Human rights don't deserve a sub-forum?

Meane

Mar 5, 2017
Human rights -topics seem to be posted all over the place, mostly to current events and law and justice if US and otherwise into foreign country topics. But being a universal right for all, shouldn't it have it's own?

Human rights -topics seem to be posted all over the place, mostly to current events and law and justice if US and otherwise into foreign country topics. But being a universal right for all, shouldn't it have it's own?

Don't see the point of one; everything gets crammed into Current Events, no matter what; most haven't figured out how to scroll down past the top sub-forums yet.

Of course it's crammed when there is no other place.

Place it at the top if you're afraid to scroll.

It is chaotic and a sub forum would make it clearer as to what is about human rights and what is, for instance, about legal problems less related to former or arguments about the rights of police.

Plenty of sub-forums, like the Law and Justice and Religion and Ethics forums and others covering the human rights category where all those issues already fit, so such a sub-forum would be redundant.

The kinda tricky part is the "universal" part of that. Certainly our Declaration of Independence invoked Natural Rights, but all that has been lost in 200+ years of SupCt interpretations. And the UN view of "universal" rights is not in agreement with most America views on the subject.

So there IS a domestic/foreign difference. To IMPOSE our view of "universal human rights" on a Middle East country for example is a form of cultural, moral Imperialism. All of THAT -- is a debate for the Religion and Ethics forum I suppose..

omigod no human rights sub forum?????????????????????
in all honesty who gives a ....

:laugh:

Haha. Good one. Humans have rights. And I suppose animals do, too, huh?

Of course animals have rights.

Also Anchovies have rights....I demand an Anchovies Have Rights Sub-Forum....NOW :smoke: :popcorn:

upload_2017-4-3_3-49-35.jpeg

Bruce_T_Laney will I'm sure support me in this....mission :popcorn: :poke:

The kinda tricky part is the "universal" part of that. Certainly our Declaration of Independence invoked Natural Rights, but all that has been lost in 200+ years of SupCt interpretations. And the UN view of "universal" rights is not in agreement with most America views on the subject.

So there IS a domestic/foreign difference. To IMPOSE our view of "universal human rights" on a Middle East country for example is a form of cultural, moral Imperialism. All of THAT -- is a debate for the Religion and Ethics forum I suppose..
And how does America's view of human rights contradict the UN's views?

And the Philosophy forum as well, re 'Natural Rights', since the logical concept was seeded very early in Greek philosophy, and reached its pinnacle when developed and advanced under Judeo-Christian theologians, for whom philosophy, history, literature, and science were essentially the same things. The later 'Enlightenment' philosophers then tried to re-invent it as a secular premise, like Locke, but ended up merely inventing a lot of ad hoc reductionism and hand-waves, which is why they haven't been as influential and successful with their revisionism.

Last edited:

The UN doesn't care about 'human Rights', so there is nothing to contradict. They have a lot of rhetoric gibbering about them, sure, but no genuine interest in human rights.

The UN doesn't care about 'human Rights', so there is nothing to contradict. They have a lot of rhetoric gibbering about them, sure, but no genuine interest in human rights.
Why don't you show some evidence. It is not like America is a paradise for those who fear their rights violated.

Why don't you show some evidence. It is not like America is a paradise for those who fear their rights violated.

Why don't you just kiss my ass, and go start a thread on it somewhere?

A bad loser, eh? Why don't get out of here if you can't perform?

lol I didn't lose anything, you're just a troll, and this isn't the forum you need to be sniveling about 'da cops n stuff' in; that would be the Law and Justice forum, moron.

lol I didn't lose anything, you're just a troll, and this isn't the forum you need to be sniveling about 'da cops n stuff' in; that would be the Law and Justice forum, moron.
You clearly cant read..

You are in Announcements and Feedback, this isn't the section for in-depth political babbling, which is why this section is called Announcements and Feedback, why don't you post a thread in the Politics Section or something.

You clearly cant read..

"You clearly can't read"

Neither can you:

Announcements and Feedback

Announcements from USMB staff, also post your feedback and questions here.

You clearly cant read..

How ironic ...

Of course it's crammed when there is no other place.

Place it at the top if you're afraid to scroll.

It is chaotic and a sub forum would make it clearer as to what is about human rights and what is, for instance, about legal problems less related to former or arguments about the rights of police.

"It is chaotic"

The majority of people both on the Left and the Right and in-between don't seem to be whining about Current Events being chaotic or the Politics Sections being chaotic and we all have been here a long time and some have been here a very very long time and everything has run pretty smoothly as it is.

You joined a month ago and are whining in your OP and subsequent posts ALL in the WRONG section of the forum for one thing and for another thing, you don't just turn up four weeks ago and begin demanding that a SPECIAL sub-section is put up JUST to cater for you and your bedwetting.

Stop whining and STFU, if you don't like how the forum is either run or the layout of the existing Sections and Sub-Sections that 99.9% of the members here are perfectly happy with, then take your whining somewhere else.

Forum List

Back