Huckabee Opposes Insurance for Those With Pre-existing Conditions

Typicallyt for the Left they can't get anything right.
Huckabee doesnt oppose insurance for those with pre=existing condtitions. He opposes government imposing a mandate on insurance companies telling them they must cover people who are at very high risk of incurring enormous medical expenses.
Said expenses will raise rates for everyone else.
Hello?
Do you want to pay higher premiums so your 300lb alcoholic smoker neighbor in his late 50s can get insurance? How about double your present premium? Triple?
Why people think risk costs nothing is beyond me.

I oppose it too because that means healthy people like me have to pay higher premiums to cover the costs of these other people.

It should be the insurance company's decision, not the government's.

Yea, I posted to this and my post was dropped.

Idiots.

Huckabee is supposed to be some kind of "holy man". And he lies? What kind of "holy man" is that?

Why don't you guys "DEFINE" Pre-existing condition?

Try, "allergy", or "cesarean section", or "mammogram within the last six months", or "removed appendix". All of those are "pre existing conditions". Fuckers.

How do you think insurance companies can pay a CEO 73 million dollars????? Duh!!!!

Do you think the CEO is the ONLY one paid like that? All the executives are paid like that. Maybe not quite that much, but extravagantly.

The ONLY way to get that kind of money is to drop policies of people who get sick. Of course, that was illegal, so insurance companies "DEFINED" pre existing conditions as just about anything. That made it legal.

Global Medical Gold Insurance, IMG administered, Sirius International underwritten Global Medical Gold Insurance for Worldwide Insurance coverage - Call 877-340-7910.

Pre-Existing Condition Definition - The following illnesses which exist, manifest themselves or are treated or have treatment recommended prior to or during the first 180 days of coverage from the initial effective date are considered pre-existing conditions: asthma, allergies, tonsillectomy, back conditions, adenoidectomy, hemorrhoids or hemorrhoidectomy, disorders of the reproductive system, hysterectomy, hernia, gall stones or kidney stones, any condition of the breast, and any condition of the prostate.

Fuckers - hernia and tonsillectomy are "pre existing conditions".

YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO WAKE THE FUCK UP. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU????????

You should be happy, they don't list stupidity.

Definition of "pre-existing conditions" can vary from one company to another, just as premiums, co-pays, etc. Loss ratios contribute greatly to premium costs. I've never heard of asthma, tonsillectomies, appendicitis, etc. being pre-existing conditions. However cancer, serious heart conditions, MS, birth defects, etc. can be considered pre-existing. If you've had coverage for any length of time and been healthy, then are diagnosed with cancer or have a serious heart attack out of the blue, they are not considered pre-existing conditions and are covered. Some pre-existing conditions are extraordinarily expensive illnesses and those costs are passed down to all other perfectly healthy insureds by way of higher premiums.

There is no easy answer as to how to cover serious pre-existing conditions, but, yes, there should be a way to ease the financial burdens to those who have serious problems. Perhaps a set-aside pool contributed to by all insurance companies as well as some government contribution. I don't know.

The so-called "death panels" have nothing to do with pre-existing conditions. It's more about eliminating people who can no longer be of use to society. Some pre-existing conditions could fall under the "useless" category, but I think more generally it pertains to elderly people. It's a "purification" sort of thing and the intent would be to cleanse society of people who don't meet certain standards of perfection.

Again, check out the background/beliefs of Obama's czars and appointees to Cabinet posts. Check out Rahm Emanuel's brother - not a czar - but a doctor who believes in eugenics, etc. Don't tell me he doesn't have access to Obama.

blu - just a comment on your sig. Perhaps you should reconsider the thought: "I will not take your hand and marry the State." That's exactly what you will be doing if all insurance companies were banned and the government had complete control of health care. The government then has the power over who gets treated and who doesn't, how long it will be before a person waits in line for treatment, whether a person lives or dies. Any time you accept something "free" from the government, the government owns your soul.

Last edited:
Definition of "pre-existing conditions" can vary from one company to another, just as premiums, co-pays, etc. Loss ratios contribute greatly to premium costs. I've never heard of asthma, tonsillectomies, appendicitis, etc. being pre-existing conditions. However cancer, serious heart conditions, MS, birth defects, etc. can be considered pre-existing. If you've had coverage for any length of time and been healthy, then are diagnosed with cancer or have a serious heart attack out of the blue, they are not considered pre-existing conditions and are covered. Some pre-existing conditions are extraordinarily expensive illnesses and those costs are passed down to all other perfectly healthy insureds by way of higher premiums.

