Hydroponic Veggies

My outdoor plants are doing a lot better than the indoor hydroponic stuff.

For example; in my indoor thing, there is only two ripe tomatoes.

In my outdoor garden, I counted 134 just on one plant.

I'm already giving them away to a local church food kitchen down the street..
are both the outdoor and indoor guys HYDROPONIC?

I'm a prepper so I was ready for the pandemic.

The one shortfall I had was that I had to hit the grocery store for fresh vegetables in the winter. That bothered me a little bit. What if this would have been a more serious pandemic (which will likely happen eventually)?

I tend to eat a fresh garden salad with most of my meals. So I'm going to try to grow them indoors at home hydroponically so I can have them all year around. I'm going to try tomatoes, bell peppers and lettuce at first.

Any tips for indoor hydroponic vegetable gardening would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to hear of any personal experiences you've had with indoor vegetable gardening.
Darn, I was hoping you were going to provide some insight as I am interested in the subject as well. Good luck, I'll follow this thread.

oh gee-----so the hydroponics did not do well-----are they getting enough SUN ----or light?
I'm thinking that they don't have enough room or light.

The basil and the Thai basil are the ones that are growing the best.

Those are growing better than my outdoor plants in the Earth.

THANKS I have a strong desire to grow basil----I AM DELIGHTED TO KNOW that
a hydroponic approach works-----

I'm a prepper so I was ready for the pandemic.

The one shortfall I had was that I had to hit the grocery store for fresh vegetables in the winter. That bothered me a little bit. What if this would have been a more serious pandemic (which will likely happen eventually)?

I tend to eat a fresh garden salad with most of my meals. So I'm going to try to grow them indoors at home hydroponically so I can have them all year around. I'm going to try tomatoes, bell peppers and lettuce at first.

Any tips for indoor hydroponic vegetable gardening would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to hear of any personal experiences you've had with indoor vegetable gardening.
There is no single best way to grow hydroponic vegetables

If you have light and the fight temp and nutrients then lettuce is easy to grow

Try using the Kracky method

Been awhile since I posted so guess you've figured it out by now . You need at least 6 hr.s sun to grow fruits and vegetables well.
We are using the greenhouse now but only have a few plants in it.

There is no single best way to grow hydroponic vegetables

If you have light and the fight temp and nutrients then lettuce is easy to grow

Try using the Kracky method

The Kracky system is the one MHPGardener started off with ,good idea.

THANKS I have a strong desire to grow basil----I AM DELIGHTED TO KNOW that
a hydroponic approach works-----
When I am cooking meals for my family, I love basil in my tomato sauces that I use to make pizza, lasagna or spaghetti etc etc You've got to have basil.

And the Thai basil is sweeter.

I had never ever even heard of Thai basil until last year. But I like it now and use it in my cooking all the time. The Thai basil has a bit of a sweeter flavor than normal basil that's available in the local grocery store herbs and spices aisle.

Last edited:
They are kinda both,lol. Grew they in out greenhouse.In beginning though we had a small leanto upside the house we first used hydroponics.
You can use them indoors or out.
We made this reservour to use for floating net pots.
Mo if your thinking of doing this be sure and check on supplies ,supplies are harder to find now.

View attachment 507358
IMPRESSIVE!!

Thats good isn't it nice to see results? Plus we enjoy the bounty.
Yes it is very nice to get fresh veggies in NW Ohio in the middle of winter during a pandemic when you are trying to isolate as much as reasonably possible to avoid spreading the virus in places like grocery stores, just in case you happen to catch it and not know it.

Last edited:
Kracky may be the best so far

it cant get any simpler

Mac are you growing any root veggys like yams or sweet potatoes? I may end up going into the grocery and seeing if they have any organic yams or any sweet potatoes to stat now ,since it is a summer plant feed stores don't have them out yet.
I can buy grocery store yam and let it sprout and use it. If they didn't trat it thats why I say organic but may have to buy whatever I can find and hope for the best.

When I am cooking meals for my family, I love basil in my tomato sauces that I use to make pizza, lasagna or spaghetti etc etc You've got to have basil.

And the Thai basil is sweeter.

I had never ever even heard of Thai basil until last year. But I like it now and use it in my cooking all the time. The Thai basil has a bit of a sweeter flavor than normal basil that's available in the local grocery store herbs and spices aisle.

We will have to try the Thai basil ,never heard of it.

Forum List

Back