Howdy!

pauls

Jul 1, 2015
I am not sure if I have been here before or not but I was looking for a good discussion forum for political ideas and found this one in the search. I will have to look around a bit to see if it is a good fit for this old guy who leans toward the Libertarian / anti-federalist side of the political arena.

Note: moderators, If I have a different login - it is unknown to me and likely uses a different email or name and password than I have now. Since I am unaware a note to me would be appreciated to let me know. Any other account can be permanently deleted or banned - this is the only one that I am aware of. (I was recently banned from another site for the same reason without prior contact)

welcome_082.gif

I am not sure if I have been here before or not but I was looking for a good discussion forum for political ideas and found this one in the search. I will have to look around a bit to see if it is a good fit for this old guy who leans toward the Libertarian / anti-federalist side of the political arena.

Note: moderators, If I have a different login - it is unknown to me and likely uses a different email or name and password than I have now. Since I am unaware a note to me would be appreciated to let me know. Any other account can be permanently deleted or banned - this is the only one that I am aware of. (I was recently banned from another site for the same reason without prior contact)

Do you like Heinlein and his ideas?

Well Pauls, it seems this is the only account you have here, so all is good.

Welcome to USMB. :)

Well Pauls, it seems this is the only account you have here, so all is good.

Welcome to USMB. :)

Thank you! - Your nym... Are you both at once or sometimes one and other times the other?
No flirt, just a philosophical question...

I am not really a fan but I do ponder what will happen when AI becomes smarter than we are, and self aware. I am not sure there is a way to "hard wire" a submissive demeanor into a sentient intelligence that can and will out think us at every turn. I do like the concept of never providing any AI arms, legs, eyes or ears. The only interface should be through direct connection code transfer. Let them wonder about their "creator".

Going all "paulsey"?
As in Cerebral or is it a reference to my libertarian leanings? :)

I am not really a fan but I do ponder what will happen when AI becomes smarter than we are, and self aware. I am not sure there is a way to "hard wire" a submissive demeanor into a sentient intelligence that can and will out think us at every turn. I do like the concept of never providing any AI arms, legs, eyes or ears. The only interface should be through direct connection code transfer. Let them wonder about their "creator".

Modern AIs already smarter than humans. Just try to 234*756 faster than calculator :)
But It's not a joke. Now AI can solve many sophisticated problems (if we can trust them).
We can build AI smarter than any people "a is" right now. Have your heard, by example, about Deep Blue, which plays chess best?

But there's still a problem for AI, because humankind has a collective intelligence, including literature, media, religions, ethics and variable individual parameters of each person. So, against single Terminator humankind still able to find specific John Konnor from 7 billon candidates :)

Welcome aboard.

Thank you. So far I am happy to be here.

The women here are all taken. If you are ok with men, then welcome.

Men make great friends (so do women) and I enjoy the company of men. I have never found a man attractive but then I'm not here to date and I would not date a man. If that means that you don't welcome my presence - gosh, I'm sorry - others seem to think it is OK for me to be here but if being here is discomforting for you then you can ignore me. (jest)

Modern AIs already smarter than humans. Just try to 234*756 faster than calculator :)
But It's not a joke. Now AI can solve many sophisticated problems (if we can trust them).
We can build AI smarter than any people "a is" right now. Have your heard, by example, about Deep Blue, which plays chess best?

But there's still a problem for AI, because humankind has a collective intelligence, including literature, media, religions, ethics and variable individual parameters of each person. So, against single Terminator humankind still able to find specific John Konnor from 7 billon candidates :)

So far AI can be better at a single task only due to their speed. The chess machines simply calculate all the possible moves and counter them to win. Chess is a mathematical game, and relatively easy to program a computer so it can win. There was recently a program that formed a theory on a very old problem. the story is here:
Computer independently solves 120-year-old biological mystery Wired UK
Still it was only one task. They are getting closer the the self-learning algorithm that could produce software/hardware combination that might have a measurable IQ.

Very interesting 'Wired' article. Thanks. A great applicatioin of tech.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you. So far I am happy to be here.

The women here are all taken. If you are ok with men, then welcome.

Men make great friends (so do women) and I enjoy the company of men. I have never found a man attractive but then I'm not here to date and I would not date a man. If that means that you don't welcome my presence - gosh, I'm sorry - others seem to think it is OK for me to be here but if being here is discomforting for you then you can ignore me. (jest)

I'm sure aaroland would be thrilled. :)

Welp, welcome to the best little online insane asylum on the interwebz. I see you've met A & D one of our resident nurses (I'm still trying to get into her pants but haven't lost enough weight yet). I'm the resident psychiatrist, Dr Hackenbush. If you didn't come with your own dinner jacket one will be issued.

straightjacket.gif

Welcome and make yourself at home!

Forum List

Back