There is no easy answer as to how to cover serious pre-existing conditions, but, yes, there should be a way to ease the financial burdens to those who have serious problems. Perhaps a set-aside pool contributed to by all insurance companies as well as some government contribution. I don't know.

The so-called "death panels" have nothing to do with pre-existing conditions. It's more about eliminating people who can no longer be of use to society. Some pre-existing conditions could fall under the "useless" category, but I think more generally it pertains to elderly people. It's a "purification" sort of thing and the intent would be to cleanse society of people who don't meet certain standards of perfection.

Again, check out the background/beliefs of Obama's czars and appointees to Cabinet posts. Check out Rahm Emanuel's brother - not a czar - but a doctor who believes in eugenics, etc. Don't tell me he doesn't have access to Obama.

blu - just a comment on your sig. Perhaps you should reconsider the thought: "I will not take your hand and marry the State." That's exactly what you will be doing if all insurance companies were banned and the government had complete control of health care. The government then has the power over who gets treated and who doesn't, how long it will be before a person waits in line for treatment, whether a person lives or dies. Any time you accept something "free" from the government, the government owns your soul.

I can't believe that any sane person would want the Govt to be in charge of the HC for this country.

The Govt that has never run anything cheaply or well.

The Govt thats so full of waste, red tape and bullshit in charge of HC???

I, for one, shudder at the very thought. Lord save us from fools who think thats a good plan. Jeeze.

Huckabee doesnt oppose insurance for those with pre=existing condtitions. He opposes government imposing a mandate on insurance companies telling them they must cover people who are at very high risk of incurring enormous medical expenses.
Hello?
Do you want to pay higher premiums so your 300lb alcoholic smoker neighbor in his late 50s can get insurance? How about double your present premium? Triple?

Your so right Rabbi.

Everyone seems to loose site of the fact that this is money coming from those with insurance.

We will be FORCED to cover the expenses for everyone. This is nothing but FORCED CHARITY just like Medicaid and Welfare.

We are already paying higher premiums and this bs doesn't really take effect until 2014.

O'Reillys premium went up by $2000 and this is just the first year. Premiums could go up 8 or 9% or higher before 2014.

I don't know about you but I don't feel like putting myself in the poorhouse to cover someone elses medical expenses.

My hat is off to anyone out there who wants to though. Have fun in that poorhouse. LOL

Hello?

Your so right Rabbi.

Everyone seems to loose site of the fact that this is money coming from those with insurance.

We will be FORCED to cover the expenses for everyone. This is nothing but FORCED CHARITY just like Medicaid and Welfare.

We are already paying higher premiums and this bs doesn't really take effect until 2014.

O'Reillys premium went up by $2000 and this is just the first year. Premiums could go up 8 or 9% or higher before 2014.

I don't know about you but I don't feel like putting myself in the poorhouse to cover someone elses medical expenses.

My hat is off to anyone out there who wants to though. Have fun in that poorhouse. LOL

The administration promised basically free benefits: no restrictions on pre existing conditions, adult children covered, etc. They did not promise that rates would remain the same. Nor could they because they are mandating that companies take extra risk and someone needs to pay for it. THat someone is the insured.
So now that companies have begun to raise rates (because someone needs to pay for increased risk) the Administration is threatening them in the most thuggish manner for the crime of making the administration look bad.
Why people dont understand this is beyond me.

Hello?

Your so right Rabbi.

Everyone seems to loose site of the fact that this is money coming from those with
insurance.

The administration promised basically free benefits: no restrictions on pre existing conditions, adult children covered, etc. They did not promise that rates would remain the same. Nor could they because they are mandating that companies take extra risk and someone needs to pay for it. THat someone is the insured.
So now that companies have begun to raise rates (because someone needs to pay for increased risk) the Administration is threatening them in the most thuggish manner for the crime of making the administration look bad.
Why people dont understand this is beyond me.

Understandable considering there was no real reform on the one thing that needed reforming. THE COST.

Wait until the premiums start to skyrocket then they will understand that there is no FREE out there.

OL'BO did say that he wanted to spread the wealth and thats exactly what this HC bill does.

Forum List

Back