I Am Athiest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has absolutely zero to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The wealthy, other than religious leaders, do not get rich off of donations.

True, but republican politicians become wealthy by pandering to evangelical fundamentalists who put them in office where they become the beneficiaries of the wealthy lobbyists.

And Democrats remain poor.

"I Am Athiest.."

This guy is a sock!!! Coming in with blazing gun, blasting from both barrels is somewhat unusual. Driveling class envy right off the bat. No introduction, nothing.
So, tell me Campell… Envy much?

That has absolutely zero to do with the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer. The wealthy, other than religious leaders, do not get rich off of donations.

True, but republican politicians become wealthy by pandering to evangelical fundamentalists who put them in office where they become the beneficiaries of the wealthy lobbyists.

How many Dem politicians pander shamelessly to the evangelical fundamentalists in order to be elected?

How many Dem politicians pander shamelessly to the evangelical fundamentalists in order to be elected?
I don't know. Do you have the number handy? If so, please let me know what it is. Thanks. ..........But, still, the OP being an atheist has absolutely nothing to do with economics, poverty, wealth, nor the gap between the rich and the poor.

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Dr. Albert Einstein(posted in the NY Times in 1955 at the time of his death)
Again, what does the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, have to do with you being an atheist?

Nothing.....I was an Atheist after I read the bible and the book of Mormon while I was a teenager. What a load of bullshit!

'course when you believe a book written 2000 years ago by folks who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat, shit on the ground and wiped on their hands what can one expect.

There was no such thing as paper till after 500AD and since it was first used in Asia.....DUUUH

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism."

Again, what does the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer, have to do with you being an atheist?

Nothing.....I was an Atheist after I read the bible and the book of Mormon while I was a teenager. What a load of bullshit!
Why mention it in the title to the thread? What you believe, or don't believe about GOD, has absolutely nothing to do with economics, wealth, poverty, or the gap between the rich and the poor.

Quoting some old dead white guy whose work was ultimately responsible for the killing of several hundred thousand civilians, and a Cold War that lasted 44 years?

Wow. Just wow.

'course when you believe a book written 2000 years ago by folks who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat, shit on the ground and wiped on their hands what can one expect.

There was no such thing as paper till after 500AD and since it was first used in Asia.....DUUUH

Quoting some old dead white guy whose work was ultimately responsible for the killing of several hundred thousand civilians, and a Cold War that lasted 44 years?

Wow. Just wow.

Einstein? Are you nuts??

Wow. Just wow.

Einstein? Are you nuts??

"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." - Albert Einstein, letter to Guy H. Raner Jr, July 2, 1945, responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert from atheism; quoted by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic, Vol. 5, No. 2

Wow. Just wow.

Einstein? Are you nuts??

I obviously do not understand how to reply in logical sequence. Oh well.....anybody who doesn't realize that Albert Einstein and Enrico Fermi came up with the atomic bomb and consequently have already ended at least two wars and prevented another four or five just don't understand nuclear fission and the massive power which is available because of it.

p191.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

Einstein wasn't a warmonger. Too bad you can't say that about the prior POTUS.

From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." -
From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest>>>that's the key to his statement. He was a jew. Not an atheist per se, but from the viewpoint of Christianity is an atheist.

p191.jpg
Wow!!! Are you serious? From a TV show? Deeply philosophical… wow...

p191.jpg

Attacking the source because you can't refute the truth?

.....................And I Despise Tax Cuts For The Upper 1%

When we had a middle class back in the 1950-1960 time frame a corporate executive earned about 50 times what a carpenter or plumber made. Now the elitist bastards make 400 times as much and know no shame. They set up a board of directors and tell them what they want. Then....they get it.

In the last thirty years the upper 10% of earners have increased their earnings by nearly 300% while the lower half of earners have remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

Something about that SUCKS!!!

Dear Campbell
I think this approach is set up backwards.
Instead of viewing it as the money made by people and businesses
"belonging to govt" and then refunding back credits to the earners,
why isn't it seen as people earning their own incomes and then either donating, investing or lending it into either charity or nonprofit business ventures that serve the community and public interests?

Otherwise it comes across as the govt being the slave master, owning and controlling
the labor and income earned by citizens, who have to pay up to 2/5 of these earnings to govt.
How is that not unlike the days of being 3/5 free and 2/5 slave and not owning our own labor?

Do you see how this comes across as an oppressive relationship?

What I found works better for morale and positive growth is rewarding people
for investing in cost effective development, where serving the needs and demands of others
creates jobs and productive enterprises, schools and businesses, charities and service organizations.

Why can't this be a process of REWARDING taxpayers for smart investments in building
schools, economy, medical facilities, etc. instead of punishing people by taking more and more money?

p191.jpg

Attacking the source because you can't refute the truth?
If you "study' Philosophy from sitcoms then have at it. It is your prerogative, do what fits your ideas, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back