I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

I like your spunk. Where do you post all of your prophecies? Id like a few more laughs with my Sunday night drinks.

(honestly, who do you think will beat him?)

AGain, God bless America and Obama will win again in 2012. He does not have a palin he is running against, but he has some pretty close comparisons.

Honestly, I believe he is beatable. If you don't then you're out of step with the rest of us. Obama is not a fucking Don.

Then please enlighten us with your pick as to who could beat him. I liked you as the OP. You laid out pretty much what I think of the gop choices and how they cant win.

Who do you think could possibly beat Obama in 2012 from the choices you put up or perhaps someone who could join the race this late and still win (a hail mary so to speak.)

Again, please name who you think could beat Obama in 2012. This person's name should be interesting. (and laughable according to your original post). By the way, great first post though.

(honestly, who do you think will beat him?)

AGain, God bless America and Obama will win again in 2012. He does not have a palin he is running against, but he has some pretty close comparisons.

Honestly, I believe he is beatable. If you don't then you're out of step with the rest of us. Obama is not a fucking Don.

Then please enlighten us with your pick as to who could beat him. I liked you as the OP. You laid out pretty much what I think of the gop choices and how they cant win.

Who do you think could possibly beat Obama in 2012 from the choices you put up or perhaps someone who could join the race this late and still win (a hail mary so to speak.)

Again, please name who you think could beat Obama in 2012. This person's name should be interesting. (and laughable according to your original post). By the way, great first post though.

While I may not be happy with the overall choices I have or that our party seems to be drifting aimlessly left that doesn't mean they can't win. And despite me being disgruntled with my choices I could just as easily be wrong and a leader of men could emerge. Although I doubt it. Many wrote Reagan off as I have many of our candidates and he was a fine president after all.

Newt, if truly a changed man as he insists could fit the bill. Otherwise it will boil down to who is the worst and vote for the other.

Newt may be a spiritually changed man, though serial adultery and serial monogamy testify against that.

Politically he will run the U.S.S. America onto the rocks if he is elected.

A reason exists why almost every last one of the freshman crop of 1994 congressmen will not endorse him.

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.
you can vote always for the commy in chief !!

That's blasphemous talk there son.

Not blasphemous...just idiotic. Obama is no more of a commie than you or I.

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.
Come On Granpa,I told YOU that they were/are a complete pack of Morons,more fit to run a Public Toilet,than the USA......No none of them will do.....they are just attempting to be Brand New,they are merely glitzst up Second Hand..Americans deserve better.:cool:

Last edited:

WTF

Go with Paul.

WTF

Come On Granpa,I told YOU that they were/are a complete pack of Morons,more fit to run a Public Toilet,than the USA......No none of them will do.....they are just attempting to be Brand New,they are merely glitzst up Second Hand..Americans deserve better.:cool:

I think you're way underestimating Romney.

He was endorsed by Christine O'Donnell.

That says quite a bit.

Newt may be a spiritually changed man, though serial adultery and serial monogamy testify against that.

A reason exists why almost every last one of the freshman crop of 1994 congressmen will not endorse him.

Because they've been told if they do, they won't get support from the GOP National Committee?

Guy, do you really think that by ripping whoever is threatening Romney this week, you are going to get us to love Romney? Really?

Because they've been told if they do, they won't get support from the GOP National Committee? Guy, do you really think that by ripping whoever is threatening Romney this week, you are going to get us to love Romney? Really?

Silly statement you can't even give evidence for. Guy, do you really think that any one here recognizes your religious bigotry for any more than the sizzling in your head?

WTF

I think you're way underestimating Romney.

He was endorsed by Christine O'Donnell.

That says quite a bit.
Sorry I can't agree,as he flip-flops all over the place,as I said you need a real stateman/woman and I'm afraid there are none it seems,who else do you think could do the job,difficult that it is,because whatever people say about Obama,he received a poison chalice,and not forgetting all these wannabees were there encouraging and supporting the ineffectual George W,in the latter years of his Presidency.???just asking theliq:cool: Americans deserve the very BEST and these ain't that

Last edited:
Jon Huntsman is the very best qualified among the right of center GOP, but he is not far enough right to pick up the loonies necessary to succeed in the primaries.

Jon Huntsman is the very best qualified among the right of center GOP, but he is not far enough right to pick up the loonies necessary to succeed in the primaries.

