Hulu, YouTube, Sling, and other streaming services

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Does anyone use any of these streaming services? Would anyone recommend any of them? Also, I normally watch most programming (other than sports) after they've been recorded, to avoid advertising, and do any of these services offer a DVR option? Comcast has gotten ridiculously expensive, and while I can afford it, I don't like that they keep raising their prices. My internet, TV and a landline phone now all cost a shade over $250 a month. A new provider is available where I can get fiber optic internet, 500 MB, for $84 a month, and a landline for $9, so I can probably save close to $100 a month if I drop programming from Comcast (the fiber optic network programming is about the same as Comcast)

I have a Roku streaming stick.

I subscribe to YouTube, Disney+, HBOMax, Peacock, AmazonPrime, and have access to others.

Along with Dish, it runs me about $150 a month.

Does anyone use any of these streaming services? Would anyone recommend any of them? Also, I normally watch most programming (other than sports) after they've been recorded, to avoid advertising, and do any of these services offer a DVR option? Comcast has gotten ridiculously expensive, and while I can afford it, I don't like that they keep raising their prices. My internet, TV and a landline phone now all cost a shade over $250 a month. A new provider is available where I can get fiber optic internet, 500 MB, for $84 a month, and a landline for $9, so I can probably save close to $100 a month if I drop programming from Comcast (the fiber optic network programming is about the same as Comcast)

You're a fucking idiot for handing your money over to the cable monopolies.

Whatever, it's probably welfare money, anyway.

We have Amazon Prime and we get Hulu with our cell phone plan. Other than that I stick to the free channels. There is more on them than I could ever hope to watch.

I do Amazon Prime. Gives Me access to many things.

Paramount+ because I managed to get it for 1.99 a month for a year.
Hulu because I got it for 0.99 a month for a year

I refuse to watch Netflix for anything.

I had HBO Max for a few months too because I wanted to catch the "Foundation" Series, but it turned out to be shit so I didn't renew.

I had HBO Max for a few months too because I wanted to catch the "Foundation" Series, but it turned out to be shit so I didn't renew.
I'm on Amazon Prime, was gonna drop it but it's easily accessible on my work computer so when the day is dragging I'll flip over and watch The Boys or some obscure movie I've never heard of, like you don't want Netflix and have HBO Max because they offer some interesting shows (and the occasional movie) but hearing about Hulu for .99 a month has piqued my interest, I'll look into that.

I'm on Amazon Prime, was gonna drop it but it's easily accessible on my work computer so when the day is dragging I'll flip over and watch The Boys or some obscure movie I've never heard of, like you don't want Netflix and have HBO Max because they offer some interesting shows (and the occasional movie) but hearing about Hulu for .99 a month has piqued my interest, I'll look into that.
Hulu is a bit limited. Well, they all are as they are focused on specific content by specific providers. But Hulu is interesting. The biggest problem is their library is a bit dated.

The Foundation series is on Apple plus and not HBOMax.

I do not use any streaming service but i do have fiber optics internet and it is way better and faster than Comcast. I have had no problems with fiber optics.

Hulu, History, Amazon Prime, Youtube but not "youtube TV", all through smart TV apps.

I get most of what I had with cable for a fraction of the price and can get pretty much anything else I'm looking for online.

Buy a firestick first off. If you have a Amazon prime account you'll have access to a buttload of prime movies and tv shows, but it also lets you install almost every streaming service app on it including free ones.

Tubi is a free app that has a surprisingly huge list of movies and tv shows with a focus on 80s and 90s especially with newer stuff as well. And they have a lot of great free movies, a lot of shit ones as well to. But Tubi is great and they add content often.

Pluto is free also. The interface isn't the best but they have a lot of movies and shows also that are free. They also have a live stream service reminiscent of cable TV format. So they have free tv channels, and on demand movies.

Those are both free options that are a good start and give you a lot of content. Just have to watch commercials but that's fine.

Firestick is also great because you can search and browse every streaming service out there, it doesn't just show you Amazon stuff. I searched for the keep last night and when I clicked on it it shows me the rent or buy price digitally on Amazon, but it also shows you options for everyother service that carries it free or otherwise. You can put YouTube app on it also for free movies on there.

So get a firestick. Install Tubi and Pluto. And go from there.

I watch content via Roku only and stream Amazon Prime and Discovery Plus. Not thrilled with either one very often and have tried others through trial periods and not been thrilled with them either so did not subscribe. I have found I prefer dated, 90's, and a few years later, content for they are mostly absent of political ideology going on in today's world. Anyway, I have never been a fan of much TV and won't watch anything with commercials. I am currently enjoying two seasons of Alaska Vet w/ Dr. Dee on Prime.

Forum List

Back