I called it, Trump now being labeled a "Tin-Pot dictator"

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Mediaite

by Josh Feldman | 9:01 am, February 19th, 2017

Congressman Adam Schiff reacted to President Trump‘s tweet about the media being the “enemy” as the stuff of tin-pot dictators.

In a preview clip released for his appearance on ABC’s This Week today, Schiff told Jon Karl, “Of all the things he has said since he’s become president… this was the most devastating and the most alarming.”

“This is something that you hear tin-pot dictators say,” Schiff said, “when they want to control all of the information. It’s not something you have ever heard a President of the United States say. Not even Nixon went there, and it is deeply concerning. I hope it is repudiated by people from both parties.”

Senator John McCain reacted yesterday to Trump’s tweet by also invoking “dictators” clamping down on the press.

Mod Edit: No direct linking to other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time someone told the media to stop thumping their chests and act right

Congressman Adam Schiff reacted to President Trump‘s tweet about the media being the “enemy” as the stuff of tin-pot dictators.
Golly! A lib didn't like it? Hold the presses!

“From forty years' experience of the wretched guess-work of the newspapers of what is not done in open daylight, and of their falsehood even as to that, I rarely think them worth reading, and almost never worth notice.”

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”

“As for what is not true, you will always find abundance in the newspapers.”

“A coalition of sentiments is not for the interest of printers… [T]he printers can never leave us in a state of perfect rest and union of opinion. They would be no longer useful and would have to go to the plough.”

"I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time…”

“The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.”

“From a very early period of my life, I had laid it down as a rule of conduct, never to write a word for the public papers.”

– Thomas Jefferson.

str3mql.jpg

“From forty years' experience of the wretched guess-work of the newspapers of what is not done in open daylight, and of their falsehood even as to that, I rarely think them worth reading, and almost never worth notice.”

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”

“A coalition of sentiments is not for the interest of printers… [T]he printers can never leave us in a state of perfect rest and union of opinion. They would be no longer useful and would have to go to the plough.”

"I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time…”

nice link pilgrim

“The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.”

“From a very early period of my life, I had laid it down as a rule of conduct, never to write a word for the public papers.”

– Thomas Jefferson.

– Thomas Jefferson.

upload_2017-2-19_8-59-3.png

Looks like it was said this year.

– Thomas Jefferson.

View attachment 113159

Looks like it was said this year.
That guy was a white slave owner. Far worse obviously than slave owners with darker shades of hue.

So, whatever he ever said at any time does not count.

That feeling when everyone says Trump is a tin-pot-dictator and you're mad because he actually isn't one, but you wish he was.

ety93p.png

Forum List

Back