I Am Looking For Some Books on the Insurance Industry Would Like Suggestions

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am looking for four categories of books;

1. Pro ACA books

2. Opposed ACA books

3. Books on a thorough overview of the insurance industry and how it is regulated and provided oversight at the state level.

4. Books critical of the insurance industry in general but also provide concrete specific issues witht he insurance industry.

Any and all recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Most states have an insurance commission that may be your best bet on how each state regulates their insurance as it varies. I think Idaho has one of the best laws on the book. If an insurance company fails to pay an insured for their losses they are liable up to something like 100% times the amount of the loss. It cuts down on insurance companies trying to fraud the customers or jack them around with bogus bs. Also there are so many types of insurance boo would have a lot of aspects on the different things that are called insurance or fall into the insurance categories, medical, house, life, bonds, wc and so on.

Most states have an insurance commission that may be your best bet on how each state regulates their insurance as it varies. I think Idaho has one of the best laws on the book. If an insurance company fails to pay an insured for their losses they are liable up to something like 100% times the amount of the loss. It cuts down on insurance companies trying to fraud the customers or jack them around with bogus bs. Also there are so many types of insurance boo would have a lot of aspects on the different things that are called insurance or fall into the insurance categories, medical, house, life, bonds, wc and so on.

Here in Virginia we have a state insurance oversight group and there is a 'bad faith' civil suit that can run into millions if the jury thinks the insurance company needs a spanking.

Forum List

Back