Hydrogen-powered autos?

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
I am all for clean energy if it's viable. I don't see electric cars being maybe on a limited base like inside city-type vehicles.
This article on Hydrogen vehicles seems promising. Posting this for opinions on if it will be feasible as an cleaner fuel for all types of autos and cost wise is it cheaper than fossil fuels.

I am all for clean energy if it's viable. I don't see electric cars being maybe on a limited base like inside city-type vehicles.
This article on Hydrogen vehicles seems promising. Posting this for opinions on if it will be feasible as an cleaner fuel for all types of autos and cost wise is it cheaper than fossil fuels.

It can be done, all that's holding it up is COST. As soon as they get the bugs out, EVs will be toast. And making such a car doesn't require extensive destruction of the environment mining cobalt, lithium, nickel and carbon with slave labor in poor countries. The only byproduct is water and unlike EVs, you don't need to create the energy elsewhere, transmit it hundreds of miles then try to feed it into and store it in a big battery weighing as much as the car and carry it around with you to bleed it off hoping the damn thing doesn't short out causing a fire.

I remember much talk about hydrogen fuel cells W. was president.

I've posted on this before. We can keep the same IC engines, and the don't need a lot of re-engineering of assembly lines.

Hydrogen fuel cell tech is far from new. It's just too expensive right now to be viable.

Forum List

Back