Its a shame too. He's what most in the GOP say they want but of course, what they say and how they vote are often two different things. Its like that with all political parties and politicians.

Because they've been told if they do, they won't get support from the GOP National Committee? Guy, do you really think that by ripping whoever is threatening Romney this week, you are going to get us to love Romney? Really?

Silly statement you can't even give evidence for. Guy, do you really think that any one here recognizes your religious bigotry for any more than the sizzling in your head?

I have to wonder who authorized you to speak for "anyone else" here.

Why don't you answer the question. Why hasn't your boy ever broken the 25% ceiling?

Answer- because no one really wants him.

Now, I know that the GOP Establishment may be able to bully him into the nomination. Or maybe we'll get lucky and have a brokered convention. But it's not how you win, man.

22% of Americans will not vote for a Mormon. Obama will win a second term easily.

I have to wonder who authorized you to speak for "anyone else" here.

Why don't you answer the question. Why hasn't your boy ever broken the 25% ceiling?

Answer- because no one really wants him.

Now, I know that the GOP Establishment may be able to bully him into the nomination. Or maybe we'll get lucky and have a brokered convention. But it's not how you win, man.

22% of Americans will not vote for a Mormon. Obama will win a second term easily.

With the same authority when you "speak" for the masses, silly one. I do agree thst if nominate and run anyone but Mitt that Obama will win easily.

You speak only for the religious lunacy in your head.

The fascinating thing to me is why, when the Dems are running a clearly vulnerable candidate, so many would-be GOP candidates have shied away.

People like Christie, Ryan, Daniels and Jeb (more on him in a moment) should have been beating down the doors to get a crack at the nomination. Yet they've all stayed on the sidelines. As an Independent, I find that a little, uh, weird.

Now, back to Jeb. I notice his piece Capitalism and the Right to Rise in the WSJ this morning. Hmm. I wonder if he's poking his head out, just in case?

Judging by the crop of current candidates.

The GOP isn't interested in the 2012 election.

They already know that Obama will get a second term.

So they are willing to set back and wait for 2016 :doubt:

With the same authority when you "speak" for the masses, silly one. I do agree thst if nominate and run anyone but Mitt that Obama will win easily.

You speak only for the religious lunacy in your head.

I quote polls, man.

Polls say 22% won't vote for a Mormon.

Why do you think the Liberal MSM is so hot to get Romney, to the point where MSNBC is sending out Chris Matthews to apologize to the guy. (Nothing to apologize for, the report was accurate. He did recycle a Ku Klu Klan slogan.)

Becaue they know after he gets the nomination, all they have to do is run "Mormons sure are crazy" stories, and he's pretty much done.

you know, you RINO's are like special retards. It's like you didn't learn a fucking thing from 2008 and letting the left pick our candidates. The very fact that the left wing media is praising Romney should be a HUGE red flag this guy is toxic.

Oh. The Liberal MSM and Jakes' second choice. Jon Huntsman. Go figure.

The fascinating thing to me is why, when the Dems are running a clearly vulnerable candidate, so many would-be GOP candidates have shied away.

People like Christie, Ryan, Daniels and Jeb (more on him in a moment) should have been beating down the doors to get a crack at the nomination. Yet they've all stayed on the sidelines. As an Independent, I find that a little, uh, weird.

Now, back to Jeb. I notice his piece Capitalism and the Right to Rise in the WSJ this morning. Hmm. I wonder if he's poking his head out, just in case?

I think Jeb is keeping his powder dry for 2016. I think he knows Romney is a sure fire loser, but the GOP doesn't want to win in 2012. The problems aren't going to be easily solved, better to let Obama take the heat.

I also think Jeb learned that it takes about 8 years to get people to forget what a numbnut a Bush in the White House was.

I also think a lot of GOP candidates didn't want to run against Obama because they don't want to be painted as the evil white guy trying to steal the presidency from the first black man to "earn" it.

I think Jeb is keeping his powder dry for 2016. I think he knows Romney is a sure fire loser, but the GOP doesn't want to win in 2012. The problems aren't going to be easily solved, better to let Obama take the heat.

I also think Jeb learned that it takes about 8 years to get people to forget what a numbnut a Bush in the White House was.

I also think a lot of GOP candidates didn't want to run against Obama because they don't want to be painted as the evil white guy trying to steal the presidency from the first black man to "earn" it.

Yeah, this makes more sense to me than anything else I've seen.

Forum List

Back