.

Evidence only works for physical matter. Fairies are said to be physical, yet there is no physical evidence to support that. God is a spiritual being, so naturally there is going to be no physical evidence.
Just as there is no physical evidence for fairies.

If God is involved then of course it will be successful and big. If God isn't involved then wowzer weezers. Some of these phoney religions have become amazing and miraculous. That's why I get confused when atheist hate religion. That should be more impressed than the believers.
What a self contradictory load.

Just as there is no physical evidence for fairies.

There is no physical evidence for fairies because fairies are imaginary. No one would expects to find physical evidence for that which is imaginary.

However, God is not imaginary. He is spiritual. Because He is spiritual, not physical, people do who look for physical evidence of God are doomed to be disappointed. That would be like looking for a stalagmite on a pine tree. You look for stalagmites in caves where they might be found, not on pine trees where there is no chance they will be found. God is found in the spiritual realm, not the physical.

None of this addresses the 'truth' of Catholicism.

Certainly it does. The truth and the purpose of Catholicism is to teach people about God and His ways so that they might draw closer to Him.

Certainly it does. The truth and the purpose of Catholicism is to teach people about God and His ways so that they might draw closer to Him.
Fair enough, no one can say Catholicism is not as true as Peter Pan. Nor that people do not draw as much comfort from it.

Forum List

Back