How would you fight China?

I believe we'd need to fight them in different sectors:

Economically
Politically
Militarily

The combination of these three will help us win a war against a substantially larger country. How these three will help is that we need the consent of the Chinese people if we are to win a war.

Economically, without American corporations China's economy would be totally screwed. Not to mention we have warehouses full of Chinese toys and products, we can have enough to last us a while until corporations decide to base their production somewhere else or someone else steps in. We could also have NATO members boycott Chinese-made products in order to kill their economy even more.

Politically, currently the PRC is a one-party state, and living under inefficient regimes which can't really take care of the people they said they would during the revolutions in China. So if we provide alternatives, we can possibly have the Chinese support our actions and hopefully contribute the Chinese government's downfall.

Militarily, we have a much supreme military compared to the Chinese. They only have one aircraft carrier compared to our Naval fleet, and our military has experience all over the world. If we do get into a conflict with China we will also not have to deal with the idea of resistance against us by civilians (ex. Iraq), but we will have to deal with quite a large mass of people to contain and avoid collateral damage in the chaos.

That's my run down of things. It's a bit too basic, but it works.

A direct war with China is probably the end for everyone. That's why China and the U.S. will never attack each other. We may fight economically, but hell if the U.S. economy is destroyed we'll still have thousands of nukes and no one will want to mess with that.
Oh, really?

Thousands of nukes is absurdly redundant and is nothing more than a statement of our national insanity. How many nukes do you think it would take to destroy civilization? China has that many. So does Russia. And they are not the only nuke-equipped militaries which are expanding their arsenals day by day. So forget nukes. Those days are over, unless we wish to incinerate ourselves along with everyone else.

We need foot soldiers to put in the way of foot soldiers. And right now China is way ahead of us in that capability.

One side would nuke the others foot soldiers. That's why neither side will send foot soldiers.

Not so sure we fight economically... China influences our economy... yes... like when some years ago they flooded our market with under priced wing nuts... drove the U.S. domestic wing nut production out of business... now we're at the mercy of China for our wing nut supply (lol, least that's the last I heard)... here's the deal - personally, I think our economies are hugely intertwined.. and that contributes to a certain degree of stability and lack of antagonism (ignoring the spies for a moment)... I'm no expert though, so school me!

Oh, really?

Thousands of nukes is absurdly redundant and is nothing more than a statement of our national insanity. How many nukes do you think it would take to destroy civilization? China has that many. So does Russia. And they are not the only nuke-equipped militaries which are expanding their arsenals day by day. So forget nukes. Those days are over, unless we wish to incinerate ourselves along with everyone else.

We need foot soldiers to put in the way of foot soldiers. And right now China is way ahead of us in that capability.

One side would nuke the others foot soldiers. That's why neither side will send foot soldiers.

Not so sure we fight economically... China influences our economy... yes... like when some years ago they flooded our market with under priced wing nuts... drove the U.S. domestic wing nut production out of business... now we're at the mercy of China for our wing nut supply (lol, least that's the last I heard)... here's the deal - personally, I think our economies are hugely intertwined.. and that contributes to a certain degree of stability and lack of antagonism (ignoring the spies for a moment)... I'm no expert though, so school me!

Trade has always been considered a brake on warfare, but it's not.

China in the days of the foreign concessions is a good example. No matter how much China gained from that, when they'd had enough, the simply drove out the Europeans and Japanese. Also, recall that Germany's biggest trading partner in 1914 was Great Britain. That didn't stop them from violating Belgian neutrality and starting a war with GB, did it? And, the United States was the primary trading partner for Japan before Pearl Harbor too. If anyone thinks closer trade relations will prevent war, history shows them wrong.

Of course, it seems we American's have the most trouble wrapping our minds around the fact that money is NOT the highest priority for everyone and, no, everyone doesn't want to be like us.

The primary focus of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion chinese under control. They are not built to project military power around the globe

How would you fight China?

H-bombs. No sweat and in China they might even improve the environment.
Next question.

I believe we'd need to fight them in different sectors:

Economically
Politically
Militarily

The combination of these three will help us win a war against a substantially larger country. How these three will help is that we need the consent of the Chinese people if we are to win a war.

Economically, without American corporations China's economy would be totally screwed. Not to mention we have warehouses full of Chinese toys and products, we can have enough to last us a while until corporations decide to base their production somewhere else or someone else steps in. We could also have NATO members boycott Chinese-made products in order to kill their economy even more.

Politically, currently the PRC is a one-party state, and living under inefficient regimes which can't really take care of the people they said they would during the revolutions in China. So if we provide alternatives, we can possibly have the Chinese support our actions and hopefully contribute the Chinese government's downfall.

