Hundreds of University of Michigan students propose boycott of israel

LIAR.

"Hundreds of people are attending a University of Michigan student government meeting...." is what the article stated. That isn't at all what you claimed.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Hundreds of people are attending a University of Michigan student government meeting on a proposed anti-Israel boycott.

The proposal before the Central Student Government on Tuesday night had been tabled without action last week, leading boycott supporters to stage a sit-in at the government’s offices in the Michigan Union.

The resolution backed by a group calling itself #UMDivest urges the university to sell holdings in companies that are accused of enabling Israeli human rights violations.

From The Detroit News: Hundreds at university hearing on Israel boycott | The Detroit News

I'm underwhelmed. There are about 28,000 udergraduates at UM these days.

PS: Despite the week-long ILLEGAL OCCUPATION of a student government office (aka 'sit in') by the dozen or so protesters, the proposal failed.

Maybe those students are interested in learning something. Wouldn't that be surprising?

The fact that they are there doesn't indicate any position on anything.

I used to go to antiwar rallies (Vietnam) before I went into the Army. Good weed, good music, good chance to get laid.

But I couldn't care less about the war.

Little Nazi-boy Onion probably didn't even read his own link. He just saw something he thought was anti-Israel and started touching himself.

Neg me more!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE that whopping 2k point neg really hurt my neg rep LMAO

Hillel (they represent Jewish kids on campus) also encouraged students to attend. I see nothing in the article to suggest the boycott proposal is being accepted or promoted.

Forum List

Back