Humans & Philosophy

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
I'm feeling a bit philosophical lately.

I guess the topic I'd like to talk with you about is, well, people.

We're weird. And complex. And... a lot of things, actually.

It's as if we all have our own individual beliefs. And personalities. Likes and dislikes. You name it. We're pretty complex and variable.

So, what's one of these hairless apes got to say?

Well, now that I'm typing this up, I'm not really sure myself. :lol: It's like writers block, or whatever it's called, and my my wanders over the etymology of that phrase....

I mean, really? Why are we so complex? Why do disagree about things? Why do we create words? What would happen if us humans couldn't write, speak, or communicate? I remember called Blindness, where everyone lost their ability to see, and it makes me wonder what would happen to society... or how it would be... if we couldn't do things that we currently can.

Why do we have these instincts? Why do we have these thoughts in our heads, whether it be paranoia, cynicism, anger, you name it we've all got it from time to, or all the time. Why do we live? Why do we die? What's the point of life when we're born and then eventually oxidize into a suffering husk?

What exactly is intelligence? How are we supposed to treat each other? Why is there a "how" about treating one another? Why is politics so ugly? Why does it even exist? Because of the disagreements in things that we all can't explain why? Why is conflict part of human nature? Is human behavior just a cocktail of chemicals in your body, and that the thing we call a soul doesn't exist? I don't even want to stick my big toe into the pool of religious discussion.

Why should a person even care about any of this, when he or she can have fun playing video games or other things to occupy themselves with?

Human nature is so very complex, and the more I read the less certain I become.

Last edited:
who says we HAVE instincts, hmm? NObody who knows anything about it. We have a few reflexes, but eveything else is LEARNED. some of that learning takes place in the womb, that's all.

Forum List

Back