Militarily, we have a much supreme military compared to the Chinese. They only have one aircraft carrier compared to our Naval fleet, and our military has experience all over the world. If we do get into a conflict with China we will also not have to deal with the idea of resistance against us by civilians (ex. Iraq), but we will have to deal with quite a large mass of people to contain and avoid collateral damage in the chaos.

That's my run down of things. It's a bit too basic, but it works.

Unfortunately, cutting off trade with China would do just as much economic damage to the US (and the rest of the world). Neither America nor China likes being so co-dependent on the other, but both realize that they're stuck with it.

Is this your way of admitting you don't know the first thing about Chinese history? How do you think China took on the dimensions it has today? Everyone just got together and agreed on it? Smaller kingdoms warred with each other, conquered each other and expanded into larger states. Those states took over or were taken over by other states and further expanded the area that would become what we know as China today. Even the most cursory reading of history will show the incredible areas that were invaded, conquered, and absorbed over the millenia. Ask Korea about China never invading anywhere. Ask Vietnam or any country in SEA. Ask Tibet. Ask Xinjiang. If it weren't for a few well-timed typhoons you might ask Japan.

The whole 'gun powder was only ever used for fireworks' bit is also a myth.

Just because China suffered under European colonialism doesn't mean they never made war in their own right.

1: The 'divine wind' invasion of Japan was carried out by the.... Mongols...

Guess where Kubla Khan's capital was located? Again, study some history and you'll get the big picture.
Yes, as everyone knows, it was in Xanadu (Inner Mongolia) where Kubla Khan did a stately pleasure-dome decree. Nice trick question. Summer capital after the move to Beijing. So what; it was still the Mongol Yuan dynasty.

Was it you that neg repped me? If so, thanx a lot.

Anyway, are you seriously disputing that it was the Mongols who were behind the invasion of Japan and that the Chinese had very little choice being involved in it?

Also, please don't accuse me of knowing nothing about history. You know nothing about me. Also, we do all know that the interpretation of historical events is somewhat subjective. It isn't a science after all..
Finally, I'm not saying that the Chinese have never been involved in aggressive military operations (if I remember correctly the Ming dynasty even invaded Mongolia in the late 14th cent). What I am saying is that they did so to a far lesser extent than Europeans - or at least with less devastating consequences.
From your other posts I can see that the subject is very close to your heart. It isn't particularly to mine. Perhaps that has led you to being rather excessively anti-Chinese?

Last edited:
. Perhaps that has led you to being rather excessively anti-Chinese?

Where have you seen me being "anti-Chinese" at all? :confused:

I'm reading between the lines, you said 'Go ask the Uyghurs about that. Go ask the Tibetans. I have.'

From that I presumed you have either been to Tibet and the Tarim basin (or wherever it is the Uighurs live these days) or that you are/ have been in contact with the people who live there. I therefore assumed you might have acquired an anti-Chinese bias.

Never mind. I obviously think too deeply about the posts people place on this forum.

Please don't make assumptions. I'm no fan of the CCP, and I most certainly am sympathetic to the plight of the Uighurs and the Tibetans (yes, where I have been and who I have known very intimately), but I most certainly am NOT "anti-Chinese." I have great affection for China and her people.

The time for any nation to create war will be over natural resources that are depleting globally.

The time for any nation to create war will be over natural resources that are depleting globally.

That is the conventional wisdom. However, we are discovering resources at a vastly more rapid rate than we are depleting them - including oil - so such a war is unlikely. At least in the next few centuries it is unlikely.

The key to invading China is their impenetrable Great Wall. I would mass my forces outside the great wall and then bombard it with air and artillery attacks while I tunneled under another section. As the Chinese formed to fill the breach in their wall, I would move my forces through the tunnel flanking them and leading to their defeat

Yes, your track record speaks for itself. 'Drive by' was the comment someone made above; very apt. On the other hand, if you were to expand on your thinking rather than just making meaningless comments...

My my, if this thread is anything to go by, then forum standards haved slipped considerably in the last few months.
Are you JStone?

It's a little strange you having the same avatar he had.

The key to invading China is their impenetrable Great Wall. I would mass my forces outside the great wall and then bombard it with air and artillery attacks while I tunneled under another section. As the Chinese formed to fill the breach in their wall, I would move my forces through the tunnel flanking them and leading to their defeat

No need to bother. The wall was originally built to keep looters from escaping with their plunder, not to stop them from getting in.

No need to bother. The wall was originally built to keep looters from escaping with their plunder, not to stop them from getting in.
We could always defeat them the way we defeated the Indians with white mans diseases and rot gut liquor

Forum List

Back