"I am not telling you how to vote, but ... "

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
Wal-Mart may be walking a fine legal line by holding meetings with its store department heads that link politics with a strong antiunion message. Federal election rules permit companies to advocate for specific political candidates to its executives, stockholders and salaried managers, but not to hourly employees. While store managers are on salary, department supervisors are hourly workers.

Wal-Mart Warns of Democratic Win - WSJ.com

Last edited:
Walmart is run by right wing nuts from Arkansas.

And the stuff they sell is crap.

The big guys, your employers and bosses, try to get you to do what they want - even to vote for the candidate that they want!?! :eek: Really? You don't say. No offence but this is one of those no-brainers. Of course it is illegal and unethical, but it happens. If you want to maintain employment, then go with the flow, don't rock the boat. If you see any mischief, just keep your mouth shut and you won't get into trouble. :eusa_shhh: That is just the way things work.

70% of Walmart's products are made in China.

If you were running a company that big, you wouldn't buy the cheapest products you could?

I'm all for American made products, but until we start manufacturing products that can compete with China's on the global market, where else do you EXPECT companies to go?

20walmart_span.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/20/us/politics/20walmart.html

Couldn't have anything to do with the Queen of Arkansas Nutcase that didn't win the Democratic nomination, ..... now could it :confused:

The big guys, your employers and bosses, try to get you to do what they want - even to vote for the candidate that they want!?! :eek: Really? You don't say. No offence but this is one of those no-brainers. Of course it is illegal and unethical, but it happens. If you want to maintain employment, then go with the flow, don't rock the boat. If you see any mischief, just keep your mouth shut and you won't get into trouble. :eusa_shhh: That is just the way things work.

Well except for the whole "private" vote thing, No one can know how you voted. You can vote for the God of War and say you voted for McCain and No one will ever know.

20walmart_span.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/20/us/politics/20walmart.html

Couldn't have anything to do with the Queen of Arkansas Nutcase that didn't win the Democratic nomination, ..... now could it :confused:

Interesting phraseology. I hope you achieved in your life what she has, but whatever.....

As for the whole walmart thing, why wouldn't they support someone who will continue with an FTC that allows in cheap chinese products contaminated with lead?

Shocking, eh?

If you were running a company that big, you wouldn't buy the cheapest products you could?

I'm all for American made products, but until we start manufacturing products that can compete with China's on the global market, where else do you EXPECT companies to go?

Yeah.. aint slave labor grande.. douchebag...

No. Sam Walton built that company on selling American-made products. His original vision and service have become a mockery of what they were.

Money buys a lot of things, but it can't buy integrity. It can only buy a lack thereof.

When I'm forced to trot over into one of these big box stores, I make sure to use a credit card so the company will have to pay for the fees, and then I tip the baggers and cashier. It makes me feel better. :eusa_shifty:

costco and southwest air are union and seem to be doing ok.

I just heard mccain say what he would do WHEN we lose our jobs. damn. I just assume not lose my job. lol.

Walmart is run by right wing nuts from Arkansas.

And the stuff they sell is crap.

You guys are hilarous in your hypocrisy. You piss and moan about how hard it is for the poor and making ends meet while chastising Wal-Mart for a business model that reduces the financial burden on said group.

You guys are hilarous in your hypocrisy. You piss and moan about how hard it is for the poor and making ends meet while chastising Wal-Mart for a business model that reduces the financial burden on said group.

That's simply because Walmart doesn't pay enough, and offer enough benefits to people for unskilled labor. It's always someone elses fault; never the people refusing to get off their asses and do better.

Reduces the financial burden? By selling crappy merchandise and paying low wages?

Target is a better value, and they are Democrats.

Reduces the financial burden? By selling crappy merchandise and paying low wages?

Target is a better value, and they are Democrats.

Walmart does not have crappy merchandise. If they did they would not be as big as they are. But then you live your life in a fantasy world anyway, so you believe what you want.

That's simply because Walmart doesn't pay enough, and offer enough benefits to people for unskilled labor. It's always someone elses fault; never the people refusing to get off their asses and do better.

I know people who work at Walmart and I don't think 10 bucks an hour for running a cash register is low pay.

Well except for the whole "private" vote thing, No one can know how you voted. You can vote for the God of War and say you voted for McCain and No one will ever know.

You right cats are proof that even the smartest and saneist of people can be easily duped and manipulated using the right techniques of coersion... Its actually almost worth getting a job there just to see how much pressure they put on their employees to vote in any particular way...

You right cats are proof that even the smartest and saneist of people can be easily duped and manipulated using the right techniques of coersion... Its actually almost worth getting a job there just to see how much pressure they put on their employees to vote in any particular way...

Again, explain how a SECRET ballot can be monitored?

Forum List

Back