HRC hypocrisy on guns - she hunts

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Had to search the wayback files, but from 2002:

Hillary Tells NRA Member: I Used to Be a Duck Hunter

"Posted on 06/02/2002 8:25:53 PM PDT by Paul Atreides

In a surprise revelation during a Memorial Day campaign swing through upstate New York, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton announced that she used to be a duck hunter.

The bizarre claim went unreported till Sunday, when Long Island's Newsday detailed a Clinton reception in the tiny village of Fort Ann, N.Y.

Resident Holden Clous, a National Rifle Association member, asked what the paper described as "a rather hostile question" about why Mrs. Clinton favored tightening laws governing gun show sales.

"He wasn't satisfied when she said it was a logical safety measure to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but he seemed surprised when she said she had once hunted," the paper said.

Newsday then added, "It was ducks and a long time ago, she amplified later."

Clinton apparently declined to give further details on her days as a game fowl hunter, including who she hunted with, what kind of rifle she used and how many ducks she killed. "

While I'd agree she's appears consistent in her gun control position, it's not without an air of hypocrisy.

In a surprise revelation during a Memorial Day campaign swing through upstate New York, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton announced that she used to be a duck hunter.

The bizarre claim went unreported till Sunday, when Long Island's Newsday detailed a Clinton reception in the tiny village of Fort Ann, N.Y.

Resident Holden Clous, a National Rifle Association member, asked what the paper described as "a rather hostile question" about why Mrs. Clinton favored tightening laws governing gun show sales.

"He wasn't satisfied when she said it was a logical safety measure to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but he seemed surprised when she said she had once hunted," the paper said.

Clinton apparently declined to give further details on her days as a game fowl hunter, including who she hunted with, what kind of rifle she used and how many ducks she killed. "

While I'd agree she's appears consistent in her gun control position, it's not without an air of hypocrisy.

what kind of rifle she used
Must have been a helluva shot

Was under the impression duck hunters as with bird hunting in general use 'scattershot' to overcome not being able to hit the broadside of barns. :)

Was under the impression duck hunters as with bird hunting in general use 'scattershot' to overcome not being able to hit the broadside of barns. :)

Exactly.

I imagine only an excellent shot would hunt birds with a rifle.

OR someone is making shit up.

Exactly.

Since she didn't answer the question about what gun she used, who exactly are you accusing of making shit up?

Exactly.

Since she didn't answer the question about what gun she used, who exactly are you accusing of making shit up?

Sounds like you don't know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun either

Where did Hillary ever say she wants to ban duck hunting or duck hunting guns?

She wants to keep guns away from wife beaters....do you oppose that?

This isn't about me. This is about a politician saying she wants to control who can have a gun when she herself is a hunter or ex-hunter.

This isn't about me. This is about a politician saying she wants to control who can have a gun when she herself is a hunter or ex-hunter.

People who want to keep criminals, crazies and wife beaters from having guns are not allowed to hunt?

You can't tell the difference?

The wife can use the gun to shoot the beater.

People who want to keep criminals, crazies and wife beaters from having guns are not allowed to hunt?

You can't tell the difference?
There are already laws for that. However you can't keep people from getting guns and killing if they are crazy.

He would've found a way to kill.

Exactly.

Of course I do, but that wasn't the point. What exactly makes you think she said she used a rifle to shoot ducks?

Exactly.

Of course I do, but that wasn't the point. What exactly makes you think she said she used a rifle to shoot ducks?

the OP.

Didn't you read it?

Where's the hypocrisy then? Lots more gun owners favor gun regulations than you possibly can imagine. Are you a robot tied to every stupid phrase or argument coming out of the NRA

Exactly.

the OP.

Didn't you read it?
so what?

This isn't about me. This is about a politician saying she wants to control who can have a gun when she herself is a hunter or ex-hunter

What's the problem?

Hunting is a legitimate activity. Shooting people is not. There's quite a difference between the two.

A few more of these mass shootings and congress will be forced to act. And as long as pandering congressmen just say no to reasonable laws the law will be written by people like Feinstein who know nothing about them.

There are now laws protecting the privacy of crazy people that allows them to buy guns unless they've been before a judge.

Large capacity magazines are legal although they have no legitimate purpose.

There are only three sane reasons for using guns .... Hunting, target shooting and self protection. If you need a 10 to 100 shot magazine to do these things you shouldn't have a gun.

Forum List

Back