I Can Just Imagine How Difficult It Must Be For A Domestic Worker In The Middle East. I Think We Ar

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can just imagine how difficult it must be for a domestic worker in the Middle East. I think we are all aware that domestic workers don't have it easy any place in the world, but in the Middle East many are treated terribly. Even though the title has been changed, I don't think these workers will have it any better.

Mixed reactions to changing ā€˜servantā€™ to ā€˜domestic helperā€™ ā€“ Efforts needed to protect workersā€™ basic rights

Muna Al-Fuzai

KUWAIT: The Cabinet recently approved a decree to officially change the job title of household workers from ā€œservantā€ to ā€œdomestic workersā€ in all its official documents and transactions. The term will be in use as soon as all official government documents have been changed throughout Kuwait. The number of domestic helpers in Kuwait stands at 682,000, according to the General Department of Residency, or approximately two domestic helpers for each Kuwaiti family.

According to the Cabinet, this term is internationally recognized and acceptable for this sector. Some local recruitment agency owners praised the government on this move. ā€œItā€™s about time. Servant is a very lowly title which affects the treatment of people,ā€ said agency owner Rasmiya. ā€œChanging the title could help understand the nature of these peopleā€™s jobs. Domestic helpers are here to help get the job done. They are here to work and earn money so they could feed their families, so I hope changes in attitude towards them will likewise follow,ā€ another recruitment agency owner said.

Continue reading at:

Mixed reactions to changing servant to domestic helper - Efforts needed to protect workers basic rights - Kuwait Times Kuwait Times?

I can just imagine how difficult it must be for a domestic worker in the Middle East. I think we are all aware that domestic workers don't have it easy any place in the world, but in the Middle East many are treated terribly. Even though the title has been changed, I don't think these workers will have it any better.

Mixed reactions to changing ā€˜servantā€™ to ā€˜domestic helperā€™ ā€“ Efforts needed to protect workersā€™ basic rights

Muna Al-Fuzai

KUWAIT: The Cabinet recently approved a decree to officially change the job title of household workers from ā€œservantā€ to ā€œdomestic workersā€ in all its official documents and transactions. The term will be in use as soon as all official government documents have been changed throughout Kuwait. The number of domestic helpers in Kuwait stands at 682,000, according to the General Department of Residency, or approximately two domestic helpers for each Kuwaiti family.

According to the Cabinet, this term is internationally recognized and acceptable for this sector. Some local recruitment agency owners praised the government on this move. ā€œItā€™s about time. Servant is a very lowly title which affects the treatment of people,ā€ said agency owner Rasmiya. ā€œChanging the title could help understand the nature of these peopleā€™s jobs. Domestic helpers are here to help get the job done. They are here to work and earn money so they could feed their families, so I hope changes in attitude towards them will likewise follow,ā€ another recruitment agency owner said.

Continue reading at:

Mixed reactions to changing servant to domestic helper - Efforts needed to protect workers basic rights - Kuwait Times Kuwait Times?

You have the answer to make her life easier, bomb them. Then she won't have any problems.

Muna Al-Fuzai

Continue reading at:

You have the answer to make her life easier, bomb them. Then she won't have any problems.

Isn't Fatima here a hoot? Just a short while ago she said she was putting me on Ignore. I guess we can always count on a little taqiyya around here.
Meanwhile, has anyone seen Fatima complaining about when her friends were busy murdering those in Iraq, where women were giving their children their blood because Fatima's friends were starving them out. Then Fatima was very, very silent. Only now she is getting up on step. I wonder if ISIS has given Fatima one of the women they captured as slaves. After all, a busy working woman with all the time in the world to post on forums from morning to night must have someone keeping house for her.

Forum List

Back